Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone recently buy Intel shares?

* Intel will report its Q3 results on Tues. Oct. 15 after

the market close. We are comfortable with our Q3 forecast

of $0.12 on revenues of $6.44 billion (up 2% qoq), though

our units may be slightly low and our average prices high.

* Our market surveys suggest the company's mix is trending

toward slightly lower prices, while increasing capacity is

probably weighing down on utilization rates. As a result,

average prices and margins could be lower than we earlier

forecast for Q4 and the first half of 2003.

* Owing to slightly lower pricing and lower gross margins,

we are cutting our Q4 EPS from $0.16 to $0.14, 2002 from

$0.53 to $0.51, and 2003 from $0.79 to $0.70.

* We are also cutting our price target from $25 to $20, 29x

our new '03 EPS.

* We maintain a Marketweight rating on the Semiconductor

sector.

unless they blow away the #'s, INTC will trade sideways for a long time

Originally posted by pipdaddy

* Intel will report its Q3 results on Tues. Oct. 15 after

the market close. We are comfortable with our Q3 forecast

of $0.12 on revenues of $6.44 billion (up 2% qoq), though

our units may be slightly low and our average prices high.

* Our market surveys suggest the company's mix is trending

toward slightly lower prices, while increasing capacity is

probably weighing down on utilization rates. As a result,

average prices and margins could be lower than we earlier

forecast for Q4 and the first half of 2003.

* Owing to slightly lower pricing and lower gross margins,

we are cutting our Q4 EPS from $0.16 to $0.14, 2002 from

$0.53 to $0.51, and 2003 from $0.79 to $0.70.

* We are also cutting our price target from $25 to $20, 29x

our new '03 EPS.

* We maintain a Marketweight rating on the Semiconductor

sector.

unless they blow away the #'s, INTC will trade sideways for a long time

Then why is it up to 16.50? I bought it at 13. I dont give a shit i buy whatever stocks my dog tells me to buy.

MO MONEY MO MONEY IM GETTEN PAID NIGGA IM GOING TO GET THE BLING BLING NIGGA

too bad for you they missed their number.....trading DOWN in after market trading......make sure you cover yourself on the downside.....gonna open tomorrow DOWN DOWN DOWN...sorry dude. unless you bought in QUANTITY, you shoulda taken your profit today and ran....

too bad for you they missed their number.....trading DOWN in after market trading......make sure you cover yourself on the downside.....gonna open tomorrow DOWN DOWN DOWN...sorry dude. unless you bought in QUANTITY, you shoulda taken your profit today and ran....

pip...hows ISSX trading after hours?

Originally posted by carusomaas12

switch to JDSU ;)

IRONIC that you would ask abotu ISSX....a company that PROVIDES SECURITY MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS

WHICH CAN PROTECT DISTRIBUTED

COMPUTING ENVIRONMENTS FROM ATTACKS,

MISUSE AND SECURITY POLICY VIOLATIONS,

WHILE ENSURING CONFIDENTIALITY,

PRIVACY, INTEGRITY AND AVAILABILITY OF

PROPRIETARY INFORMATION.

hmmmmm.

JDSU is a POS. like putting lipstick on a pig

IRONIC that you would ask abotu ISSX....a company that PROVIDES SECURITY MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS

WHICH CAN PROTECT DISTRIBUTED

COMPUTING ENVIRONMENTS FROM ATTACKS,

MISUSE AND SECURITY POLICY VIOLATIONS,

WHILE ENSURING CONFIDENTIALITY,

PRIVACY, INTEGRITY AND AVAILABILITY OF

PROPRIETARY INFORMATION.

hmmmmm.

JDSU is a POS. like putting lipstick on a pig

What is a POS?

And yes that is Ironic....but I've had that sucker for about a month or so, so its MORE ironic that all that happened

As a TRADER I think that it is funny when people buy equities...you have to understand that the risks asscoiated with a purchase outweigh the benefits...

I am a Profesional Equity Trader...I am not taxed on Capital Gains because this is my business...Providing liquidity while profiting off of interday moves......

