Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Syringe Rape Case: Stepfather Sentenced

sassa

Syringe Rape Case: Stepfather Sentenced

AKRON, Ohio, 5:32 p.m. EDT October 8, 2002 - A 41-year-old man convicted for impregnating his teenage stepdaughter with a syringe will spend the next 20 years in prison.

John Goff (pictured, left), 41, was sentenced Tuesday in Summit County Common Pleas Court. He was convicted in August of two counts of rape and sexual battery and one count of endangering children.

NewsChannel5's Jonathan Costen reported that before Goff received his sentence Tuesday, he went face to face with the people responsible for locking him up.

"I've had my only son taken from me with a lie," Goff said.

"We also have an issue of a child, a child (who) was a product of this aberration to fulfill your own desire to procreate, sir," Judge John Adams said.

Before his sentencing, Goff cited New Testament parables and scriptures about forgiveness.

He said he forgave the detective who worked on his case, the prosecutor and the judge who would ultimately send him to prison.

"Judge John R. Adams, I forgive you for tearing my life apart, for throwing my son and my wife away forever," Goff said.

The man later turned to his stepdaughter.

"I'll never have that little boy standing on the doorstep, waiting for me when I get home, ever again," he said. "You know what? (It's) the hardest thing in my life, (but) I forgive you."

The judge addressed Goff once again.

"You became not her father, sir, you became her abuser," Adams said. "I believe this girl was abused -- emotionally, physically, and ultimately, sexually. You can shake your head, (but) that's my belief, and I believe the abuse culminated in this case with a rape, sir."

Previously, the prosecutor said she was going to try to get the maximum sentence in the case, which was 35 years. The judge sentenced Goff to 20.

At Goff's August trial, it took a seven-man, five-woman jury took about three hours to come to a verdict.

Before the guilty verdict, the girl testified about years of alleged physical and emotional abuse at the hands of her stepfather.

The teen testified that when she was 15 years old, her parents approached her with the idea that she have a baby for her mother. The girl said no, but she said that her stepfather approached her a second time with a gun and threatened to kill her mother if she didn't comply.

After two inseminations, the teen gave birth to a baby boy in September 1999. She testified that as soon as she saw the baby's face, she was filled with hatred for the newborn because of what her stepfather had put her through.

The girl's mother, Narda Goff, 43, of Stow, was already convicted of helping to impregnate her daughter with a syringe. She was sentenced to three years in prison.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

This is fucking sick, and why did they only give the mother 3 years? they should have given her more for her roll in this. I think at this rate, by the year 2050 monkeys will be more civilized than we are :sarcasm: