Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish GU 25

revaluation

why can't GU get another dj to do the series. I'm pretty much tired of dave seaman and deep dish. But I am glad they wouldnt let ppl like PVD do one of the series:O). Anyway, I think it should be fortier's turn to do the next installment. wait, isnt he supposed to do nx nubreed series?

Originally posted by revaluation

Heard a rumor, said they were up for the next GU release.....good thing, another Lavelle-like CD and I'd give up on GU.....

i read that on xpander. wouldve been better if they wouldve come up with something new for their 25th releease

Originally posted by spinsaikel

why can't GU get another dj to do the series. I'm pretty much tired of dave seaman and deep dish. But I am glad they wouldnt let ppl like PVD do one of the series:O). Anyway, I think it should be fortier's turn to do the next installment. wait, isnt he supposed to do nx nubreed series?

i would think they'd have fortier do a nubreed and not a gu

Originally posted by MadamMillie

i would think they'd have fortier do a nubreed and not a gu

I agree. Fortier doesn't have the popularity that most GU guys have, but then, who the fuck is James Lavelle?

I figured Zabiela for the next NuBreed though...we'll see.

It doesn't make sense to have Fortier do a NuBreed anymore than it was for Satoshi. How long have they been a part of all this? Like a million years.......

And Fortier has his hands in everything. I'm willing to bet that damn near every track on the last 10 GU's have come across his desk as white labels or CDRs....

One last note, IMO the last original GU was Sasha SF. The rest of them are just pure promotion (DD being the worst). Don't get me wrong, LA was phenomenal, but out of all the songs that Diggers can get a hold of, did Satoshi Tomiie really have 3 of the best ones? Sounds like some back scratchin' goin on.....

I agree. Fortier doesn't have the popularity that most GU guys have, but then, who the fuck is James Lavelle?

It doesn't make sense to have Fortier do a NuBreed anymore than it was for Satoshi. How long have they been a part of all this? Like a million years.......

And Fortier has his hands in everything. I'm willing to bet that damn near every track on the last 10 GU's have come across his desk as white labels or CDRs....

One last note, IMO the last original GU was Sasha SF. The rest of them are just pure promotion (DD being the worst). Don't get me wrong, LA was phenomenal, but out of all the songs that Diggers can get a hold of, did Satoshi Tomiie really have 3 of the best ones? Sounds like some back scratchin' goin on.....

couldnt have said it better myself rev. anyway, I thought the nu-breed series was reserved for up and coming djs? I know for a fact that Fortier has been around longer then let's say...steve lawler. Fortier is well respected in the progressive arena but isnt as popular? I don't get it. When it comes to mixing fortier has it down cold and his track selection for his kiss 100/essential mix was imppecable. Very well put together. Anyway, speaking of back scratching, if zabiela does get to do an installment. I'm sure sasha has something to do with it. yes? no?

Originally posted by spinsaikel

couldnt have said it better myself rev. anyway, I thought the nu-breed series was reserved for up and coming djs? I know for a fact that Fortier has been around longer then let's say...steve lawler. Fortier is well respected in the progressive arena but isnt as popular? I don't get it. When it comes to mixing fortier has it down cold and his track selection for his kiss 100/essential mix was imppecable. Very well put together. Anyway, speaking of back scratching, if zabiela does get to do an installment. I'm sure sasha has something to do with it. yes? no?

word.

Fortier hasn't really put himself out there until this year though. He had a couple of underground CDs, but it was titled something cheesy like Trance Nation or something, even though it was all prog. Prolly just fell in with the rest. Until Balance started really taking off no one really knew how integral he was.

If the world was mine Tim Skinner would be the next NuBreed. The guy has PHENOMENAL mixing skills (fuck Zabiela and his trendy prog breaks). I should have Skinner's Balance promo soon so check my Soul Seek if you guys wanna hear it ( soul seek name: wdcbum ).

Skinner goes way back with the Balance crew (Fortier, Van M, Cusick) but I guess he's only recently been playing major gigs, opening for Diggers.

• 5 weeks later...

WHO THE FUCK IS JAMES LAVELLE?????

DUDE....Do your homework before coming to class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!