Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bad Boy Bill Had A Bad Time

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

Well, he was good at asylum Sat night! Real Good! And with plenty of scratches! Ha

No Shit! Was that the party with AK1200, Steve Smooth (and I cant remember who else).......Was it any good??? I wanted to go up from the city but it was just too far........

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . Umm, dingleberry, you don't put the mixer there . . How are you supposed to scratch properly when its not centered between the decks? . . yeah, its feasible, but you couldn't flip records quickly in that position . . Also, mixing would be a pain in the ass considering its easier, again, when the mixer is in the middle . . . I mean, please now? . . who learns to spin with the mixer in that position . . .

if he is so big time he should have brought his own setup,I mean please now, WHO DOSENT KNOW HOW TO USE A RANE, ITS GOT AN ASSIGNABLE CROSS FADER? I SCRATCH ON MINE ?

Originally posted by fwilso01

No Shit! Was that the party with AK1200, Steve Smooth (and I cant remember who else).......Was it any good??? I wanted to go up from the city but it was just too far........

Yes - Scream 4 - and it was off the hook. Pictures on my site (link in sig)

Originally posted by djteflonjohn

thats what happens when youre a fuckin SHITTY dj who cant use a rane

Not every mixing style happens to go well with a rotary mixer....while theoretically I could mix with one, I'd personally rather do what he did....choppy styles with fast cuts (such as Bad Boy Bill's) tend not to go too well with the rotaries...

Either way, whether or not someone prefers rotary mixers has nothing to do with whether they're a good DJ...would you ask a hip-hop DJ to spin with one, and then if it didn't sound as good, would you call him a shitty DJ?

BTW, I don't see it there, but I have seen BBB perform before with some *extra* equipment, so maybe that had something to do with it. My guess is that he had to move it over so he could hook up his DAT machine (which is kinda cheap, if you ask me)....