#1. YOU WILL BE TAXED HEAVILY IF YOU DO NOT HOLD FOR OVER A YEAR......

#2. Commissions on your SMALL size probably smaller than 1,000 share lots....will add up so fast that it is not even worth it......

#3. You will be buying at the MARKET...unless you have a clue and are using an ECN or Sales TRader to work your order(which I highly doubt)....Buying at the market means you are getting fucked.....

#4. We are still in a Bear MArket....this is a false rally ....people covering lots of shorts and driving prices higher.....THERE ARE NO REAL BUYERS out there......We are on the brink of war....CORPORATE FRAUD.....we have terrorist threats.....Argentina defaults on Debt.....Interest Rates are not sparking the economy....Unemployment is higher.....Our steal industry is desolving.....JAPAN's economy does not exist....We had a huge labor strike last week....Where is Osama?...Crazy sniper in DC area.......All of these things = BEAR MARKET....We will move lower...if you purchase stocks now...try to hold for the long haul......always have a traget where you want to get out....RISK TOLERANCE.......My advice...is to invest in ETFs Exchange TRaded Funds that Track the broader market like.......QQQ= Nasdaq 100 or the SPY= S& P tracking stock.........these offer diversification while at the same time capturing the best stocks in each sector and since they are weighted.....any bad news in one sector will not have a massive impact like the news on one company would have on that individual stock..............

Originally posted by NJstacked

As a TRADER I think that it is funny when people buy equities...you have to understand that the risks asscoiated with a purchase outweigh the benefits...

I am a Profesional Equity Trader...I am not taxed on Capital Gains because this is my business...Providing liquidity while profiting off of interday moves......

#2. Commissions on your SMALL size probably smaller than 1,000 share lots....will add up so fast that it is not even worth it......

#3. You will be buying at the MARKET...unless you have a clue and are using an ECN or Sales TRader to work your order(which I highly doubt)....Buying at the market means you are getting fucked.....

#4. We are still in a Bear MArket....this is a false rally ....people covering lots of shorts and driving prices higher.....THERE ARE NO REAL BUYERS out there......We are on the brink of war....CORPORATE FRAUD.....we have terrorist threats.....Argentina defaults on Debt.....Interest Rates are not sparking the economy....Unemployment is higher.....Our steal industry is desolving.....JAPAN's economy does not exist....We had a huge labor strike last week....Where is Osama?...Crazy sniper in DC area.......All of these things = BEAR MARKET....We will move lower...if you purchase stocks now...try to hold for the long haul......always have a traget where you want to get out....RISK TOLERANCE.......My advice...is to invest in ETFs Exchange TRaded Funds that Track the broader market like.......QQQ= Nasdaq 100 or the SPY= S& P tracking stock.........these offer diversification while at the same time capturing the best stocks in each sector and since they are weighted.....any bad news in one sector will not have a massive impact like the news on one company would have on that individual stock..............

well said....its all about the i-shares, no reason to try and beat the market when you can buy the ETF's and BE the market

not if you have a loss from previous years to offset your gains ;)

As for buying equities individually...yes risk is high...but benefit can be high as well. EFT's are less risky..but the chance of a significant gain in the short term is extremely low. I'm willing to risk 25% of my net worth now to make some significant gains...or even to just make some extra loot for the weekend. When i'm older and have a wife and kids, i will be more risk averse but while I'm young and not married, this is the time to live a little on the riskier side. The EFT's are meant for more risk averse people in my opinion.

In any case...my advice is always stay 60% cash at all times. Dont start trading until you can be satisfied with profits from a 3% gain....if you cant...keep saving your money and wait, cause your risk increases if youre looking for more than 3% in my opinion. Dont be afraid to take a loss...if youre down 12% on a stock, get out...there's money to be paid elsewhere. Only buy on days the market is down....3rd day down in a row is a must buy day. Anyway I'm not a professional...and i've lost money in the past...but ever since I've implemented these steps, I've been a winner. :)

I was just looking into etf's the other day. I'll have to investigate further.