Clubplanet Nightlife Community

O'Reilly article

igloo

Bill O'Reilly

September 28, 2002

The truth be told

How many times over the last year have we heard various pundits and agenda-driven big mouths say the following: "The United States is partly to blame for world terrorism because it has abused and exploited the Muslim world"?

This is an enormous lie and one that should be stopped dead in its tracks. The real reason that many Muslims hate America is that it supports and defends Israel. That is the truth, and all these other canards are charades.

A few years back, I was wandering around Morocco -- perhaps the most pro-U.S. Muslim country in the world. Everywhere I went, little kids ran up to me asking for handouts. When they saw I was an American, many of them asked in English: "Are you a Jew?" When I answered in the negative, they were very pleased. Jews were bad, they all said.

If you travel anywhere in the Muslim world, I guarantee you that the vast majority of children will behave the same way. They are taught hatred for the Jews in school. Their parents reinforce the prejudice at home. This has been going on for thousands of years, and it's all about land. The Muslims feel the ancient land of Palestine is their territory. But the Jews have chosen this place to make their stand.

The United States has heroically supported Israel in the face of almost worldwide condemnation. But what the world refuses to acknowledge is that without America's help, the Arabs would slaughter the Jews much like the Nazis did. There is no question about this. Hamas, Hezbollah and the other insane terrorists will tell you flat out: The Jews deserve to die. If the United States ever stopped supplying money and weapons to Israel, there would be a second holocaust.

So once again, America is practicing heroism. The United States has put itself at risk to prevent the Jews in Israel from being murdered even while our presidents have tried in vain to negotiate a peaceful settlement to the land conflict. We Americans have also contributed trillions of tax dollars over the years in an attempt to stabilize the Middle East. We are doing the right thing -- what's the rest of the world doing?

The United Nations is not going to help Israel or propose a fair peace deal. At that farce of a conference which the U.N. recently sponsored in Africa, anti-Semitic rhetoric ran amuck. The tone the United Nations allowed was shocking but, sadly, predictable. Israel has few friends in the world forum.

But the most egregious betrayal of all lies on the doorstep of Germany. The loathsome Gerhardt Schroeder sold out the United States and Israel by refusing any assistance in the Iraq situation in order to win re-election. Schroeder and the rest of his government know that Saddam Hussein would kill Israeli civilians in a heartbeat if he felt he could get away with it. The Germans know Saddam is capable of doing Israel great harm. Yet those courageous Germans are sitting this one out. Even though it is because of them that Israel had to be created in the first place.

Of all the people on this earth, the Germans are the ones who should be doing everything possible to help the Jews. They have not repaid the Hitler debt -- and show no signs of wanting to do so. It is shameful and cowardly that Schroeder and his followers have once again failed to fulfill their historical obligation to the Jewish people.

So when you hear all this claptrap about how America is insensitive to the Muslim world, and arrogant and discourteous to weaker nations -- ignore it. What lies beneath terrorism and the endless Middle East conflict is glowing, murderous hatred that has been centuries in the making.

America is protecting millions of Jews from another mass homicide as sure as Yasser Arafat is a corrupt incompetent. Once again, the United States has put itself on the line to protect human beings that desperately need protection.

And that is the truth.

Mmmm, pure and clean cut, yes.

All that O'Reilly forgets to mention is the US practically building the Taliban to its height of power for the sake of fighting Russians. O'Reilly also forgot our lovely little ventures during the Iraq-Iran war where we supplied weapons to Iran. But I'm sure that was ok because it was all in the name of defending Israel. Oh, and I'm positive that O'Reilly conveniently left out the part where it was the US who had a major hand in dropping Israel dead smack in the middle of the Middle East in the first place. Of course, that was done for the safety of the Jews.

No spin on Mr. O'Reilly's part at all, no sir. Especially when he declared that the UN won't help Israel without so much as even glancing on the details of how that stance may have came to be.

Pure truth on Mr. O'Reilly's part. Especially this gem: "This has been going on for thousands of years, and it's all about land. The Muslims feel the ancient land of Palestine is their territory. But the Jews have chosen this place to make their stand."

