Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dress-code and hip-hop strike again!

funketeer

Seriously, I have ventured onto Coconut Grove to party for the last time, I will only go there to have dinner or show the tourists around...as a party destination, Coco has been erased from my list.

For the second time in less than a month, last night, I had a bad experience at the Grove. My good friend and progressive tech extraordinaire Andrés Cáceres was booked to play at Oxygen last night, so we headed down there with some twenty friends only to be turned away at the door...because some of us where wearing sneakers...damn!

I know some of you are crusaders of the dress-code policy and I deeply respect your taste for fashion and wanting to be seen all nicely dressed, no problem with that...to each its own.

As it turns out...when Andrés got on the decks, he was asked over and over to play hip-hop...he didn't have any of that...so the club owners called (on-the-phone) a hip-hop dj to come and replace him...he only got to play 45 minutes and was asked to step down.

I don't get it...Oxygen is a very nice place, the design of it and athmosphere are both very cool...yet, the management has no idea of who they're cattering to...it seems to be another case of "I have a lot of money, don't know what to do with it".

We ended up driving back to the beach straight to Lola...the place was jumping with smiley faces. Luckily I ended up having a great time, my friends, some from out of town where all very dissapointed with Coconut Grove and specially with Oxygen...I recomend you stay away from this place, it offers nothing but a headeache.

one-word-review: cheesy

peace out :cool: