Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vic - how was Miami?

malanee

Miami was good. I am currently extremely stressed out with work and that was on the top of my mind during the whole weekend.

Friday I missed my flight. Was supposed to leave work at 4:30 to metro to National but didnt get out until 5:30, plane left at 6:40, got the airport at 6:30.

Luckily got the next flight out. Got to MIA at 10:45. Joeygk picks me up and we immediately head to Crobar for Zabiela. Get there at 11:50 just in time to get in for free. Robbie Rivera is on the decks and playing some great tunes. I start my drinking for the night. Driks are weak at Crobar I must say. Had 2 long islands and they didnt do anything to me. Needless I had drank minimally since Buzz closed down. Then started mixing drinks with 2 more vodka carnberries. During that time I get no meet more of the MIA CP folks. Staceyg5, digital7, james954, got ot see the the local MIA CP lurker again. Wlked all over Crobar checking the p[lace out. Vibe is weid in there. Some people just stand around others, sit...weird I say.

Rivera again played some great tunes through the night. Zabiela goes on, and is on fire...unfortunately I continue my heavy drinking. Another Long Island, and a couple of gins & tonics. I starte getting my groove and really get into Zabiela's music. Kid is awesome...maybe thats just the style I'm more into these days (more of that later). Donta ask me trianspot 'cuz I'm terrible at it when I'm sober, even worse when I'm puking in the bathroom.

Ended up leaving around 4am...rather early needles to say. I really wanted to stay longer but the drinking was overkill. On the way to FtLauderdale, puked 2 more times....and when we get to Joey's place, I puke 1 more time. Immediately go to sleep like a baby.

But I had a great time on Friday...really enjoyed Zabiela's set but the drinking was to much and that really affected me for the follwong evening at Space for Danny Howells and of course my inability to enjoy myself with a clear head (those who know me know that I dont tend to bitch and complain alot, when I do its because shit is really hitting the fan, thats the way it has been for the past 2 weeks at work, and there lots of shit being thrown everywhere). My stopmach was a deep turmoil the rest of the weekend. Needless, the only things I ate while I was in Miami was protein shakes and chex mix.

I'll continue my review on another post.

Sounds like a crazy weekend! Sorry to hear about work. Work right now for me is so slow and boring, I could cry. I just know a week before I leave, they are going to be piling crazy shiznit on me! :mad:

So what sort of sound are into these days? Has it changed? I'm sort of bored right now - except for Zabiela.

I'm really digging Zabiela right now, 'cuz he plays it all...I'm getting more into techy-house these days...oh and techno....I'm starting to get a bit bored of straight up progressive, not that I dont like it, but I'm seeing that mixing it up w/ a li'l bit of everything is the way to go.

Maybe some epic trance here and there. :worry:

ivano bellini (the guy on my sig-tinybf, you might recall that when we left Space after DT set, he was the guy spinning outside on in the circui....I mean patio :worry: ) George Acosta, Pit Motsoeuw, and Tony Draper...u can never go wrong with them.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

u had me worried there for a min..thought i had forgotten to put "tribal" in my sentence :D

is this what you mean by "tribal"????

cj_13069.jpg

Originally posted by vicman

I'm really digging Zabiela right now, 'cuz he plays it all...I'm getting more into techy-house these days...oh and techno....I'm starting to get a bit bored of straight up progressive, not that I dont like it, but I'm seeing that mixing it up w/ a li'l bit of everything is the way to go.

Maybe some epic trance here and there. :worry:

i agree with vic. i'm getting quite bored with str8 progressive house. for the past 2 months ive been getting alot into progressive and nu-skool breaks. and of course ive always loved some deep minimal house to start off a set.

the protein shakes probably didn't help your tum-tum either, vic :( ; sometimes getting some solid food down there does the trick, especially starchy, breadlike kinds of whatnot :aright: .

and i'm into breaks these days, too, spinsaikel - highly underrated (can't dance to 'em, though :( ). but, then again, i'm into so much these days, which makes me happy :D . it's nice to be able to find something i like without having to look as hard as i used to.

Originally posted by weyes

the protein shakes probably didn't help your tum-tum either, vic :( ; sometimes getting some solid food down there does the trick, especially starchy, breadlike kinds of whatnot :aright: .

i think it was more the chex mix...i sea im staying off that stuff for a while...maybe until next weekend :tongue: