Clubplanet Nightlife Community

favorite track of the year?

mindfaqd

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by dznyc

What kind of music do you people listen to?????

2002 has been one of if not the best year for music.

music blows this year.....

no summer anthem, no great vocals, no nothing that will stick around for a long time... Hoever I still love the moony dove tracks, I just can't remember when they came out!....

It's a little early, but here it is so far...

1. Objects - Lobster Boy/ I-B

2. Jammin - Hello (although it's already getting worn out)

3. Ed Solo + Skool of Thought - Loud Noise/Feel the Music

4. Raw as Funk - Punks

5. Scissorkicks - Delamere

6. Care in the Community - Dub Ting

7. AKA - Mash Up/Back Into Time

8. Adam B + Sims - Horror Story

9. Ed Case f/ Skin - Good Times (Syphon Mix/Original Mix)

10. Starfire - Universal Static System/Freq Out

p.s., while the year may have sucked ass for house, it's been a damn good year for breaks. Pretty weak for UK Garage (as is evidenced by the fact that there's only one straight up garage tune in my top 10 for the year so far....)

Also, for people who are saying this year sucks, I'd like everyone to take a look back at how much they were raving over Dark Beat, Trippin, and Shiny Disco Balls earlier in the year. Unfortunately, since there weren't many great tunes, those ones got massively played out and now nobody wants to like them because they're too popular (or just plain overplayed)....

dznyc- you wanna know why those songs got played out? b/c there wasn't anything else to play.. I still don't think Dark beat is a good song at all.. but anyway..

there just wasn't any song that you anticipated hearing.. I can remember going out and just waiting for that one song to come on.. not this yr..

Originally posted by bdanto4

dznyc- you wanna know why those songs got played out? b/c there wasn't anything else to play.. I still don't think Dark beat is a good song at all.. but anyway..

there just wasn't any song that you anticipated hearing.. I can remember going out and just waiting for that one song to come on.. not this yr..

Question for ya, what clubs do you go to???

Guest saleen351

Dino the majority of club whores and music whores such as my self are getting older, and as I get older I like less and less of the music. The baby boomers of clubbing are retiring and getting married and having kids, they are not getting cracked out till 5am any more.. And the younger kids are not filling the void. Face it, clubs suck, and music sucks.. Give me Temps in 1997 and I can be happy again. Call it cheese, call it guido music, but man, those were fun times. And the music was just the best. Now everyone calls 90% of tracks cheese.. Give me cheese or give me death! Some times I find my self so enraged with the music I forget to have fun...

See you at Space!

Originally posted by saleen351

Dino the majority of club whores and music whores such as my self are getting older, and as I get older I like less and less of the music. The baby boomers of clubbing are retiring and getting married and having kids, they are not getting cracked out till 5am any more.. And the younger kids are not filling the void. Face it, clubs suck, and music sucks.. Give me Temps in 1997 and I can be happy again. Call it cheese, call it guido music, but man, those were fun times. And the music was just the best. Now everyone calls 90% of tracks cheese.. Give me cheese or give me death! Some times I find my self so enraged with the music I forget to have fun...

See you at Space!

Music will always evolve, and the fact of the matter is that, whether it's Cat Stevens turning Muslim and singing uplifting songs, or house music evolving into something more repetative and less uplifting, it will always change and disappoint the fans of the previous few years. Personally, I was initially disappointed when Altrock tunred into grunge, and whe grunge turned into power pop, but after a while I got to appreciate those changes and actually got to liking the modifications better than the original. No matter what, the music will, by popular selection, update itself to whatever the buying market (i.e. 14 to 18 year olds) is, but at least half of the time it will end up being positive changes, even if it doesn't seem so at first. In any case, I'm really glad that the Pixies led to Nirvana who led to Weezer....no matter what, there needed to be that evolution to get the new music, and while the music right this second might suck, the stuff that's the progeny of this newer style will be, in about 6 months or so, good enough that people will be happy that this transitional period occurred to make the music even better than it was before.

Ciao, and have fun in six months - Brick

p.s., some people can't get past what was before, and there's no problem with that, but if you aren't able to find SOMETHING in the music that you like, you'll just be perennially dissapointed....

*Circus Night - Amazonia

*Erick E & Matthew Dekay - This Catagory

*Sultan & Stephani Vezina - Sagres

*Afrochrome - Head Affect (Gentle's Dirty 131 mix)

*Shauna Solomon - I Wanna Be (Ricky Montanari & Stefano Greppi Vocal mix)

*Solo - Cocaine (Katakana's Diesel Wash dub)

-Cruise

Originally posted by saleen351

See you at Space!

bro you speak as if music revolved around your life only..........more like YOU are getting older, retiring and having kids..........and YOU will be happy at Tempts in '97..........

younger people today are having the exact same feeling you had at Tempts in '97..........just with different music and at a different place..........think about it, in '97 there was probably some older clubbers at Tempts saying how bad it sucks and that it's nothing like Limelight used to be in '94 (use your imagination).

and most of this has nothing to do with the quality of the music, it has to do with people falling out of the scene...........and let's face it, most people claim they love the music but really they love everything that surrounds it as well: people, drinks, drugs, sex, etc............when they settle out of those things, they denounce the music too.........it's bullshit.

even when I fall out of clubbing, I'll still be listening to the beats..........;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by tyco

bro you speak as if music revolved around your life only..........more like YOU are getting older, retiring and having kids..........and YOU will be happy at Tempts in '97..........

younger people today are having the exact same feeling you had at Tempts in '97..........just with different music and at a different place..........think about it, in '97 there was probably some older clubbers at Tempts saying how bad it sucks and that it's nothing like Limelight used to be in '94 (use your imagination).

and most of this has nothing to do with the quality of the music, it has to do with people falling out of the scene...........and let's face it, most people claim they love the music but really they love everything that surrounds it as well: people, drinks, drugs, sex, etc............when they settle out of those things, they denounce the music too.........it's bullshit.

even when I fall out of clubbing, I'll still be listening to the beats..........;)

i can't attest how good the clubs were in 94, but look around, the younger kids are not comming out. My younger friends have no desire to go see a top dj nor do they care. Things use to be all about clubs back then, you had to buy a new shirt every friday just to go out, but now club after club is closing and music is blah at best. Nothing stands out. And I completely understand what you are saying, its called ego centric, basically looking at things from your own perspective, but I firmly belive that the younger generations do not want to go to clubs like we did. Clubs are starving, djs are in the unemployment line, cds are pulled off of shelves, so if people like tranza and dino say the music is so great, then why is the industry in trouble? AG is gone and getting tracks are soooooooooooooo much harder then it was 2 years ago.

if you have the best line up, you should get to the world series every year. When you don't you have to ask why? Maybe they are really not that good? Same with music, someone needs to figure out why things are so bad.... yet they claim the beats are so good.

:confused:

ps I haven't seen you in a while, hows the job going?