Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: CarBuffs

joeg

what are good places to look for parts? in particular, seats?

doesn't matter what car... just in general...

i've been to:

ebay

thepartstrader

dsmtrader

xcars

corvetteforum

supraforum

dsmtalk

dsmtuner

so far, i haven't found what i want, or if i have, its been way outa my pricerange...

yeah, i saw them... they're not bad... but for the money i'm gonna spend on that, i could just buy some leather racing seats...

i went to a local shop today, and they quoted me like $1000-$1500... so F that...

Basically... I want some really comfortable, yet sporty (ie. keeps you in place on 100mph turns) seats for a reasonable price...

from looking around and stuff... i have my eye on 3 (well, 2 reasonably) things...

1) Dodge Viper Seats (I think theres no chance in hell of finding any in tan, and even if i did, they'd probably be WAY too much money, but they're nice as hell, so i'm keepin my eyes open)

2) C5 vette sport seats (i've seen a few of these in tan for decent prices... most likely what i'm going to end up with)

3) Mkiv Supra seats (basically the same price as vette seats, and i like the vette seats A LOT more)

what makes this difficult is 2 things... 1) it has to be Tan leather... & 2) it has to be reasonably priced...

apparently no one has/likes tan interiors... go figure... everyone has grey/black...

I hit the boneyard today, I found 2 good condition, mitsubishi eclipse leather seats in oak (almost tan), in a really old honda crx (props to the guy for the custom mounting brackets)...

took me 2 hours of climbing through and around vehicle corpses... the place is like a fucking acre of destruction...

$45 each, lol...

they're worth like $350

i'm hoping the oak goes ok with my interior... otherwise i'll sell em, make a profit, and use the money towards some C5 seats...