Ex's, broken hearts, & new starts

SPYGIRL3

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dgmodel

prolly the person you love...

(reminds me of a thing a heard a while back... "if everyones looking for love... why do we hurt the ones who help us find it???)

You hurt the ones you love, but.....It could be wrong, ......But, it could be right.....

i hear ya on that one... i hope it works out for you buddy... im kinda in a similar situation... but not sure what my feelings are... kind of torn between two evils... however... whever i have to choose between to evils... i usually go with the one i havent tried yet...

i hear ya on that one... i hope it works out for you buddy... im kinda in a similar situation... but not sure what my feelings are... kind of torn between two evils... however... whever i have to choose between to evils... i usually go with the one i havent tried yet...

The two evils are the worst part......:devil:

~~ i dunno for the MOST part i believe exes should stay exes....if i go out with someone i try to make it work no matter what so if we break up that means it really could not have been fixed......the weird thing is that im still friends with almost all my exes....one of my best friends is my ex who i went out with for 3.5 yrs.....the thing is he still wants me back no matter what but even tho he said he changed he really didnt.....i see the way he is with his new girlfriend and they are having the same issues that we did...she is lucky she has me to call and ask what does he mean when he says/does this....................the worst relationship to go back to is the long one.....in shot relationship if ppl break up it is b/c the timing is wrong or some other thing is off at the moment but if u break up from a long relationship that means that even though u grew together u ended up growing in different directions.............there are some exes whom i would give a second chance b/c we broke up b/c of stupid reasons like not being able to see each other enough b/c we were too busy at that time but most exes will always stay that way......ok ill stop rambling now hope it helped somehow:shades2:

Originally posted by sexxyh

~~ i dunno for the MOST part i believe exes should stay exes....if i go out with someone i try to make it work no matter what so if we break up that means it really could not have been fixed......the weird thing is that im still friends with almost all my exes....one of my best friends is my ex who i went out with for 3.5 yrs.....the thing is he still wants me back no matter what but even tho he said he changed he really didnt.....i see the way he is with his new girlfriend and they are having the same issues that we did...she is lucky she has me to call and ask what does he mean when he says/does this....................the worst relationship to go back to is the long one.....in shot relationship if ppl break up it is b/c the timing is wrong or some other thing is off at the moment but if u break up from a long relationship that means that even though u grew together u ended up growing in different directions.............there are some exes whom i would give a second chance b/c we broke up b/c of stupid reasons like not being able to see each other enough b/c we were too busy at that time but most exes will always stay that way......ok ill stop rambling now hope it helped somehow:shades2:

Sometimes it like taking a step back, b/c it's your past....But, that doesn't mean things and people aren't different. No matter how much someone changes, they still stay the same.... I like to think that I changed a lot as a person, but even though it's true, there are some qualties and things that will never change.......

Originally posted by greyskyy

I hope so. I went out with a girl for 7 years and it ended 3 years ago and I want her.

Friday night I was at Platinum and there she was. Now we broke up because I was in the ARMY. And It was even a good relationship till the end.

Now four weeks ago I took her to dinner for her birthday and things were very friendly, then Friday she acts like talking to me is a chore. I tried three things to her and then as she walked away from me the third time, told her that I had lost respect for her and she looked at me like I was crazy. Life is cruel. She went from being on a pedestal to whatever. Unfortunate.

Originally posted by greyskyy

Friday night I was at Platinum and there she was. Now we broke up because I was in the ARMY. And It was even a good relationship till the end.

Now four weeks ago I took her to dinner for her birthday and things were very friendly, then Friday she acts like talking to me is a chore. I tried three things to her and then as she walked away from me the third time, told her that I had lost respect for her and she looked at me like I was crazy. Life is cruel. She went from being on a pedestal to whatever. Unfortunate.