Gee, I guess Jews are the heroic defenders of their homeland while Arabs are all evil land grabbers, is that right? I see no hint of PR there.

I'll be nice and throw O'Reilly a piece of meat and say that the Schroeder comment is pretty on point. Too bad he had to end it with this lovely bit of words: "Even though it is because of them that Israel had to be created in the first place. "

Cuz you know, the US and the UK had no hand in putting the state of Israel smack dab in the middle of Palestine.

He should be the one to talk about charades.

Originally posted by xpander

Mmmm, pure and clean cut, yes.

All that O'Reilly forgets to mention is the US practically building the Taliban to its height of power for the sake of fighting Russians. O'Reilly also forgot our lovely little ventures during the Iraq-Iran war where we supplied weapons to Iran. But I'm sure that was ok because it was all in the name of defending Israel. Oh, and I'm positive that O'Reilly conveniently left out the part where it was the US who had a major hand in dropping Israel dead smack in the middle of the Middle East in the first place. Of course, that was done for the safety of the Jews.

No spin on Mr. O'Reilly's part at all, no sir. Especially when he declared that the UN won't help Israel without so much as even glancing on the details of how that stance may have came to be.

Pure truth on Mr. O'Reilly's part. Especially this gem: "This has been going on for thousands of years, and it's all about land. The Muslims feel the ancient land of Palestine is their territory. But the Jews have chosen this place to make their stand."

Gee, I guess Jews are the heroic defenders of their homeland while Arabs are all evil land grabbers, is that right? I see no hint of PR there.

I'll be nice and throw O'Reilly a piece of meat and say that the Schroeder comment is pretty on point. Too bad he had to end it with this lovely bit of words: "Even though it is because of them that Israel had to be created in the first place. "

Cuz you know, the US and the UK had no hand in putting the state of Israel smack dab in the middle of Palestine.

He should be the one to talk about charades.

:clap:

nice argument, O'reilly is still the man though!,

The US had nothing against the Taliban until they refuse to give us Osamas ass. So we had to undo what we help built, yes that much is true. Alot of what you said is pretty much on point, but are we suppose to back track now? and if so how?....

Originally posted by dnice35

nice argument, O'reilly is still the man though!,

The US had nothing against the Taliban until they refuse to give us Osamas ass. So we had to undo what we help built, yes that much is true. Alot of what you said is pretty much on point, but are we suppose to back track now? and if so how?....

Thanks, I was hoping to elicit something intelligent from all this.

On the Taliban issue, I thought that the US stance on the issue was horribly masked. After all, it's pretty well known that the Taliban's policies went on for quite some time, and only after 9/11, did the government and our lovely first lady denounce the bad bad Taliban for their treatment of women and all them lovely shenenigans [sic]. Good to know they're on the ball ;) .

As for the US government and our darling causes. I'm really not proposing that we "backtrack". It's kind of impossible to just wipe out the past. But I think the US needs to build its credibility amongst the rest of the world and begin to apply diplomacy where needed. Rejecting Kyoto and the ICC, that little Axis of Evil thing...BAD. Actually criticizing Israel, working out that Middle East agreement, GOOD.

It is a very precarious situation out in the middle east right now, but then again, no one ever said international diplomacy is a walk in the park. For instance, I think it's a foolish idea for us to go to war with Iraq (cuz you know, we really finished the job over there in Afghanistan :half: ). Nothing like spreading our military all over the place to make sure we get the job done, eh? No matter how people'd like to justify it, we only have circumstantial evidence that Iraq's weapons program is up and running, not a smoking gun or anything even close to it. And overthrowing a regime? I can't help but notice that no one ever officially addressed exactly WTF we're going to do with that country after we get rid of Hussein, or the fact that no externally forced regime change ever created an improved government. But it's for these reason that international support must be gathered not for a war, but to keep the pressure up on Iraq and figure out how we can "resolve the situation".

Eh, mid-day rambling. Anyways, O'Reilly isn't anything impressive to me. He's charismatic, he's forceful, but his selling factor is more based on his delivery than anything else (THE TRUTH BE TOLD!!!*thunder*lightning*yeahwhateverbullshit*). It's entertaining to listen to, but not much else.