Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC this weekend

djbuster

Originally posted by Kuro

Sander Kleinenberg is at Arc on Saturday.

:) :) nice

aahhh...arc. the space that arc is in was called 'the shelter' many years ago, and was the first 'rave club' i ever went to when i was in high school. the party was called nasa...memories...:D

Originally posted by djbuster

aahhh...arc. the space that arc is in was called 'the shelter' many years ago, and was the first 'rave club' i ever went to when i was in high school. the party was called nasa...memories...:D

did they let you in with your Elmo backpack and orange hair?:laugh:

Originally posted by revaluation

did they let you in with your Elmo backpack and orange hair?:laugh:

hell yeah...only i didnt have orange hair. and it wasnt an elmo backpack...it was an elmo DOLL. my girlfriend did however have a baby bob backpack (barney's green dragon friend) that was filled with goodies...

(whatever - i was 17...)

buster, i replied to your post. anyway, porter and seaman are at centro this saturday also. sauvee88 moved up here so hes in town also.

its a tough decision, sander or seaman, but what tips the scale to seaman for me is that steve porter is openinig up for him, so thats likely where i'll end up, at centro for seaman.

check your pm's

Originally posted by vicman

buster, i replied to your post. anyway, porter and seaman are at centro this saturday also. sauvee88 moved up here so hes in town also.

its a tough decision, sander or seaman, but what tips the scale to seaman for me is that steve porter is openinig up for him, so thats likely where i'll end up, at centro for seaman.

check your pm's

damn...decisions decisions...

i want to go check out arc ... but steve porter?? hard to pass up. i havent heard dave seaman in a while - but last time i heard him he was playing some cheesy vocal filled trancy-progressive. i hope that was a fluke.

if y'all are gonna be at centro-fly - i may just end up there...

Originally posted by Kuro

Do you have pics from your old raver days? I always want to see people's old raver pics, especially if they were all candied up.

I have some great ones :woah: -- you guys will laugh your asses off!

. . . maybe I'll bring 'em to Movie Matinee (if that's still on?) :tongue:

Originally posted by cookiegirl

I have some great ones :woah: -- you guys will laugh your asses off!

. . . maybe I'll bring 'em to Movie Matinee (if that's still on?) :tongue:

hahaha...I can just IMAGINE you candied out! Yeah, bring the pics! ;)

Buster - Steve Porter would definitely be a huge decidind factor for me.

Have fun in NYC!

Hey buster, is the fox gonna go on a roadtrip to NY?

Cause if you're driving, you may be able to settle a longstanding debate between me and my parents - I say that the vixenfox can make the drive to DC and back without a problem, my parents say it's too old and won't make it... so you'll have to let me know the results if u drive :tongue:

damn...decisions decisions...

i want to go check out arc ... but steve porter?? hard to pass up. i havent heard dave seaman in a while - but last time i heard him he was playing some cheesy vocal filled trancy-progressive. i hope that was a fluke.

if y'all are gonna be at centro-fly - i may just end up there...

you could go to arc after dave seaman.

other things this weekend:

dumboluna @ lunaterium sat

roger sanchez @centro fri

underworld @ hammerstein fri

tiesto @ roxy fri

Originally posted by hotcheme

you could go to arc after dave seaman.

other things this weekend:

dumboluna @ lunaterium sat

roger sanchez @centro fri

underworld @ hammerstein fri

tiesto @ roxy fri

I've heard Underworld is nearly sold out......and there's also a nasty rumor that Tiesto sucks...:yuck:

i remember nasa; that was when rave was just getting on the big-time scene (remember nasa being in the movie "kids"?). i never went; i totally looked down on people who were into the club "thing" and "that kind of music," at the time :laugh2: . what a shame; i wasted so many years.

but i was a teenager then, too (also from nyc). what high school imprisoned you :D ?

Originally posted by weyes

i remember nasa; that was when rave was just getting on the big-time scene (remember nasa being in the movie "kids"?). i never went; i totally looked down on people who were into the club "thing" and "that kind of music," at the time :laugh2: . what a shame; i wasted so many years.

but i was a teenager then, too (also from nyc). what high school imprisoned you :D ?

hell yeah! i actually knew alot of the kids in 'kids'. i watched them film alot of the park scenes in washington square park. it was pretty cool...for weeks they would hang out in clubs (nasa, limelight, etc) and hand out fliers asking if you wanted to be an extra in a movie...they shot the 'nasa' scene at 'the tunnel'. i would have gone-but i had to work that day.:(

dont hold it against me...i went to horace mann. you?

Originally posted by revaluation

I've heard Underworld is nearly sold out......and there's also a nasty rumor that Tiesto sucks...:yuck:

both of those rumours are true. ;)

fortunately, someone bought me a ticket to under world.

i forgot about some good weekly parties too:

if you like dnb, direct drive @ baktun on saturdays is really good

and every other friday baktun has a pretty good techno party but i don't know if it is this week.

they shot the 'nasa' scene at 'the tunnel'. i would have gone-but i had to work that day.:(

I was wondering why the nasa scene looked like it was filmed in a completely different space than the place that became vinyl.