Clubplanet Nightlife Community

jobs

atomicapples

It really depends on his current financial situation.

If he takes the job, yes, he'll have a paycheck, but that will cut into his time of researching newspapers, print, media, and internet for a job closer to what he had previously.

On the other hand, unless there's substantial savings in the bank and the market, he'll probably end up starving. In this case, taking the job would be the better choice.

Is the new job similar to the previous job? Is there opportunity for growth, rapid or not, and how long will it take for the person ro return to previous financial levels?

These are all questions posed to me when I was a headhunter/recruiter, just passing along some info for ya.

You know I just got my degree in finance last December and been going on interviews at least a couple times a month for the last 8 months and nothing has given. Heck, I went on 3 in 2 days last week. Went to a job fair Monday. But only in the week have I grown frustrated. I mean am a nice guy easy going but I know my sh**. But today I got an email from the career center saying that a bank has declined me for an interview (one that I actually wanted)and it actually ticked me off for the first time :mad: . I've ticked off that someone who only has seen my resume can do that. I understand that they can only interview so many people and I rather know the before anyones time is wasted. But I look back at the 2 out of the 3 interviews I had last and I want to know how I did. Let me know within a week not the 2 the interviewer say cause her hiring manager is on vaction. I'm tired of feeling like these people are controlling my fate but in way they do cause this being a waiter thing has grown old. :flame: Makes me want to join the armed forces for a job.

Sorry all, I just needed to vent.

Originally posted by uscuba22000

You know I just got my degree in finance last December and been going on interviews at least a couple times a month for the last 8 months and nothing has given. Heck, I went on 3 in 2 days last week. Went to a job fair Monday. But only in the week have I grown frustrated. I mean am a nice guy easy going but I know my sh**. But today I got an email from the career center saying that a bank has declined me for an interview (one that I actually wanted)and it actually ticked me off for the first time :mad: . I've ticked off that someone who only has seen my resume can do that. I understand that they can only interview so many people and I rather know the before anyones time is wasted. But I look back at the 2 out of the 3 interviews I had last and I want to know how I did. Let me know within a week not the 2 the interviewer say cause her hiring manager is on vaction. I'm tired of feeling like these people are controlling my fate but in way they do cause this being a waiter thing has grown old. :flame: Makes me want to join the armed forces for a job.

DO you send a follow up letter or a phone call?

Originally posted by uscuba22000

yeah perns is right.. if you didnt send a letter saying thank you for their time and consideration type bs they will probably hire the person who did. i know it sounds stupid but shit like that looks really good. my supervisor said she chose me over the other people because i sent a thank you letter. better to send one in the mail the day you had the interview then email too.

here try this for next time..............

October 9, 2001

Mr. Henry Johnson

President

XYZ Electronics, Inc.

1234 Mesa Road

San Diego, California 92121

Dear Mr. Johnson:

I want to express my appreciation for the time and consideration you extended to me during our interview/meeting on Monday, January 11.

I am enthusiastic about XYZ Electronics and want you to know that my interest continues to be very high. I feel that my qualifications match your requirements for the engineering position.

Important strengths we discussed include:

Ability to implement quality programs.

Knowledge and understanding of current quality practices.

Commitment to teamwork, empowerment, and training.

I hope I was able to convey my philosophy and the role I believe quality must play in the company's goals.

Thank you for considering me for this position. I am excited about the opportunity and would love to work with your team of professionals as quality engineer. If you have additional questions, please call me. I look forward to a positive response and our next meeting.

Sincerely,

William Smith

Contents of Thank You Letter

Introduction

Thank the interviewer for his/her time and consideration.

Refer to the position you applied for and the interview date.

Middle Paragraph(s)

Confirm your interest.

Restate why you are qualified for the position.

Mention something about the interviewer or company that impressed you. Refer to a subject you talked about. You can also use a postscript to do this.

Offer to provide additional information, if needed.

Closing

Ask for a follow-up interview.

Give availability date, or mention something that will warrant a response.

GOOD LUCK

Originally posted by somebitch

yeah perns is right.. if you didnt send a letter saying thank you for their time and consideration type bs they will probably hire the person who did. i know it sounds stupid but shit like that looks really good. my supervisor said she chose me over the other people because i sent a thank you letter. better to send one in the mail the day you had the interview then email too.

Actually, I do send a thank you letter after an interview. Even try to put a little personal touch in. Granted a thank you letter may not go out the same day but with in 36 hours.