Clubplanet Nightlife Community

With these labels shutting down, how do we fix it..

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

At some point some one some where is gonna figure out how to effectively combine downloading with buying... Till then the music industry is in trouble. I'm not just talking club music, all types. Hers my problem, I downloaded the Top Gun sound track yesterday. Not lets say its the year 1987 and computers don't exist like they do today. Would I have bought the Top Gun sound track? Answer is no, I don't like it that much to buy it, yet I'd download it and listen to it. But if it was lets say 4 bucks, I might pick it up, but its at least 15 bucks. and last week the cd stores were found guilty of price fixing. I think Bruce Springsteen and Dave Mathews has figured it out, they just sound better live... DM made 56 million bucks on tour last year, #2 to Tina Turner. Barbra Strisan has a huge demand for her live shows. I thik artists are gonna have to be live guys that play small venues.. and not with 80 dollar tix either...

whats your 2 cents...

They've been ripping off consumers (and the artists) for long enough. They are going to have to bring down the prices of CDs which are overpriced and embrace the internet to somehow allow the purchase and download of songs otherwise you're right, they are in trouble. I still buy a lot of music but I also download my fair share as well. If I hear a CD or songs that I really like I'll buy them on Vinyl or CD because the sound quality is a lot better. But I'm kinda tired of paying $20 for CDs and seeing these record execs and stores get rich.

Originally posted by mindfaqd

lets be realistic.

hes being realistic, though there is alot more to it then just not leaking, all u people got spoiled the past few yrs with mp3s and cd burners. everyone is a dj now :laugh:, cause they can burn music . though you will never stop all these download sites,i do love it when they get shut down or atleast make them a payed site of some sort. i do think they should find a way to charge people for DL whether it be a track or an album. then distribute the $ amongst each other, but that wont happen for a long time if ever cause of lawyers and politics

when the record labels start being realistic with there prices, and start putting an full album out that is worth listening to....not just 2 or 3 songs on a disc....I will be glad to fork over $$$...and lets be realistic, we all know how cheap cd's r......$20....!!! give me a fukn break...let try something more realistic.....like what $10(even that I dunno) ...as for now fuk the RIAA...and there shit albums and artists....the artists need to make up the so called $$$ they been losing by working more live shows, instead of tour for a few months then sit and live the big life and do shit for a year...and we support them sitting on there ass , getting there spa treatments.....getting them there phat cars , with of course there fukn dubs...there mansion in cali...there loft apartment in nyc....

just the way I feel.....:D

I'm totally sick of hearing about the "suffering" artists and rec execs. It's not like I am sitting in my ivory tower and stealing their music. They have more than me. I feel terrible that singers and record label execs can only afford to buy one Lexus this year and that they might have to actually wait until they can afford a house in the hills, I really do.

UR BREAKIN MY FUKKIN HEART !!!!!!!:nopity:

Originally posted by mindfaqd

I'm totally sick of hearing about the "suffering" artists and rec execs. It's not like I am sitting in my ivory tower and stealing their music. They have more than me. I feel terrible that singers and record label execs can only afford to buy one Lexus this year and that they might have to actually wait until they can afford a house in the hills, I really do.

UR BREAKIN MY FUKKIN HEART !!!!!!!:nopity:

i agree but ur talkin about the mainstream artists, producers, execs. not the independent labels, artists and what not. the vast majority make shit and have day jobs.

Originally posted by wakeup

i agree but ur talkin about the mainstream artists, producers, execs. not the independent labels, artists and what not. the vast majority make shit and have day jobs.

ur right, up and comers are the ones that suffer. the only way to put a leash on this stuff will be to some kind of merger between the record labels and the pc users to charge a small fee for dling music. the labels don't have many alternatives. shutting down one site spurns the birth of 5 more.

message to labels- get with the program or get ripped off.

You mean i can now download music for free??

:peeright: stores that over-price :peeleft:

ChOOse WiseLy

attachment.php?postid=987028

"The beats, the sounds, the lights that are all around your head; they close around you and cut off your thoughts ... as if it was a transposition of your soul."

- - - - - - -

AiM: EcstasyRvr

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djmikebugout

mp3 technology is changing so get em while u can for free cuz soon ur gonna get charged for downloads---

i'm not sure where you get your info, but i read the tech articles every day. The two new formats are mp3pro and dvd audio. But with Apple and others competing to get people to buy their mp3 players, you can be sure nothing is changing for a long long long long time. However I was told by a producer that they are tagging their tracks to see where it leaks from. But none the less once it hits the market, the track is done.