But, she doesn't know what she is missing.....!!!;) I have come to learn that when you know what you are missing, for every little detail and all the big ones, if you want it, you want it..... Disrepect should never be accepted, especially, if you mean something...:idea::D

XOXO"S Baby!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

So for anyone who cares, this is the "end" of the story. I went with it and realized that when someone means so much to you for what ever the reason may be, you make exceptions for them. But, within making that exception, you try not to comprise your true self. Then you are the one hurting yourself, by your own fault.

I went with it. I don't regret spending time with him and getting to know the "new" him. It's nice to know that somethings don't ever change, because they will always make you happy. Time does change people and it might take someone from your past to make/help you realize that you are different.

I got everything I wanted. I don't know what will happen, but I am glad that I took the chance. If I never took it, I would have never known what I was/wasn't missing. So for now, things are in the air, but ya know what, I am ok with that.

Thanks for all the advice :D

i guess it a bittersweet ending...

I guess you could say that. But it's so much sad or upsetting, the little things make all the difference. When you put all of the little things together, you get a better view of the big picture. Maybe like your vase, it needs to taken off the shelf and dusted and examined every once in while. It's still real and has purpose, but we sometimes forgot about things b/c we push them so far out of sight.

just becareful with thoughts of old relationships... i find from experience with others, that the more and more one reflects upon one particular relationship or person they tend to get "obsessed" (not in a bad way or a basic instinct type of way) in a way that it blinds them to see benefits in new prospects / relationships... and sometimes one develops this dismal patholigical thought process and gets fixated on this one individual that they wind up putting them on a pedestal or even making them a fantasy woman/man...you have to have an equal set of checks and balances... positive thoughts, negative thoughts and memories... eh does this make sense? i cant really articulate my thoughts on this right now, my heads a lil fucked up... but i hope you get the basic meaning...

I used to believe in the whole getting back with the ex thing. Now after I've done it, i have no idea what i was thinking. I guess I thought that whatever we had would come back stronger and we would be able to work through the problems we had. WRONG. It takes a lot for me to break up with someone, I believe in trying to work through whatever problems there are, even after we shouldnt try anymore. So after all the "It'll be better this time" I dont think its worth the effort in trying to be with the ex again if its more then a month after the initial breakup. You learn and you move on.

However, thats just me. I know some other people who have gotten back with their ex's and things are going good now. :tongue:

just becareful with thoughts of old relationships... i find from experience with others, that the more and more one reflects upon one particular relationship or person they tend to get "obsessed" (not in a bad way or a basic instinct type of way) in a way that it blinds them to see benefits in new prospects / relationships... and sometimes one develops this dismal patholigical thought process and gets fixated on this one individual that they wind up putting them on a pedestal or even making them a fantasy woman/man...you have to have an equal set of checks and balances... positive thoughts, negative thoughts and memories... eh does this make sense? i cant really articulate my thoughts on this right now, my heads a lil fucked up... but i hope you get the basic meaning...

I know exactly what you mean....I understand :D

:love::kiss2::heart: to DG

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

So for anyone who cares, this is the "end" of the story. I went with it and realized that when someone means so much to you for what ever the reason may be, you make exceptions for them. But, within making that exception, you try not to comprise your true self. Then you are the one hurting yourself, by your own fault.

I went with it. I don't regret spending time with him and getting to know the "new" him. It's nice to know that somethings don't ever change, because they will always make you happy. Time does change people and it might take someone from your past to make/help you realize that you are different.

I got everything I wanted. I don't know what will happen, but I am glad that I took the chance. If I never took it, I would have never known what I was/wasn't missing. So for now, things are in the air, but ya know what, I am ok with that.

Thanks for all the advice :D

good for you and much good luck...good for you again that you realize that either way, you took the chance and are better for it :)

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

I know exactly what you mean....I understand :D:love::kiss2::heart: to DG

hearts and love to you, youre living it, im just talking about it... i just hope a lil of this makes sense and gives you a lil insight and you dont make the same mistakes i did... (however i dont look at them as mistakes, i just look at them as learning experience and compass' to put me in the right direction... if that makes sense maybe Im just hopelessly optimistic or just blindly looking for love either way one of those or something i say should make sense)