Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Do You Stay In Shape?!?!?

Mystify

Diet? Cardio? Lift weights? Combination? Starve yourself? (a lot of my stupid friends do....)

I'm just curious because I'm gettin frustrated with my same old routine.... I'm sick of forcing myself to eat GRILLED CHICKEN, EGGWHITES, BALANCE BARS, etc.... I feel like I restrict myself too much during the week, so when I slip, I really SLIP.......:tongue:

ALso -- For some reason (maybe the cold weather) I have NO motivation for going to the gym lately.... :(

So guys please enlighten me, inform me, and maybe I'll feel empowered to back on track!!!!

:isok::whip2:

me too!!! I am sick of eating Zone Perfect bars, myoplex lite shakes, eggwhites, boca burgers, grilled chicken....the routine is the same OVER AND OVER....I mean throw an alternative to mix this up PUHLEASE!!!!!!!!

Also...besides the point, what type of vitamins does everyone take?? I have been taking Vitamin C ( b/c I have low calcium) and L Carntine...can anyone recommend a GOODDDDDDD multi vitamin??

Love ya:)

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

me too!!! I am sick of eating Zone Perfect bars, myoplex lite shakes, eggwhites, boca burgers, grilled chicken....the routine is the same OVER AND OVER....I mean throw an alternative to mix this up PUHLEASE!!!!!!!!

Also...besides the point, what type of vitamins does everyone take?? I have been taking Vitamin C ( b/c I have low calcium) and L Carntine...can anyone recommend a GOODDDDDDD multi vitamin??

Love ya:)

:laugh: :laugh: I KNOW exactly what you're talking about with those damn boca burgers... they should really be outlawed or something -- NO MORE!!!! :mad:

I'm also in lazy-mode right so the LAST thing I want to do is have to cook....... so I usually just don't eat, or eat something shitty.....

I need easy things that are good for you, too~ I would answer myself and say Lean Cuisine or SmartOnes but they have WAY TOO MUCH SODIUM :nono:

As for a multivitamin..... I take centrum ~ more complete from a to zinc with antioxidants~

help me guys come on

See that's the thing..... I KNOW how to eat good, I'm just sick of the same old stuff....

You should basically try to balance out your protein and carbs, I know theres all this shit about low carbs, blah blah, but it's best to get some of both.... See what works for you. Try to stay away from high fat and sugary foods.... It's good if you can eat smaller meals throughout the day, instead of 3 big ones.... The best proteins are grilled chicken, eggwhites, protein shakes/bars, low-fat turkey meat, low fat cheese, VERY lean beef, beans..... good carbs are brown rice, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta, light wheat bread, vegetables, fruit..........

See I know all this shit, but I want some new ideas....... :(

THINK GOD I HAVE A HIGH METABOLISM, because i can eat what ever i want and not gain a pound. I started working out with weights and noticed i was losing weight:confused: :confused:

i don't understand.

the only thing i do is drink lots of water to keep my skin looking good!!!

Originally posted by geechie

THINK GOD I HAVE A HIGH METABOLISM, because i can eat what ever i want and not gain a pound. I started working out with weights and noticed i was losing weight:confused: :confused:

i don't understand.

the only thing i do is drink lots of water to keep my skin looking good!!!

You're losing weight because (when you lift weights) your body has more solid muscle... and muscle burns more calories when you're body is at its resting rate..... get it.. it's making your metabolism even faster..... second.. if you want to actually put on some muscle tone, you should eat more and keep lifting.....

AND NO NEED TO RUB IN OUR FACES "THANK GOD blah blah blah, NOT GAIN A POUND...." GRRRR :mad:

jk but i really am jealous

i am so lazy in the fall!! My major in school is exercise science.. so even if i feel lazy i am forced to work out in school.. honestly that is really the only time i have been working out.. i did get this really good video though.. its called quick fix.. its a dvd and it is broken up into abs,buns arms and legs.. each workout is 10 mins.. but you can peice them together however you want.. this way if i only have 10.. i can do something quick.. or peice them together for 90 mins.. i got it at target.. i am sure you can find it in most stores.. oh it has a web site on the box..

www.currentwellness.com

............................... :idea: ...........................

this video is sounding more and more appealing -- don't have to leave the house in the cold -- can do it in shorter time periods -- does it require any props??? weights, step things, etc???

