Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Brett Favre...?

thehype

I'd like everyone's opinion on this man.

I can recall over the summer that Mike Lupica called him OverRated. I thought that was BULLSHIT!! I think Favre is the best player in the game rite now. The guy can turn nothing into something when is out there on the field. As far as i am Concered, the whole Strahan thing was no big deal. The Giants had nuttin to play for in that game.

Just want some opinions on the guy

Guest saleen351

1. joe montana

2. brett farve...

3. Dan Marino

4. John Elway

5. Troy Aikman

6. Steve Young

greatest qbs i've seen play live...

honorable mention

Jim Kelly

As far as physical talent goes, Favre is far from the best player in the game right now. Everything considered, he MIGHT make the top 5, but is probably about the 7th or 8th best player in the NFL at the moment. However, he definately has the best football knowledge out of anyone in the game right now. At the moment, he's kinda similar to when Wayne Gretzky was playing for the Rangers - you knew he had better knowhow that anyone else on the ice, but his age couldn't physically let him dominate. Favre is similar, and probably a little more physically talented than what I mentioned at this point, but he's 3 or 4 years removed from being the best player in the NFL. The smarts are great, and there's no way to replace that, but if Favre and Manning (or McNabb or even Culpepper) were playing with the same running backs behind the same offensive line, I doubt that I'd choose Favre....

Originally posted by brickhouse

As far as physical talent goes, Favre is far from the best player in the game right now. Everything considered, he MIGHT make the top 5, but is probably about the 7th or 8th best player in the NFL at the moment. However, he definately has the best football knowledge out of anyone in the game right now. At the moment, he's kinda similar to when Wayne Gretzky was playing for the Rangers - you knew he had better knowhow that anyone else on the ice, but his age couldn't physically let him dominate. Favre is similar, and probably a little more physically talented than what I mentioned at this point, but he's 3 or 4 years removed from being the best player in the NFL. The smarts are great, and there's no way to replace that, but if Favre and Manning (or McNabb or even Culpepper) were playing with the same running backs behind the same offensive line, I doubt that I'd choose Favre....

The guy is the best offensive player in the game right now hands down. With the exception of Bubba Franks and Ahman Green he doesn’t have a standout WR and Terry Glenn is far from a standout WR and look at the numbers he is putting up. He has the best arm in league no matter what his age and physical talent doesn’t necessarily make you the best player in the league. Look at Randy Moss nobody has more physical talent than him and he has sucked last year and so far this year.