Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dialing while Intoxicated

spoonieluv

I woke up last Sunday morning with a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach and an ache in the center of my skull reminding me of the carnage I inflicted on myself the night before. As I made a pathetic attempt to make it to the bathroom to purge my system of as many toxins as possible I could feel the pain in the middle of my back where my liver was attempting to alert the rest of my system that it was merely an innocent bystander. All I could muster was a half roll onto my side when the casual brush of a feminine ankle and the warm breath on the back of my neck brought me to the crushing reality that was far worse than the enormous hangover I would be nursing all day(and probably most of Monday also). In an instant of clarity the events of the night before came rushing over me like a bad dream that I knew I wouldn’t wake up out of. Every ounce of the Catholicism I had fought so hard to rid myself of had immediately begun an instantaneous prayer vigil on my behalf. All the praying in the world would not help me out of this jam for I know remembered the D.W.I I had given myself last night despite taking a taxi home from the bar. I had dialed while intoxicated.

As I mustered up enough strength to gather my thoughts and half rise out of the warm brace of my sheets I still harbored the hope that there was an attractive stranger lying next to me, but I knew better. One quick glance affirmed my worst fear, my ex Alma was lying curled behind where my body just laid, with a smile half concealed by her long brown locks. Many lonely men dream of waking up next to a girl like Alma. Only twenty years, her pretty face and slender curves, celebrate her youth and beauty. A model and actress with brazen sense of fashion and incredible wit, what man wouldn’t beg to be in my shoes. But Alma and I had already been down this road before, twice. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly where things went bad with us before, but I remember exactly how it wound up, with her knee in my groin. I can’t say I didn’t deserve it, I probably did. I wanted to end things and I took the easy way as so I often do and simply disappeared off the face of the earth. It’s a remarkable trick I mastered in college in order to avoid the unnecessary drama of a dramatic break-up. Needless to say when we did find each other out again she exacted her revenge with a swift and mighty blow that floored me to the dance floor of a packed nightclub. I walked into the bathroom and contemplated my next move staring into the depths of my toilet. As despicable as it was for me to not break things respectably the first time the whole reason I did was to avoid the hurt I knew she would have. She was young and vulnerable and I really liked her a lot. But I was at a different point in my life and we were not very compatible. And none of that had changed. She obviously was still very much into me, I can only imagine what I must have said to her during my drunken adventures of the night before. But she was in my bed and I had to deal with her.

When I finally staggered back into my bedroom I was shocked to find her dressed and sitting on the edge of my bed. She seemed a little embarrassed and in bit of a rush, so I walked her to her car. She seemed to be holding back tears as we approached her car. I told her I would call her later in the week and she nodded knowing I wouldn’t. As she opened the door to the car she leaned forward and gave me the sort of quick passionate kiss that brings tears to women in the movies and ducked into her car and drove off. I rushed back inside to the warmth of my apartment unsure f I was happy or sad to have gotten rid of her so easily. Out of curiosity I checked my cell phone to see what time I called her but I didn’t have any outgoing calls. And then I remembered, I didn’t call her. She called me. I thought about that all day while I recouped watching football. So I decided to give her a call, but she didn’t answer. And she hasn’t called me back yet. It’s as if she disappeared off the face of the Earth.

i did too...

i have to be very careful with my cell when i am under the influence--i get DWIs a lot, whether they are inviting the wrong people over or telling people off :( damn cell phones, lol, there should be some sort of DWI prevention:

"i'm sorry, the number you have dialed is one that you would never in a million years dial sober, so we cannot complete this call until hell freezes over or you sober up. message 2931. *beep*"

:laugh:

Oh my god PLEASE someone install that message on my friend's cell phone... Every time we go out, I catch her on her cell and when we get home late night she's calling everyone from her first boyfriend to the guy that dumped her to some random guy she met and hooked up with- she makes a complete idiot of herself and I hate it!!! we need to put an end to this drunk dialing!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

i did too...

i have to be very careful with my cell when i am under the influence--i get DWIs a lot, whether they are inviting the wrong people over or telling people off :( damn cell phones, lol, there should be some sort of DWI prevention:

"i'm sorry, the number you have dialed is one that you would never in a million years dial sober, so we cannot complete this call until hell freezes over or you sober up. message 2931. *beep*"

:laugh:

I suffer from DD(drunk dialing)...I think everyone is guilty of that at one point in time or another....lol

:drunk::phone::nono:

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

lol, when you get that phone call the next day, and your friend says, "so, you were drunk as hell last night huh?"and you have no idea how they could know that bc you can not remember calling them, lol...

Then you try and play it off....LIke nah, I was just kidding wih you...Blah, blah, blah.......:laugh:

Originally posted by mystify82281

Oh my god PLEASE someone install that message on my friend's cell phone... Every time we go out, I catch her on her cell and when we get home late night she's calling everyone from her first boyfriend to the guy that dumped her to some random guy she met and hooked up with- she makes a complete idiot of herself and I hate it!!! we need to put an end to this drunk dialing!:rolleyes:

:laugh: i have a girl like that... she will call ANYONE.

i personally dont call anyone when im drunk. i just got a new cell phone with new service so no one has my number & i like it that way.

i hate that awkward feeling of leaving & knowing i have to disappear off the face of the planet & hoping they disappear as well. knowing it is better for both of us that way... i have mastered the disappearing act too.

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

:laugh: :laugh: drunk dialing is funny...its so wierd when I see my friends call people THEY WOULD never talk to sober or people they say they want to call but never get around to it until they are wasted...DRUNK DIALING must come to an end DAMMIT!!:laugh: :laugh:

Then they yell at you for letting them make the phone call!!!!