Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wtf?!?

sunnyhost

Yesterday some of my friends and I went up to West Palm for the Incubus concert and decided that we were going to buy some Liqour up there so that we can drink b4 going into the show. when we get to W.Palms though, we asked a gas station worker to direct us to the nearest liqour store and he looked at us like if we were nuts. Well low and behold, we find out that ALL liqour stores are closed All Day Every Sunday!WTF?!? :eek::mad::rolleyes: I know down here some areas have a law that don't allow liqour to be sold until after 1pm, but certainly not allll day. Is that how it is everywhere except Miami or what's going on??? We had to settle for Sky Blue's and beer....oh well..it did the trick. I just couldn't believe that and wanted to share my frustration + that info w/the rest of u. Thanks 4 hearing me out!:tongue:

P.S: For those of you that like Incubus....the concert was aaaabsolutely increadible! They played a great set & had an awesome stage set-up w/amazing visuals to go along with it:rock: :aright::clap::bounce::biggrin:

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Incubus rocks... excellent band. The other band I really like is the strokes.

Yup...Incubus totally rocks!::aright::rock::D

The Strokes are cool....I just recently heard The Vines CD and like them too...if u like the strokes u'll probably like them also...check it out if u haven't done so yet;) :tongue:

Manhattan its the same shit, We got out of a club like at 6am and I tried to buy a beer and the focker told me they didnt sell any type of liquor on Sundays.... needless to say I was not a happy camper. :mad:

"Denying a man liquor is not the act of a friend"

OMG! I looove Coldplay! I got their new CD a few weeks ago and can not stop listening to it in my car...every single song is great....I have to agree w/u 100%Meng...they are awesome! (Kinda remind me a bit of DMB):D

As far as the liqour thing goes I only have one thing to say.....Thank god I live in Miami and not in one of those places w/those damn liqour laws! Can u imagine not being able to be spontaneous on a Sunday and go out and get liqour somewhere if u wanted 2??? I'd hate having to pre-plan my drinks:rolleyes:

Incubus was absolutely amazing! Great musicianship, their Dj scratches like mfer and adds textures and background pre-recorded vocal, pretty incredible.

This is the new face of rock, Brandon Boyd from Incubus, best singer and frontman out there right now...no doubt about it...these guys gave an elctrifying perfomance.

sq-incubus-pardon-boyd-son.jpg

Pardon me while I burst and rise above the flames...pardon me, pardon me, ill never be the same!

Originally posted by funketeer

Incubus was absolutely amazing! Great musicianship, their Dj scratches like mfer and adds textures and background pre-recorded vocal, pretty incredible.

This is the new face of rock, Brandon Boyd from Incubus, best singer and frontman out there right now...no doubt about it...these guys gave an elctrifying perfomance.

sq-incubus-pardon-boyd-son.jpg

Pardon me while I burst and rise above the flames...pardon me, pardon me, ill never be the same!

Hell yeah! totally worth the hour and then some drive! I know I sound like a broken record, but I still can't get over what an increadible show it was! :D

Where were u sitting funketeer? We had lawn seats but got there super early so we were lucky enough to get first "row" =) Can't complain at all...great view!

The way the entire band works together and brings in everything together with Brandon's amazing vocals (and let's not even get into their lyrics....outta hand too!) doesn't even have a word to describe it.....I say these guys are going to be around for a long time to come :):D:)

P.S: Did u get to check out the opening act? Har mar fabulous or whatever his name was?!? What a "f**kin" character right?!? "F**k Yeah!" LOLOLOL:tongue:

Seriously, this band is it!

incubus.jpg

If you get into what is really going on, you just rave to it.

They closed the show with oriental music achiveved by a citar, a standing bass and a percussion station, nicely done.

The sky looked like a 1000 backlit canopees with holes punched through them.

Full moon and everything.

Originally posted by funketeer

Seriously, this band is it!

incubus.jpg

If you get into what is really going on, you just rave to it.

They closed the show with oriental music achiveved by a citar, a standing bass and a percussion station, nicely done.

The sky looked like a 1000 backlit canopees with holes punched through them.

Full moon and everything.

Yup!

The closing song...Aqueous Transmission was outta hand!

Wasn't it just like...jaw dropping:jawdrop: when the stage "sky" itself "looked like a 1000 backlit canopees with hole punched through them"?!?

The full moon in the sky couldn't have complimented the concert any more perfectly!