Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
njdionysus

Optimum Online Upload F'd

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with Optimum Online's upload speed? My download speed rocks but they claim that they are aware of a problem effecting the upload speeds and "our technicians are working to fix the problem, but we don't know when it will be fixed." I think its bullshit!

They cut down the bandwidth cuz they know people are using AIM to trade music and movie files. My download on Soulseek is fine but the upload is so slow and its the same way with AIM.

What's next? Someone from the government going to come in our houses and delete mp3 files..........

Originally posted by njdionysus

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with Optimum Online's upload speed? My download speed rocks but they claim that they are aware of a problem effecting the upload speeds and "our technicians are working to fix the problem, but we don't know when it will be fixed." I think its bullshit!

They cut down the bandwidth cuz they know people are using AIM to trade music and movie files. My download on Soulseek is fine but the upload is so slow and its the same way with AIM.

What's next? Someone from the government going to come in our houses and delete mp3 files..........

i think everyone with sloptimum is having that problem.....like you said, downloads are fine, but uploads are complete shit...i used to be able to upload a song in 2-3 min tops...now it takes about a week or two

I get 1.9mbyte/s download and only 15KB/s upload..They cap that shit to conserve bandwidth. Also with cable the more people in your neighborhood or area who get it..makes yours even slower because you are sharing bandwidth with them.

Listen! Send files the right way, FTP its the fastest way! Its not optimum online that slowing down, although the amount of people on your NODE ( AREA) does actually have a corealation in your uploads speeds. But these programs your using are no good! :eek:

nah it def has to do with optimum.. not the program.. my shit fucking crawls.. its a lot better than last week but its probably running at 56k upload speed.. i called last week and complained and made them credit my account.. if this shit isnt fixed soon im calling again

Originally posted by doubtness

I'm downloading from my FTP site @ home @ 102.05KB/s.

Go OOL!

my dl's & ul's used to both go at 100+k...now i'm in the negatives.....optimum is starting to fix their problem in some places but they havent made their way over here yet....shitty