Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
cookiegirl

Attn: SnOw BuNnIeS!

Recommended Posts

the high in Austin today is 80 degrees. Looks like I'll be taking the cold front with me though... just checked the weather for the remainder of the week and the high is 60 *lol*

Thank god its going to cool down..... my idea of hell is being forced to wear a bridemaid's dress in 80 degree weather!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! Another winter person on the board!

Hopefully the snow gods are finally smiling on us!! The past couple of seasons have been so bad. I really hope for a repeat of 93-94 (considered one of the greatest snowboarding seasons ever!) or 95-96. Damn it's been a long time since there's been a good snowy winter around here!

Now we just have to get those temps below freezing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from the Farmer's Almanac long-range forecast:

November 2002

1st-3rd. Stormy, with snow over northern regions. Squally rain Mid-Atlantic States. 4th-7th. Cold and dry. 8th-11th. Wet, then fair and cold. Rain Virginia, Maryland, then clearing and colder. 12th-15th. Fair skies. 16th-19th. Some snow Mid-Atlantic States, then fair and cold. Stormy Pennsylvania, New York up to Maine. 20th-23rd. Wet New England, then fair. Rain Mid-Atlantic States, then clearing. 24th-27th. Fair and cold. 28th-30th. A white Thanksgiving? Storms out of the Southwest dump snow Maryland, Virginia northward. Heavy snow — 4 " or more— for much of Northeast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by cookiegirl

from the Farmer's Almanac long-range forecast:

November 2002

1st-3rd. Stormy, with snow over northern regions. Squally rain Mid-Atlantic States. 4th-7th. Cold and dry. 8th-11th. Wet, then fair and cold. Rain Virginia, Maryland, then clearing and colder. 12th-15th. Fair skies. 16th-19th. Some snow Mid-Atlantic States, then fair and cold. Stormy Pennsylvania, New York up to Maine. 20th-23rd. Wet New England, then fair. Rain Mid-Atlantic States, then clearing. 24th-27th. Fair and cold. 28th-30th. A white Thanksgiving? Storms out of the Southwest dump snow Maryland, Virginia northward. Heavy snow — 4 " or more— for much of Northeast.

Where do you find these things?!?!? :eek:

Haha...I find it funny that they call 4" "heavy snow". When I first moved here (Baltimore) 4 years ago, I used to laugh when there'd be traffic jams and school closings for like 2" snow!

But now, I think I've kinda gotten used to warm weather! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by crank47

Yay! Another winter person on the board!

Hopefully the snow gods are finally smiling on us!! The past couple of seasons have been so bad. I really hope for a repeat of 93-94 (considered one of the greatest snowboarding seasons ever!) or 95-96. Damn it's been a long time since there's been a good snowy winter around here!

Now we just have to get those temps below freezing...

Stop praying for snow - we've gotta drive out of here on Friday! :mad:

And can I just say I'm so glad I'm moving to Cali - just in time to miss another miserable winter here????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by malanee

Stop praying for snow - we've gotta drive out of here on Friday! :mad:

And can I just say I'm so glad I'm moving to Cali - just in time to miss another miserable winter here????

Yeah, but you'll be 2 hours from Lake Tahoe! :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×