Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bush on Economy - Saddam must be overthrown

Drunk

Bush on Economy - 'Saddam Must Be Overthrown'

WASHINGTON, DC—Amid growing concerns about the faltering stock market and deepening recession, President Bush vowed to tackle the nation's economic woes head-on Tuesday, assuring the American people that he "will not rest" until Saddam Hussein is removed from power.

"Our nation's economy is struggling right now," said Bush, delivering the keynote address at the National Economic Forum. "Our manufacturing base is weak, new home sales are down, and unemployment is up. Millions of our people are suffering. That is why I stand before you tonight and make this promise: Saddam Hussein will be stopped."

With the Dow regularly suffering triple-digit plunges and the Nasdaq hitting a six-year low of 1184.94 late last month, Bush used the speech as an opportunity to outline his plan for getting the economy back on track.

"We can no longer turn a blind eye to our tumbling stock market and the disintegration of the retirement package of the American worker," Bush said. "That is why I have developed a 14-point plan for reviving America's economy. The first step is taking the biological and chemical weapons out of the hands of this madman. These sorts of weapons have no place in a peaceful world."

Turning to the problem of unemployment, Bush discussed his strategy for creating new jobs and stimulating growth in the tech sector.

"We're working hard to put Americans back to work," Bush said. "Our citizens are fighters, they just need the opportunity. And it is in this spirit that we are committed to defeating Saddam Hussein, so that the world may stand together in liberty and freedom."

Bush then addressed the issue of corporate malfeasance, promising sweeping reforms and a major crackdown on white-collar criminals.

"Corrupt CEOs must be treated like any other criminal," Bush said. "The damage they do to this country, eroding investors' faith in our stock market and corporate institutions, is extremely serious. I would like to deliver a clear message to those who would bilk hardworking Americans out of their hard-earned 401K plans while greedily lining their own pockets: We cannot, and will not, sit idly by while this threat continues to mount in the Middle East. Iraq has stood in violation of U.N. resolutions since 1991 by refusing to allow weapons inspectors into the palace compound, where we suspect there are laboratories for creating weapons of mass destruction. We must remove the dictator Saddam Hussein and install a government that is committed to working toward free and democratic elections for the nation of Iraq."

Added Bush: "This man tried to kill my dad."

After the president's speech, Press Secretary Ari Fleischer issued a brief statement.

"As you have just heard, the president and this administration are fully committed to turning the economy around," Fleischer said. "We know how important it is for everyone to feel confident that their investment dollars are safe and that they will be able to build a better future for themselves and their children. We also know that what we really need to do at this time is to oust Saddam Hussein. Let's roll."

-The Onion :D

I can't believe he will make a direct connection between our economic woes and a War with Iraq :no:

First of all, Economics is cyclical, so this downturn is somewhat expected. We had good times for a while, then all of a sudden, due to Sept. 11th and other factors, we need to slow down a little bit.

Secondly, you would think that, if he were a real president, he would discuss the economy separately from this Iraq debacle.

It seems as if everything for Bush is connected to Iraq nowadays, and he won't rest until he sends the troops out.

Times will get even tighter if we go to war. And i doubt that "taking the biological and chemical weapons out of the hands of this madman" will directly affect our economy except drive up oil prices :mad:

Originally posted by sassa

Lucky? If he wins again, I am going to move to Europe.

If he is a great leader, then I am a Chewbacca.

Dnice, seriously...what are you smoking?

According to you, NO ONE is a great leader. Sure Bushy has made his mistakes, but what more can you ask of him? After all hes done and doing we should have a little more respect for him.

Originally posted by dnice35

According to you, NO ONE is a great leader. Sure Bushy has made his mistakes, but what more can you ask of him? After all hes done and doing we should have a little more respect for him.

I CANNOT respect someone who had to rig an election to be elected president! I cannot respect someone who cannot string a decent sentence together. I cannot respect someone who has bankrupted 3 of his own companies and has never been through a war to understand the effects and consequences of it. NO, I don't respect him and I never will.

I NEVER said no one was a great leader either. Churchill was a great leader, so was Peron, De Gaulle, Mao Ze Dong, or Rabin. Those are good examples of true leaders, not this monkey bitch Bush.

I CANNOT respect someone who had to rig an election to be elected president! I cannot respect someone who cannot string a decent sentence together. I cannot respect someone who has bankrupted 3 of his own companies and has never been through a war to understand the effects and consequences of it. NO, I don't respect him and I never will.

I NEVER said no one was a great leader either. Churchill was a great leader, so was Peron, De Gaulle, Mao Ze Dong, or Rabin. Those are good examples of true leaders, not this monkey bitch Bush.

:mad: Ok how the hell did he rig the election?

Read "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore.

Don't you think also it's a bit suspicious that there were problems with the votes in Florida, where his brother is governor?

Don't you think also it's suspicious that over 200,000 Democratic votes "suddenly" disappeared?

Doesn't take a genius to figure out he pulled the election. But then again, I don't agree with the system here of having a popular vote and then an electoral vote. What's the point of voting when a group of old farts are going to pick the president anyways?

Read "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore.

Don't you think also it's a bit suspicious that there were problems with the votes in Florida, where his brother is governor?

Don't you think also it's suspicious that over 200,000 Democratic votes "suddenly" disappeared?

Doesn't take a genius to figure out he pulled the election. But then again, I don't agree with the system here of having a popular vote and then an electoral vote. What's the point of voting when a group of old farts are going to pick the president anyways?

simplify it for me, whats the book about?

And as far as your suspicions go, show me proofs thats what happened. remember they screwed up in the race for goverment too. Its not that the election was rigged, its just Florida is full of morons! By the way I agree with you on the electing the president issue.....

Originally posted by dnice35

simplify it for me, whats the book about?

And as far as your suspicions go, show me proofs thats what happened. remember they screwed up in the race for goverment too. Its not that the election was rigged, its just Florida is full of morons! By the way I agree with you on the electing the president issue.....

Go here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060392452/ref%3Dnosim/lksmsubsite-sub-bk-asin-20/102-3063417-7044120

I CANNOT respect someone who had to rig an election to be elected president!

ummm....JFK rigged the election, dead people voting?? from ur list of "Great Leaders" only Churchill would u even consider a great leader....Peron? please!!!!:laugh: ....de Gaul? US helped him get back his country from the Germans:laugh: ...mao? no comment:laugh: ....question i should be asking u sassa is, what the hell are u smoking? and can u share?:laugh:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

ummm....JFK rigged the election, dead people voting?? from ur list of "Great Leaders" only Churchill would u even consider a great leader....Peron? please!!!!:laugh: ....de Gaul? US helped him get back his country from the Germans:laugh: ...mao? no comment:laugh: ....question i should be asking u sassa is, what the hell are u smoking? and can u share?:laugh:

:clap2: :clap2: