Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JAMES LAVELLE GU#023 BARCELONA out tomorrow: 10/15

mrfeeling

JAMES LAVELLE GU#023 BARCELONA out tomorrow: 10/15

By all accounts, this is one of the best sets in the GU series. Mr. Lavelle is a DJ with pure class. GU has once again stretched the boundaries of the scene and taken and applaudable risk . This is not a set built for trainspotting and/or music elitism...it's one based simply on a great DJ's interpretation of great music.

btw...wicked Ian Brown and Doves UNKLE re-mixes end each disc.

Report this post

as my original post said: this is not a set for trainspotting and/or music elitism, it's simply a great DJs interpretation of great music.

Why not celebrate the scene and all that it has to offer to those that might not be as lucky as you to have access the most "up-front" 12"s on the market.

at the end of the day, the reality is that (and if you read any of the interviews that James has given on the album you will see this) James is not one of those "oh this track was on so and sos comp. so I can't use it" or "Im only going to put on the most obscure records out there". He is about showcasing what he was feeling at the moment and what he might present on any given night at Fabric and I think that he does a mighty fine job.