Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Armed Men Seize Moscow Theater

mrmatas2277

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A group of armed gunmen seized a Moscow theater staging a musical late Wednesday, firing shots in the air and holding a number of people hostage, police in the capital said.

Interfax news agency, one of whose reporters was in the theater at the time, said the gunmen had allowed members of the audience to make phone calls and children to be released.

Muslim members of the audience attending the production of "North-East" were also allowed to leave, Interfax said.

Police teams rushed to the scene but there were no initial reports of casualties. Police said it was not immediately clear how many people were involved in the incident or how many people were attending the show.

Originally posted by sassa

please.

this shit happens in russia constantly, and moscow is known for being a place where the craziest shit goes down...and i mean, passerby shootings, kidnappings, the works.

Im just saying why did they let the towel heads leave?

They're MUSLIMS, not fucking towel heads. Would you like it if you were black and I called you a nigger, or if you were Hispanic, I called you a spic?

Have some respect and open your mind...you cannot think all Muslims have to do with this stupid bullshit terrorism the US is bent on getting itself into...

They're MUSLIMS, not fucking towel heads. Would you like it if you were black and I called you a nigger, or if you were Hispanic, I called you a spic?

Have some respect and open your mind...you cannot think all Muslims have to do with this stupid bullshit terrorism the US is bent on getting itself into...

I wasnt reffering to all Muslims, but most of them hate us...... So if someone where to nuke a place like, lets say Palestine..... I wouldnt loose any sleep over it.

Originally posted by dnice35

I wasnt reffering to all Muslims, but most of them hate us...... So if someone where to nuke a place like, lets say Palestine..... I wouldnt loose any sleep over it.

Where's your proof for this? Don't generalize, please, and don't bullshit.

I would have expected a more open-minded response from you dnice..oh wait, who am I talking to here?

:blank:

Where's your proof for this? Don't generalize, please, and don't bullshit.

I would have expected a more open-minded response from you dnice..oh wait, who am I talking to here?

:blank:

Proof???

you traveled, you know people around the world dont like us.

by the way I am being open minded

Proof???

you traveled, you know people around the world dont like us.

by the way I am being open minded

Yeah, including a shit-load of NON-Muslims...

So, whats your point?

The current fuck-ups of the administration are just going to come around and haunt the US just like the fuck-ups of the past administrations have come around to haunt us right now!

Originally posted by raver_mania

Yeah, including a shit-load of NON-Muslims...

So, whats your point?

The current fuck-ups of the administration are just going to come around and haunt the US just like the fuck-ups of the past administrations have come around to haunt us right now!

people around the world have always envied us. maybe we should hope for recession and be misserable like the rest of the stinking world is, so they can like us....

people around the world have always envied us. maybe we should hope for recession and be misserable like the rest of the stinking world is, so they can like us....

maybe if the US didn't have certain tariffs and didn't keep the little man out of the global market, this shit wouldn't happen....

when people are hungry and cold, they will do crazy things to change their situation.

So what are we suppose to solve every countries problem? It aint our fault they are in that situation.....

oh really?

i'm not saying solve every country's problems. i'm saying cut people a little slack, STOP BEING SO CAPITALISTIC AND GREEDY FOR ONCE!

but i guess that is something impossible.

dnice,

we are a big reason why many nations have no annual growth, or why many sub saharan nations are in an agricultural decline. theres a lot , a lot, of shit that goes on that you dont know about. nothing to do with conspiracies, or other such crap, its just the way things work. read Chomsky - Rogue Nations, very good analysis, if a bit too leftist in my opinion

regarding the moscow situation, its a very messy situation

on one hand, the russians do commit many atrocities, as their poorly equipped army is forced to recruit convicts to fill the ranks. some really terrible people serve among their units. a big problem right there.

on the other hand, i have absolutely no remorse for the islamic militants who after russia withdrew in '98, brougth chechnya into a realm of chaos, murder, kidnapping and distruction. their terror chiefs like the now thankfuly killed Khattab, have strong ties with bin laden, and share his vision of the Caliphate. among the people who are fighting for a 'noble' version of their own independence, there are hardcore terrorists, the same kind of scum that killed 3000 of oiur own. so, again, theres no black and white

