Clubplanet Nightlife Community

favorite track of the year?

mindfaqd

Originally posted by saleen351

i can't attest how good the clubs were in 94, but look around, the younger kids are not comming out. My younger friends have no desire to go see a top dj nor do they care. Things use to be all about clubs back then, you had to buy a new shirt every friday just to go out, but now club after club is closing and music is blah at best. Nothing stands out. And I completely understand what you are saying, its called ego centric, basically looking at things from your own perspective, but I firmly belive that the younger generations do not want to go to clubs like we did. Clubs are starving, djs are in the unemployment line, cds are pulled off of shelves, so if people like tranza and dino say the music is so great, then why is the industry in trouble? AG is gone and getting tracks are soooooooooooooo much harder then it was 2 years ago.

if you have the best line up, you should get to the world series every year. When you don't you have to ask why? Maybe they are really not that good? Same with music, someone needs to figure out why things are so bad.... yet they claim the beats are so good.

:confused:

ps I haven't seen you in a while, hows the job going?

job's going well bro..........thanks for asking.........it seems Miami is treating you pretty well ;)

as for what you said, I see where you come..........the way I see it, this genre of music is evolving and growing so quickly that it's unstable.........there's so many clubs and so much music that it's not easy to pack the clubs or sell the music........especially with technology allowing people to get it online so easily..........and with electronic music becoming easier and easier to produce, tracks go down in value..........not to mention, this breeds a shitload of half-ass "producers" who throw some shit together and end up getting a record deal............then the shit never sells.......and now that there are

as for the industry being in trouble..........I think it's just in a valley right now............things will come together once everything catches up to speed..........popularity for the music has overcome all else...........these days, everyone is a DJ and with so many, there's so many without gigs...........supply/demand..........soon enough, only the big dogs will prevail...........kinda like the .coms in the 90s...........in 94' you probably had a dance section in Sam Goody of 100 cds total...........now you have entire section filled with thousands of mix compilations, etc.........that shows it's gona somewhere and it's not just gonna stop...........it's just gonna keep turning in different directions till it settles...........

Originally posted by saleen351

i can't attest how good the clubs were in 94, but look around, the younger kids are not comming out.

I can attest to it. It was amazing and just got better until around 99 or 00 when it started to go downhill. now I won't even bother to go out to the clubs. same shit every week, no big anthems to speak of and no real excitement.

and tyco.............I still am listening to the beats.........shit just doesnt compare. :blown:

Originally posted by mindfaqd

I can attest to it. It was amazing and just got better until around 99 or 00 when it started to go downhill. now I won't even bother to go out to the clubs. same shit every week, no big anthems to speak of and no real excitement.

and tyco.............I still am listening to the beats.........shit just doesnt compare. :blown:

this isnt a knock but all the so called anthems and jams from 97-99 that most say they miss was nothing but "big room" synth/buildup tracks that got people excited/amped (dont get me wrong i liked many myself). the music has evolved not just a synth hook to get everyone amped for the most part anymore. there has been alot of quality shit this yr. just no guido pumpin cheese tracks per say this yr that most love on here there is much more to it but oh well

wakeup I think its like beating a dead horse.....some people just dont get it.....

mindfaqd.....you havent been out since june..or july ..and dont tell me its cuz the music sux....its cuz u got a g/f....and all of a sudden like most of the people that leave the scene......"going out sux" all of a sudden....you have to go out to say the clubs suk...or the music suks..... :idea:

PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeZe.....!

One of my favorite tracks of the year is Dark Beat... and I dont give a f' what you say about it. The track fills floors from Sound Factory to South Beach, it makes people get up and dance. But you haven't heard it until you've heard it at Space! Oscar G. was droppin' bangin tribal beats all morning. Listen up for Murk - Circles!

But the best track production this year goes to... Jonathan Peters, Reina - Epic (No Ones Gonna Change You). The arrangement on this track is absolutely sick, another vocal masterpiece from Jonathan.

Still love it everytime I hear it, Res - They Say Vision (Robbie Rivera Vocal Mix)

Originally posted by mangledx

wakeup I think its like beating a dead horse.....some people just dont get it.....

mindfaqd.....you havent been out since june..or july ..and dont tell me its cuz the music sux....its cuz u got a g/f....and all of a sudden like most of the people that leave the scene......"going out sux" all of a sudden....you have to go out to say the clubs suk...or the music suks..... :idea:

PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeZe.....!

CPI sukked long b4 I left and u know it dude. Where am I gonna go? Cyberia? I was bored w/ that by 2000 just like u. and Spin? u know I got issues w/ that place. otherwise I have to collect a crew and hit the city. Even that gets old. I don't go out cuz it aint worth goin out.

U blame an awful lot on the girlfriend dude, when I told u that I wasn't gonna be out every weekend b4 the summer even started. Don't blame her, it's me.

And I didn't say the music completely sukked this year, there were bright spots, it just wasn't one of the better years for music IMO.

I think this year was pretty descent for trance, but house was just eh.......Hopefully it'll pick up before '03

Fischerspooner-Emerge (take your pic of any mix)

Laid-No More Games (Rivera) cant get tired of this track, ever

Reina-No One's Gonna Change You (Jonathan Peters)

Way Out West-Mindcircus (Gab and Dres)

Originally posted by dznyc

2002 has been one of the best years for music. I'll take hundreds of solid productions and no anthems over 10 big cheese tracks a year. Sorry but some of you people need to get a real fucking clue.

werd...........

catchy is not always quality

there's a ton of tracks that have packed dancefloors but aren't necessarily good productions..........they just have a hook and people like to hear something familiar.

Originally posted by dznyc

2002 has been one of the best years for music. I'll take hundreds of solid productions and no anthems over 10 big cheese tracks a year. Sorry but some of you people need to get a real fucking clue.

ok so then what makes for a good track in ur oppinion? just becuz something was produced and made well doesn't make it a good track. Who cares if it was produced well if it isn't memorable?

Originally posted by mindfaqd

ok so then what makes for a good track in ur oppinion? just becuz something was produced and made well doesn't make it a good track. Who cares if it was produced well if it isn't memorable?

I agree...........at the same time though, for something to be considered a great track, it MUST have solid production..........some dude pressing keys on his synth and putting a bass kick behind it don't make for a great track........even if it graces dancefloors all across the land and is memorable (Derb, Sandstorm, <insert other cheese anthems here>)..........notice you have never heard anything from these producers since these tracks died............one hit wonders with not much producing skills.........just hit a few lucky keys..........

any great track has good production behind it

Originally posted by avalondon3

Going Thru It.

So what if its cheese or played out. It still gets me amped!:D

i so dont get what everyone loves about this song. all i remember is everyone sayin wait till u hear goin thru it when u make a ret urn to sf. i finally hear it,i think at the toy drive and im like this is the big slammin track?. maybe cause its the track for all the newbies in sf now, compared to when i went every sat in 97-mid 2001

Originally posted by wakeup

i so dont get what everyone loves about this song. all i remember is everyone sayin wait till u hear goin thru it when u make a ret urn to sf. i finally hear it,i think at the toy drive and im like this is the big slammin track?. maybe cause its the track for all the newbies in sf now, compared to when i went every sat in 97-mid 2001

:otopic:

If the Factory burned down, I'd throw a party to celebrate! And I'd play the acapella to "Burning Down The House" over the Going Through It Keys mix (the one without the bassline)