Clubplanet Nightlife Community

scene switch - ny to boston. . .

brandie

i'm gonna be living in boston next year . . . i'm very heavily into the new york club scene, i'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction of good clubs, etc. in the boston area?

thanx

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen

dancing were thought to

be insane by those who

could not hear the music."

Hi Brandie,

Avalon is def. the club in Boston...but if you're a die hard NY clubber you'll like Friday's better...Thur are great, don't get me wrong, the resident DJ is awesome, but Fridays is rotating DJ's...JP once a month, Oakenfold every 3 months, this Fri is Dave Ralph, Nick Warren, Denny Cheezeball (he's not that bad for 2 hrs.) Tall Paul, Kimball Collins, Digweed, DJ Dan, Richie Santana..all these are within the past 6 months...

You'll have fun once you get over the 2am closing time- when I moved back from NJ it took me 4 months to go out in Boston, but now I love it!!

Kara

I went to school for 4.5 years in Boston and am from Long Island near the Hamptons. First, Boston has some really great people, some cool spots but, do not go there expecting anything. Go there, go out and form your own opinion of the city. It has alot to ffer but, is no means anything like NYC. Afterhours is found in apartments all over the city and don't even think THOSE will go past 9 or 10AM. I love it there, in fact just got back from a great weekend up there. Roxy is cool on Saturday's, Avalon too...one thing you won't find in Boston is huge juicers running around with no shirts or beaters. But, enjoy.....if you need any kind of <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guestlists</A> email me and I can get you in touch with my friends that all promote!

~ROMEO~

• 3 weeks later...

hey brandie,

we've discussed much on the NyC board together, and lemme tell you. the clubs in Boston don't even COMPARE to NyC clubs (obviously).

first off, clubs close at 2 am! ridiculous. i usually get to clubs at that time here. i must admit that they do get a good share of solid, big name DJs, which is definitely a good thing.

but different vibe there than NyC. but whaddya expect? boston is in their own league, and so is NyC. but the post above, about not expecting anything, is the way to go. if i just look to dance a lil bit and have a good time, it'll be accomplished.

so overall, b-town holds its own, but can't compare apples and oranges.

ps. clubs are tiny! axis' main dance floor is the size of the wave in staten island, if you've been there (a small rave space).

have fun, too bad you are moving out! hey, you heading over to twilo anytime soon! i will be there for carl cox, would love to meet! wink.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Archived