Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shady Promoters need to wake the FUCK up!!!!

djgrant

Last Thursday at one of the large clubs here in NYC, I had to deal w/ the good old SHADY PROMOTER. As a DJ, Promoter and business person in the global music industry for the past 5 years….I have never come across promoters w/ such a stupid way of doing business.

How can Clubs in this city have people w/ such bad reps and attitudes involved w/ their clubs?

Bringing in the $$$ is only one part. Bringing a vibe is the other.

It’s all Karma in the long run…

Please people, If you know promoters who fuck others over…don’t support them. They will only cause what we love, to be diluted into shallow, dishonest, & negative crack-head gatherings.

SAVE THE CLUBS.

To join a new breed of club goers, email worldunderground@hotmail.com (subject: bring the vibe) and I will let you know were the real deals are!!!

Lets work together on this…

Join the Satellite VIP group – email grant@satelliterecords.com (subject: VIP me)

This is in the process of being the best way to get hooked up in NYC.

Peace from the KIWI.

OUT>

:mad: :mad: :(

Originally posted by djgrant

Last Thursday at one of the large clubs here in NYC, I had to deal w/ the good old SHADY PROMOTER. As a DJ, Promoter and business person in the global music industry for the past 5 years….I have never come across promoters w/ such a stupid way of doing business.

How can Clubs in this city have people w/ such bad reps and attitudes involved w/ their clubs?

Bringing in the $$$ is only one part. Bringing a vibe is the other.

It’s all Karma in the long run…

Please people, If you know promoters who fuck others over…don’t support them. They will only cause what we love, to be diluted into shallow, dishonest, & negative crack-head gatherings.

SAVE THE CLUBS.

To join a new breed of club goers, email worldunderground@hotmail.com (subject: bring the vibe) and I will let you know were the real deals are!!!

Lets work together on this…

Join the Satellite VIP group – email grant@satelliterecords.com (subject: VIP me)

This is in the process of being the best way to get hooked up in NYC.

Peace from the KIWI.

OUT>

:mad: :mad: :(

OMG puhleeeeze with all your save the clubs bullshit.....im sure if you were fired on thursday it was for a damn good reason....and please, have a little more taste than to cry over your spilled milk on a fucking message board.....

i swear to god, some of these little ass promoter dorks.....trying to put the blame on the people that are running the fucking party just cause you fucked your OWN self.....

and the funny thing is that I dont even know who you are and what the situation is and i can already see loud and clear what your trying to BS about.......

News for you sweetheart, i doubt anyone on a message board is gonna be running to rally around you against the BIG BAD PROMOTERS....

Originally posted by nastynas

OMG puhleeeeze with all your save the clubs bullshit.....im sure if you were fired on thursday it was for a damn good reason....and please, have a little more taste than to cry over your spilled milk on a fucking message board.....

i swear to god, some of these little ass promoter dorks.....trying to put the blame on the people that are running the fucking party just cause you fucked your OWN self.....

and the funny thing is that I dont even know who you are and what the situation is and i can already see loud and clear what your trying to BS about.......

News for you sweetheart, i doubt anyone on a message board is gonna be running to rally around you against the BIG BAD PROMOTERS....

Unfortunately, in many cases, it really is the promoter that fucks up. This industry is shady. Ask anyone in it. I'm not sure if you've worked in the scene or not, but it is positively incredible how quickly someone will turn on you, fuck you over, defect, refuse payments, smear reputations, etc. etc. (and for someone who is probably getting his intestines in a knot right now, relax, i making a general statement and referring to many people across the board).

It's not fair of you to attack the DJ who may actually have legitimate concerns. We all deserve a voice, and this no time for mass-emailing-please-post-on-my-behalf board rallies. Let the guy speak - he obviously has something to say. If the promoter he is referring to has a defense, that should be heard as well, should said promoter want to voice it on the board. Fair's fair, and both DJ's and promoters are covered under the first amendment, so it's not very productive to try to repress what others want to say.

Side note: If he is actually working to promote the real scene, the actual world in which music matters more than money and mutual respect wins out over personal agenda, then he DEFINITELY deserves the arena to set out that option.

I think you misunderstood the guy completely. This guy opens up for Danny Tenaglia on Fridays.

"OMG puhleeeeze with all your save the clubs bullshit.....im sure if you were fired on thursday it was for a damn good reason....and please, have a little more taste than to cry over your spilled milk on a fucking message board....."

First of all, how do you know it was "spilled milk" if you dont even know what the situation is? strike one!

"i swear to god, some of these little ass promoter dorks.....trying to put the blame on the people that are running the fucking party just cause you fucked your OWN self....."

and who are you? Lil ass promoter dork #2? sounds like it.

"and the funny thing is that I dont even know who you are and what the situation is and i can already see loud and clear what your trying to BS about......."

Well sheeit, you'd put miss cleo out of buisness with your crystal ball self eh? You dont even know the half of it but yet you see things clearly? you make no sense whatsoever.

:) :)

So uh...who's hand is up your ass which is controlling your speech, hand, and eye movement...etc..? how does it feel to live the life of a sock puppet?

DjGrant,

Really sorry to hear about your situation.

Once bitten twice shy. Pass the word around, and get back to what you do best. Just don't waste time.

I think most go to hear good dj's / music at a club anyhow(RIGHT?!?!) regardless of who's throwing it. DJ knows 5 people who in turn know another 5 who in turn knows another 5...get my drift? Spoken word rocks!

Shadyness is anywhere where money and prestige are involved, especially money so I expect it. Just the better ones are less shady. Fuck the rest.....Darwin always wins.

Regardless, Best of Luck!

(just an observer, neither Dj nor promoter).

Originally posted by thorinaiello

?????

this is the most intelligent piece of commentary I've ever read..I was blown away at your choice of words...only those morons you read about involved in the stupid bank robberies are as self-incriminating as you are...

only William Wordsworth can compete with your eloquence...turd...