Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new york vs london

I too am looking for some stimulating conversation.... SO ~NY vs London huh? Well I have been to both places and IMHO I envy London for the large crowds they pull for a VARIETY of sounds.

Drum and Bass parties PACKED- Breakbeat parties PACKED- Trance-House- etc the list goes on .... they have Top notch DJ"S in every Genre and the parties are full ,as opposed to some 'decent" NYC dj trying to build a "trip hop" party(just an example) and 6 people show up-London has a SOLID base crowd for all types of Dance music- not just the NYC style BS we have here that draws Bridge and Tunnel people`we really have to search too hard to find GOOD parties. When we DO find them, we're usually only 1 of 10 in the room-PROPS TO THE UK for DIVERSITY musically-;)

Of course London is better, however....

New York has something intangible London doesn't have.... potential maybe? No doubt NY was once the capital before the scene died.... it could be the biggest and the best, but its just misguided I think.... i dont know.

For now London has it, hands down.

Originally posted by starshaped

If i knew what i guido was i may warrant you with a reply:laugh:

Back to the post,i've never been to either so i won't comment :tongue:

Oh dear, do we ever have some explaining to do here...

Use your IM's dammit, you need a lesson in American "culture" (or lack thereof...) :tongue:

I don't know.................I just came back from a trip to London last week..................hmmmmm, I can say one thing, people aren't very good looking................sometimes being a guido/guidette is not necessarily a bad thing since they are typically well dressed, well groomed and good looking.................but that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by ou812

I don't know.................I just came back from a trip to London last week..................hmmmmm, I can say one thing, people aren't very good looking................sometimes being a guido/guidette is not necessarily a bad thing since they are typically well dressed, well groomed and good looking.................but that's just my opinion.

what clubs did u go to?

i'm from ny and i love the city, but when i visited London, I have to say the vibe there was hopping. NY is currently trying to find itself, so for the moment, before it does London has the upper hand.

Planning on visiting again in Dec. Dec 12-16 to be exact. Anyone can give me some info on the events going on that weekend?

Originally posted by minneec

i'm from ny and i love the city, but when i visited London, I have to say the vibe there was hopping. NY is currently trying to find itself, so for the moment, before it does London has the upper hand.

Planning on visiting again in Dec. Dec 12-16 to be exact. Anyone can give me some info on the events going on that weekend?

Turnmills:

F r i d a y >>> 13th D e c e m b e r

Fergie, Nick Warren, Joy Kitikonti,

Darren Christian, Alex Anderson.

>>>>Room 2 : Special Needs presents....

Chris Harris, Dave Rowe and Guy Bastable