Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need equipment list to start on beat producing..

rek

don't make the mistake of buying a shit-load of hardware. All you need is...

PropellerHead Reason 2 (bad ass software virtual studio)

A fast computer

A good multi channel sound card

A good set of reference monitors (Mackie HR824's are the BOMB!)

A 8 track (or better) mixing board

Sonic Foundry Sound Forge (for sample creation and manipulation)

Midi controller Keyboard

The above setup will cost you about $3,000.

Once you get comfortable with creating, you can start buying things like compressors, fx processors, sound modules and synths.

I know it might sound pricey, but you'll spend 3 times as much to accomplish the same with a hardware based setup. (believe me, I did.)

Good Luck,

M@

Definitely pointed in the wrong direction, but then again this is an argument that could never end. It's all all about personal taste. If you want to get a synth I suggest you run over to Mars and listen to some of the sounds. Plus they are going out of business so you can probably get a good deal on some gear. Most people I know who do hip hop usually have an MPC laying around, though I'm not really fond of them. As far as sound Forge goes, yeah it's a decent program to have, but you will probably want to go more in depth. The easiest and chepest way to start playing around with music is to hack yourself a copy of Sonic Foundry Acid Pro, and either by some loops or download some loops and start playing around. It's a real easy program and just about anyone could make a song with it.

Cubase SX, Reason2, a shitload of plugins and a good ASIO2 soundcard with low latency is about all you need. Add to that a fast computer and midi interface and you'll be set ... no matter what type of electronic music you want to produce.

Check this link for a rough mix of a tune I did using just the stuff listed above -->

http://www.boosted.com/unite.ram