Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJs, just wondering...

brickhouse

....has anyone here ever recorded a set and listened to it and thought it was perfect?

I sure as hell haven't and it's becoming frustrating. It's always fun to record the same set 5 times in a row and then want to do it again just because there's some inaudible fuckup, or the beat is slightly off for a measure somewhere, or the bass on a track is fuzzy. Either way, I always find that I'm never satisfied with the mix, just I end up getting too frustrated and giving up.

Anyway, just curious if everyone else feels this way, or if I'm just a shitty DJ...:laugh:

i've had a few but most of the time im to hard on myself and pick out every little thing. meanwhile when i give the same ones out everyone thinks there sick and says whered u fuck up i didnt notice anything. many times ill be 1/2 way thru a cd and just stop cause of one little slip up.

thats why most 'popular' or famous djs use computer programs when they spin or put out a cd. If you ever listen to the essential mix or anything like it on radio, pete tong always comes on IN-BETWEEN tracks.....hmm wonder why....maybe cause the person spinning isn't 'exactly' on point with their pitch fader or master tempo....hmmmm.....next time you listen to an essential mix or any 'live' set...make not of when the mc comes on...

they'll never be perfect, cuz we know every little thing thats going on...and if one f*in hi-hat drops the slightest beat, we can hear it.....so, no, the mixes we make won't be perfect to us.....

But!, and you guys prolly know what I'm talking about, when you actually do mix two songs together perfectly, in the exact way you wanted to, like 2 runners in a relay giving a perfect handoff.....man, thats f*in beautiful!