Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Going to Korea...anyone been?

nycmia522

I need some help. I am moving to Korea in a few months and will be there for a year. Anyone know about the party scene over there, if there is one? After going up in MIA and living in NYC for the past 5 year, its going to be a hard change....

My friend & her husband live there part of the year. They moved there cuz he plays baseball in a Korean league. They say it sucks. After living in Miami most of their lives & she worked in a couple clubs ion the Beach & downtown, they are desparate to return. There are no good clubs. They get their music from the internet. Get a good computer & connection line and hope time flies.

My friend & her husband live there part of the year. They moved there cuz he plays baseball in a Korean league. They say it sucks. After living in Miami most of their lives & she worked in a couple clubs ion the Beach & downtown, they are desparate to return. There are no good clubs. They get their music from the internet. Get a good computer & connection line and hope time flies.

being korean myself, i wouldn't say that it would "suck" there. it would be hard to adjust to any new culture no matter where you are coming from. miami, especially south beach, is an entity of its own. and i can tell you, korea is a lot different from miami/sobe.

having an open mind and your willing to try new things will probably make it a hell of a lot easier for you to adjust. given, musically, you will not be hearing the same music you would in the states. korea has their bubblegum pop, their hip hop fused music and dance music etc. you don't have to like what you hear so having a computer and a decent connection will probably be worthwhile for you.

if you have a mindset to compare korea to nyc/miami you will be disappointed. no place is like miami or nyc but korea is a really nice place. you just need to have an open mind and try and enjoy your stay there. you will find many "american" things in korea but you just gotta remember, you are in korea, not miami or nyc :)

just my two cents...i'll be going to korea in the summer and i can't wait :)

:D :D :D

Originally posted by chunsa

being korean myself, i wouldn't say that it would "suck" there. it would be hard to adjust to any new culture no matter where you are coming from. miami, especially south beach, is an entity of its own. and i can tell you, korea is a lot different from miami/sobe.

having an open mind and your willing to try new things will probably make it a hell of a lot easier for you to adjust. given, musically, you will not be hearing the same music you would in the states. korea has their bubblegum pop, their hip hop fused music and dance music etc. you don't have to like what you hear so having a computer and a decent connection will probably be worthwhile for you.

if you have a mindset to compare korea to nyc/miami you will be disappointed. no place is like miami or korea but korea is a really nice place. you just need to have an open mind and try and enjoy your stay there. you will find many "american" things in korea but you just gotta remember, you are in korea, not miami or nyc :)

:aright:

Originally posted by chunsa

if you have a mindset to compare korea to nyc/miami you will be disappointed. no place is like miami or korea but korea is a really nice place. you just need to have an open mind and try and enjoy your stay there. you will find many "american" things in korea but you just gotta remember, you are in korea, not miami or nyc :)

ME LOVE U LONG TIME :D :D :biggrin: :biggrin:

Originally posted by nycmia522

I need some help. I am moving to Korea in a few months and will be there for a year. Anyone know about the party scene over there, if there is one? After going up in MIA and living in NYC for the past 5 year, its going to be a hard change....

plenty of koreans on the DC board..if you want some input you can ask over there also. my brother lived in korea for 2 years. besides always missing home he liked really liked it over there, and at least every korean i've met has always ended up becoming a good friend.