Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Today Is National Coming Out Day

arieus

Just wanted to post that Friday (today) is National Coming Out Day. This day is to show all the closed minded people out there that there are gay/lesbian/bi/TRY sexuals all around them.

SO, if you are gay/lesbian/bi and there are people in your life that you haven't told yet...if you have tried it out...if you've THOUGHT about it...let someone know...even if it's yourself!

The fact is that most people who are down on it are just embarrassed because they may be interested in the same sex and are just trying to hide that fact from us by being assholes about it. After a while, they get used to being assholes about it and then bad things happen to good people...

It's 2002, what are you waiting for?

Originally posted by weyes

in conversation with a co-worker today, i found out that he thinks gay people are "sinners." a 20-year-old. i hate being disappointed in people :( .

that reminds me of a comment tanya from the real world chicago made about gay people... she said something about "lots of drugs and sin" being involved and i thought it was one of the most ignorant things i'd ever heard...:blank:

yeah i heard that comment from tonya.... it was extremely ignorant...

on the new road rules, darrell said something about how after the show, he wasn't going to be friends with shawn, because he "doesn't have gay friends".....

WHAT IS WITH THESE PEOPLE?

:mad:

it's ok i think to respect people and all, but when did it become ok to accept people who are obviously confused about themselves and make it ok?

i don't hate gay people (one of my best friends is a 29 year old gay guy), but still...there's a difference between being gay and being gay just for the hell of it..

i dunno....kudos to whoever actually made this day happen though...at least people can now be more aware...

connie chung i think will be talking to some people about this day tonight on cnn...

Originally posted by weyes

in conversation with a co-worker today, i found out that he thinks gay people are "sinners." a 20-year-old. i hate being disappointed in people :( .

According to Christianity the wages of homosexuality is death. Pretty much the bible says that if you are gay you should be killed. I don't think anyone should be killed, but I think modern media pushes gay too far, and sort of glamorizes it. I'm not gay, and I feel uncomfortable around gays. I've been raised in a small town (3500 people) where everyone is white and straight. I have a gay uncle who married, had kids, divorced when he was 40 something, and left her with the kids and no job, to persue an alternative lifestyle. Whatever...? I don't agree with people being gay, but I don't agree with divorce, drugs, premeritle sex, other religions and a lot of other things. You call it closed minded, I call it christianity, and a closeness with a being that other's have never experienced, so they dont have a reason to follow a religion like I do.

Denny

Originally posted by karkid

According to Christianity the wages of homosexuality is death. Pretty much the bible says that if you are gay you should be killed. I don't think anyone should be killed, but I think modern media pushes gay too far, and sort of glamorizes it. I'm not gay, and I feel uncomfortable around gays. I've been raised in a small town (3500 people) where everyone is white and straight. I have a gay uncle who married, had kids, divorced when he was 40 something, and left her with the kids and no job, to persue an alternative lifestyle. Whatever...? I don't agree with people being gay, but I don't agree with divorce, drugs, premeritle sex, other religions and a lot of other things. You call it closed minded, I call it christianity, and a closeness with a being that other's have never experienced, so they dont have a reason to follow a religion like I do.

Denny

first of all, you do not know that everyone in your town is straight. there's a lot of stuff that goes on behind closed doors that you don't know about, and i'm sure you're very glad that that's so.

it's unfortunate that your uncle was in denial or was so out of touch with himself for so long that he forced himself to live an act of a life - something untrue to who he really is. everyone lost out in that situation, not just your aunt and cousins, but your uncle, too. his life has not been a bowl of cherries, and you don't have to believe me on that, you can just ask him.

and i still don't see why anyone should be condemned to death or eternal hellfire simply for loving someone else.