Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
t0nythelover

israel and america commercials?

whats with all the commercials talking about how israel and america are friends that love democracy? paid for by israeli groups, thats some propoganda i dont like, especially when people are foolishly trying to rush into a reasonless war in iraq. scary age were living in where people can buy influence on tv.

Originally posted by t0nythelover

whats with all the commercials talking about how israel and america are friends that love democracy? paid for by israeli groups, thats some propoganda i dont like, especially when people are foolishly trying to rush into a reasonless war in iraq. scary age were living in where people can buy influence on tv.

Are we not a Democracy? Do we not love Democracy?

america is not a democracy, nor is israel.

america is a capitalist oligarchy, enough said.

why do people pretend that it is otherwise..if it was, why do we only have two political groups, (yeah, i know there are others, but they have no chance in elections, etc) if this was a true democracy, those that do not want this war would be considered and their opinions welcomed.

Originally posted by sassa

america is not a democracy, nor is israel.

america is a capitalist oligarchy, enough said.

why do people pretend that it is otherwise..if it was, why do we only have two political groups, (yeah, i know there are others, but they have no chance in elections, etc) if this was a true democracy, those that do not want this war would be considered and their opinions welcomed.

Actually I think more people are in favor of war.

Originally posted by dnice35

Actually I think more people are in favor of war.

people who probably have no idea of history, politics, economics, and international relations.

anyone can support something, but it takes a certain person to see past the bullshit that politicians spin and understand what really is going on...

sassa, being anti war may be your opinion, and living in a representative democracy, you have a chance to display your opinions without being thrown in jail or persecuted. so yeah, i would call that a democracy. just because the majority dont share your sentiment, doesnt make the republic undemocratic. if there is a majority of people with your opinion, you senator would vote anti war, and not pro.remeber, corporations may give money to politicians, but ultimately, it is the people who decide who they will vote for. what israel commercials are you talking about? ive never seen one.

dnice-no the us is not a democracy, it is a democratic republic. that means we vote elected officials in. if it was a democracy we would have direct votes on every issue. and no we dont love democracy, just look at the percentage of americans that use their democratic right to vote, its less than 50 percent, that doesnt sound like love of democracy to me. in south africa people wait on line for days to vote, in the us it takes 20 minutes most to vote but people choose not to.

tribal- the commercials are on once in a while. they usually have and icon of the shape of israel superimposed over a waving american flag and they say something like israel and the united states are both democracies and friends or something. keep an eye out for em and tell me if u see them.

i dont know, it just seems like its propoganda to me, ive never seen any other country show commercials like that except for maybe tourism commercials but thats not political.

Originally posted by t0nythelover

where'd u see these commercials, tony?