Originally posted by tribal

dnice,

we are a big reason why many nations have no annual growth, or why many sub saharan nations are in an agricultural decline. theres a lot , a lot, of shit that goes on that you dont know about. nothing to do with conspiracies, or other such crap, its just the way things work. read Chomsky - Rogue Nations, very good analysis, if a bit too leftist in my opinion

regarding the moscow situation, its a very messy situation

on one hand, the russians do commit many atrocities, as their poorly equipped army is forced to recruit convicts to fill the ranks. some really terrible people serve among their units. a big problem right there.

on the other hand, i have absolutely no remorse for the islamic militants who after russia withdrew in '98, brougth chechnya into a realm of chaos, murder, kidnapping and distruction. their terror chiefs like the now thankfuly killed Khattab, have strong ties with bin laden, and share his vision of the Caliphate. among the people who are fighting for a 'noble' version of their own independence, there are hardcore terrorists, the same kind of scum that killed 3000 of oiur own. so, again, theres no black and white

first of all, 3000 killed in the 9/11 attacks were not all American.

Second, don't even dare link Khattab with Al-Qaeda, unless you have proof, don't suggest it.

Chechnya has tried time and again to be liberated from Russian rule since the late 1860's. 80% of the population in the Caucasus were expelled to parts of the Middle East and Europe. Many of them died en route, others were sold into slavery, etc. The Russians ruined what was left of the culture and life of these people. There are now many diaspora around the world who are descendents of these people who had to die just for being North Caucasians. The Chechens are the sole brave group in that region to step forward and challenge the Russians. Before you talk smack about what's going on, I do admit there are Chechens who have committed bad crimes, but then again, WHO is a perfect ethnic group? NO ONE. We all suck as a human race, let's admit it.

Finally, the Russians have committed way more atrocities in Chechnya than the Chechens have committed against the Russians. Would you like to see your daughter/niece/mother be raped repeatedly by drunken young Russian soldiers, slashed with razors, then run over by a tank till her body is left into pieces? This is what happened, and a Russian colonel was behind it. Go to Amnesty International's website if you don't believe me.

I can tolerate your Israeli-Palestinian remarks to a certain extent, but don't talk shit about Chechnya. I honestly believe you know too little about the topic as you have demonstrated above.

Sassa

sassa, dont take this personally, perhaps you are part chechen, but a very large number of chechen guerrilas have ties with al qada, this is a known fact, the UK MI6, Mossad and even the Jordanian intelligence service traced a number of military/financial networks between chechen guerrilas and groups like al qada. please, this is a dirty war, the russians arent the only ones committing crimes. Katab for your information was trained in a bin laden-run camp. if you want to know the true ideology behind the chechen guerrilas, and who some of their 'friends' are, check out www.kavkaz.org a guerrila-run website, which you will find quiet interesting, filled with the usual hate the - zionist- america - jews - west bullshit. im not saying russians should be there, but this isnt some noble fight for freedom, its not that convenient.

Originally posted by tribal

sassa, dont take this personally, perhaps you are part chechen, but a very large number of chechen guerrilas have ties with al qada, this is a known fact, the UK MI6, Mossad and even the Jordanian intelligence service traced a number of military/financial networks between chechen guerrilas and groups like al qada. please, this is a dirty war, the russians arent the only ones committing crimes. Katab for your information was trained in a bin laden-run camp. if you want to know the true ideology behind the chechen guerrilas, and who some of their 'friends' are, check out www.kavkaz.org a guerrila-run website, which you will find quiet interesting, filled with the usual hate the - zionist- america - jews - west bullshit. im not saying russians should be there, but this isnt some noble fight for freedom, its not that convenient.

i am not saying chechens don't have ties to al-qaeda, some do. BUT i am trying to say don't link their cause with al-qaeda's cause. they just want independence from russia, they don't want to make the entire world a muslim one. www.kavkaz.org is NOT guerilla run website, by the way. where do you base your statement that they are?