Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you think Bonds is the new home run king?

acura

Baseball players at his age seem to loose their touch, he has just hit his peak, something fishy going on there.. In the 1998 season he weighed 195 lbs, this year I think his weight was almost 245lbs(don't quote me). He is screwed once they test for steroids, along w/ Sosa and so many others that have taken the long ball to unheard of distances.. Steriods can't give you the skills neccesary in hitting, such as hand-eye cord. and picking the right pitches to swing at, but they can enhance the length the ball is hit once those 2 acts are mastered, which I think Barry has become so great at...

Question:

If they test and he is positve for roids, will all his homeruns seem watered down b/c of his extra edge? If he tests poistive, i wish the MLB could take away his whole year of homeruns, do you agree?

Mark McGuire took a legal steroid called Androstien(sp?), which wasn't on the illegal substance list that the MLB had at the time he admitted to using this. After further research by the MLB they outlawed this steriod for any players thinking about further using this as a supplement... I think if he tested positive after this was in effect, then they should take away the homerun, but I think he was clean after they banned this..

Originally posted by inyourbum

Mark McGuire took a legal steroid called Androstien(sp?), which wasn't on the illegal substance list that the MLB had at the time he admitted to using this. After further research by the MLB they outlawed this steriod for any players thinking about further using this as a supplement... I think if he tested positive after this was in effect, then they should take away the homerun, but I think he was clean after they banned this..

Thanks - I knew it was something like that......:D

Personally, I think baseball has lost it's luster because of the homerun craziness. I mean, it's not that the pitchers are getting worse, it's the fact that there's a 245 lb. meathead going up to bat that can blow the ball right out of the stadium (which as stated in an earlier post, are getting shorter). I don't watch a lot of baseball, so honestly, I'm not some anaylst or anything....but ya know, what happened to the line drives and the throw at 2nd - stolen bases? You rarely hear about that stuff.... all you hear about is Bonds or Sosa and homeruns....... or who's Jeter dating... or A-Rods ridiculas salary.

I can't wait until they start testing these guys....... it will be interesting to see if anyone gets caught...:eek:

L:tongue: