Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
merkie

Shooting this Morning

Police Investigate Shooting in Montgomery County

From staff and wire reports

Tuesday, October 22, 2002; 6:27 AM

A man has been shot in the chest in Montgomery County this morning, but authorities said it was too early to tell if it was connected to the serial sniper who has killed nine people and injured three others this month.

Police are investigating the scene in Aspen Hill, Md. where traffic is shut down on Connecticut Ave. Police have also closed the Beltway in both directions at the American Legion Bridge causing severe traffic delays all over the region.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Spokesman Pete Piringer says units were dispatched shortly before 6 a.m. to the scene and one adult male victim suffered a "priority one chest wound." A medevac helicopter will be taking the victim to a local trauma center.

Piringer says he’s been asked by police not to disclose which hospital.

you are??? oh man

well i just spouted off my RAGE somewhere else, but lemme sum up and say that THIS WHOLE DAMN THING IS SO FUCKING RIDICULOUS. THIS FUCKING IDIOT DESERVES NO LESS THAN TO UNDERGO THE ABSOLUTE WORST AND MOST PAINFUL TORTURE FOR THE REST OF THEIR ENTIRE LIFE!

and this freaking cat-and-mouse game using the media and covert messages and stuff....i also think that's COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLSHIT. i say fuck communicating w/ this fucker and dont give him the satisfaction of seeing what'shisface chief whatever talk to him through the media.

so what i wanna know is WHAT CAN WE DO to help catch this fucker??? i would give anything to go out there and help them search vehicles, cast the dragnet, whatever it freaking takes. it's so fucking frustrating to not be able to DO anything about it, basically to just do our own thing and just watch it all play out on tv. WHAT CAN WE DO?!?!?!

Guest jroo

this is really starting to piss me off. didnt this guy have family at all? didnt he have a job? does he have neighboors? how can nobody fucking not notice someone that is keeping some fucked up schedule now, missing work. acting differently. what the fuck is going on? employers need to start giving up names too. if this motherfucker has a job, or even a list of laid off people. somebody knows something, and that's what pisses me off.

I was just reading up on the path the bullet creates when it hits the body. If it hits the victim in the head, it doesnt create much of a path, but when it hits elsewhere like the torso or abdomen, it actually bounces around hitting vital organs. In the process it causes massive amounts of internal bleeding. The bullet used is quite small, so this makes it hard to locate in time. So the victim actually dies from internal bleeding. Amazingly enough, that 13 yr old survived, but at the same time he had to have the damaged parts of his organs removed. The last guy who was shot had to have portions of his stomach removed as well as his entire spleen.

Originally posted by spinsaikel

I was just reading up on the path the bullet creates when it hits the body. If it hits the victim in the head, it doesnt create much of a path, but when it hits elsewhere like the torso or abdomen, it actually bounces around hitting vital organs. In the process it causes massive amounts of internal bleeding. The bullet used is quite small, so this makes it hard to locate in time. So the victim actually dies from internal bleeding. Amazingly enough, that 13 yr old survived, but at the same time he had to have the damaged parts of his organs removed. The last guy who was shot had to have portions of his stomach removed as well as his entire spleen.

The .223/5.56 NATO round is pretty small, but it's designed to tumble once it strikes anything more dense than air (like human tissue), effectively increasing it's size like 3x which causes monstrous internal trauma.

My physics teacher in high school was a Marine who tested the round back in Vietnam and explained the physics of how the round worked to us. We had a bunch of artillery examples too.

He found his first use of the round in a combat situation really interesting and I've never forgotten the story. Pretty sure you guys don't want me to repeat it right now.

Originally posted by crank47

He found his first use of the round in a combat situation really interesting and I've never forgotten the story. Pretty sure you guys don't want me to repeat it right now.

yayy it's storytime...

Guest jroo

another reason the military uses 5.56 ammo, is because we are a nice sweet peaceful nation that doesnt want to straight out kill the emeny. actually with this round, you're really just gonna fuck someone up more than flat out kill him. so when his little commie buddies run back to go get their fallen comrade you can shoot him too. if we killed the first guy right away there wouldnt be anyone running back to save his sorry ass. this round is in no way a sniper rifle. it sounds like an ar-15 which some of you know is a civilian verison of the m-16. or m-4. sounds like this dude is a straight wanna be, probably has a 2 grand scope on it and thinks he's God. what a loser.

Originally posted by spinsaikel

Do tell but....post it on a new thread, no need to hi-jack this one. I definitely don't want merkie to whip out her billyclub on me. It's quite big too I might add.:whip2:

Watch out spinsaikel! :spank:

Wait...how do you know how big it is?

Originally posted by jroo

another reason the military uses 5.56 ammo, is because we are a nice sweet peaceful nation that doesnt want to straight out kill the emeny. actually with this round, you're really just gonna fuck someone up more than flat out kill him. so when his little commie buddies run back to go get their fallen comrade you can shoot him too. if we killed the first guy right away there wouldnt be anyone running back to save his sorry ass. this round is in no way a sniper rifle. it sounds like an ar-15 which some of you know is a civilian verison of the m-16. or m-4. sounds like this dude is a straight wanna be, probably has a 2 grand scope on it and thinks he's God. what a loser.

Yeah, true, designed to wound, not kill. Not only do you get to shoot his commie buddies, but the enemy has to use up resources taking care of all the wounded. We must have some great minds that thought of this. :rolleyes:

Guest jroo
Originally posted by crank47

Yeah, true, designed to wound, not kill. Not only do you get to shoot his commie buddies, but the enemy has to use up resources taking care of all the wounded. We must have some great minds that thought of this. :rolleyes:

me personally dont like the idea of the wounded fuck chilling there waiting to die, im sure his trigger finger still works. 7.62 is the way to go in my eyes. war sucks, then you die.

Originally posted by merkie

Watch out spinsaikel! :spank:

Wait...how do you know how big it is?

Well, I was hesitant to bring up this lil incident but I have no choice kristen. remember the time you and I went to the theatre and I ran out of popcorn? So I had a bit of yours instead. Before I even got to the bottom, I uh...i'll stop here. :D