Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Highlights

luvle02

i don't know what's "in" as far as highlights and nor do i care!!!

you hair is one thing that SHOULD not be determined by trends...

1)go for what looks good on you, and what brings out your skin tone or eyes....

2)use preference for thin or chunky -- basically just think how drastic you want the color to look....

bottom line -- the more natural it looks, the better!!!!

Originally posted by mystify82281

i don't know what's "in" as far as highlights and nor do i care!!!

you hair is one thing that SHOULD not be determined by trends...

1)go for what looks good on you, and what brings out your skin tone or eyes....

2)use preference for thin or chunky -- basically just think how drastic you want the color to look....

bottom line -- the more natural it looks, the better!!!!

"Hair is one thing that should not be determined by trends"? You're funny. Well, I look good with curlie hair so maybe I'll just get a perm and tease my hair up to the ceiling. Since I souldn't go with what's in

In the summer I got very very blonde ones, but since the fall came around I just had my colorist dye my hair like a dark brown/auburnish ( one shade lighter than my natural color) with no highlights. I had it cut alittle ( alittle longer then shoudler length with face frame long layers) I just needed a change and a more sleekier, sexier look, I was blonde for too long. If your hair is dark, I would recommend a honey or auburnish color lowlights;)

hey if you wanna tease your hair then GO FOR IT --

LET ME JUST REMIND YOU -- THE THREAD WAS ABOUT HIGHLIGHTS, NOT STYLE --

SO AS I WAS SAYING, I think highlights and hair color should be determined by skin tone, eye color, etc....

~~AMEN!! hairstyles is one thing but when it comes to color it al depends on what u look good in......i dont care if green was the trendiest color of the season i still would not wear it b/c i dont like how i look in it...:shades2:

• 3 weeks later...

i think as a general rule highlights should be lighter in the warmer months and darker in the colder seasons.

during the summer, you're usually out in the sun more often which can naturally lighten your hair. lighter colored highlights in the warmer months mimic that. vice versa in winter

i had dark blond highlights put in my hair during late-spring. i'm about to go in again and get then darker

hey if you wanna tease your hair then GO FOR IT --

LET ME JUST REMIND YOU -- THE THREAD WAS ABOUT HIGHLIGHTS, NOT STYLE --

SO AS I WAS SAYING, I think highlights and hair color should be determined by skin tone, eye color, etc....

...you're absolutely correct....sure there are guidelines and trends...new fads....but that doesn't mean thye will work for u....color is something that needs to be adapted to fit the needs of each client........and first thing a stylist uses to determine the best color....is eye and skin tone.............

........just because string bikini's may be in this summer...doesn't mean a 300lb woman should throw one on...........;)