we have some old skool videos in my house -- like the paula abdul work out and some buns of steel shit lol -- not so much feelin those though :)

Originally posted by mystify82281

............................... :idea: ...........................

we have some old skool videos in my house -- like the paula abdul work out and some buns of steel shit lol -- not so much feelin those though :)

oh yea...I got MTV's The Grind daily work-wit hosted by Eric Niles on tape

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

i take centrum too, and an extra vitamin C and E :)

for workouts, i joined curves--that 30min workout for women? they prolly have them in NY--they are AWESOME. only 30mins and it is cardio and resistance circuit training.

as for eating right, i need tips on that too :(

Thanks for the vitamin info...I go to Cruves too...I lvoe it...its such a great workout for your body:D The only thing thats weird is some of the people there, I feel like the only "normal" one...:laugh: the rest of them are either overweight old ladies or the "I wear my 233948958 Karat ring to the gym and have a perfect tan"moms:blank:

Dkny -- Next time i am home, can i come as a guest with you??? i really want to check curves out.......

As for Eric Nies --- HE IS ONE HOT TAMALE!!!!! Although I saw him on Ricki Lake a while ago (Ricki set him and Anna Nicole Smith up on a date!!! ) :laugh: he looked MAD OLD!!!!

Anyways, I'm going to TRY to get up early tomorrow and work out before my class..... we'll see if that works ;)

~Mystify~

Dkny -- Next time i am home, can i come as a guest with you??? i really want to check curves out.......

As for Eric Nies --- HE IS ONE HOT TAMALE!!!!! Although I saw him on Ricki Lake a while ago (Ricki set him and Anna Nicole Smith up on a date!!! ) :laugh: he looked MAD OLD!!!!

Anyways, I'm going to TRY to get up early tomorrow and work out before my class..... we'll see if that works ;)

~Mystify~

Abs of Steel is a REALLY good video for you...It definitely hurts you...My sister & i are hooked on it. There's also something called Pilates & i noticed a difference in my abs within 3 weeks & that's what they said it would take...As for me, I honestly don't eat the way i should...I like to eat the way I used to (before i started working out), but a little bit more healthy now..I love grilled chicken ceasar salads, pasta before i go clubbin...a good meal is angel hair in pesto sauce with shrimp...Other than that, I just switch up my workout every week so i'm not bored with going to the gym..

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

Thanks for the vitamin info...I go to Cruves too...I lvoe it...its such a great workout for your body:D The only thing thats weird is some of the people there, I feel like the only "normal" one...:laugh: the rest of them are either overweight old ladies or the "I wear my 233948958 Karat ring to the gym and have a perfect tan"moms:blank:

lol, i hear ya...i get up in the AM and go at like 8:30 when they open, so it is pretty dead, and i escape that...but i love the fact that i am done in 30mins!!!

i forgot, i also take glucosamine & chondratin for my joints/bones, etc...

i just thought of a couple more things:

i love curves b/c it is just for women too--no havin to worry about being "checked out"--you can just get the workout done, lol

also, i heard the windsor pilates video is an awesome one to get...thinking of ordering it myself...

and, mystify, remember when you used to do those old workout videos and they would LIE?? like,

video person: "OK, just 4 more reps now!...and 3 more, and 2 more, and 1 more, and...5 MORE!!"

me: *panting* d*mmit! sh*t!....etc.

:laugh:

:idea: exactly!!! and after the third or 4th time they lied and made me do extra reps, i would give up and go make a sandwich or something :laugh:

:laugh: soooo true -- those damn instructors were always lyin!!!!

i gotta try pilates... i hear so much about them..... especially that they're hard!!!!

i'm gonig to go do some push ups and sit ups before i go out tonight... maybe that'll make me feel better for skipping the gym?!?!?! :confused:

:idea: exactly!!! and after the third or 4th time they lied and made me do extra reps, i would give up and go make a sandwich or something :laugh:

:laugh: soooo true -- those damn instructors were always lyin!!!!

i gotta try pilates... i hear so much about them..... especially that they're hard!!!!

i'm gonig to go do some push ups and sit ups before i go out tonight... maybe that'll make me feel better for skipping the gym?!?!?! :confused: