Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha report

revaluation

dancing wise, last week was better, trust is way to samll, we were packed like mofo's in there all night, but i still managed to run around all night long

shit, i got my compnay stand up meeting that i have to go

back in a few...but music wise i think it was as good as NY, and much more intimate, they put the dj booth right on the dance floor so he was very close to everyone, he seemed to really enjoy himself last night, very concentrated on his mixing, had 2 encores, he did smile and started jumping up and down when he was finishing his set up, got an ADD cd which i gave to friend and he signed a t-shirt whioch is somewhere ion my car

Originally posted by vicman

great dc cp turnout

TRACKS!!!! I NEED TRACKS!!!! Sleepers - Fisbone? King Unique - Sugar High? Darko v Greed - Different Danger? Steve Porter - Nordica? Debo v Porter - Deported? Lemon 8 - NY, NY? Yunus - Euphrates?

Ahhhhhh...damn you Sasha...burned again.

Originally posted by revaluation

TRACKS!!!! I NEED TRACKS!!!! Sleepers - Fisbone? King Unique - Sugar High? Darko v Greed - Different Danger? Steve Porter - Nordica? Debo v Porter - Deported? Lemon 8 - NY, NY? Yunus - Euphrates?

dude, ur talking to wrong guy here, maybe ravermania i.d some i need to start to learn how to spin so i can i.d tracks better.

i met a guy from the GU board there last night who's into dj'ing, sent me his cd last week, so i'll see if he i.d. anything. guy was wearing a computer monitor on his head

told you so :tongue:

whatever....he prolly looked down at the CP people and was like, "Oh, Brian's not here....now I can play all the good jams..."

At Buzz, "oh wait, there's Brian, I guess I'll go on an hour late, play an hour of breaks and then follow PvD's tracklisting from a year ago...."

screw you Alex!

it's ok, I have his KissFM set burned...I'll just play that really lound in my head phones and pretend I was there....:(

Originally posted by revaluation

Tim Skinner played a Jori Hulkkonnen (sorry for the spelling, I don't remember the correct one) *dub* of Telepopmusik - Breathe.. Same exact song, but without the "Just breathe" vocal.

Sasha started his set with a whitelabel that had "Circulation" written on it - not sure what it was exactly. Very nice song though. More songs:

Dr. Kucho - The Chase

Syntax - Pray

Underworld - Dinosaur Adventure 3D

James Holden - Nothing (93 returning mix)

Sasha's own Bloodlock (to much cheering and jumping around )

Sasha and Junkie XL's Beauty Never Fades

.. and a couple more im forgetting.. anyone willing to add anything?

Tim Skinner played a Jori Hulkkonnen (sorry for the spelling, I don't remember the correct one) *dub* of Telepopmusik - Breathe.. Same exact song, but without the "Just breathe" vocal.

Sasha started his set with a whitelabel that had "Circulation" written on it - not sure what it was exactly. Very nice song though. More songs:

Dr. Kucho - The Chase

Syntax - Pray

Underworld - Dinosaur Adventure 3D

James Holden - Nothing (93 returning mix)

Sasha's own Bloodlock (to much cheering and jumping around )

Sasha and Junkie XL's Beauty Never Fades

.. and a couple more im forgetting.. anyone willing to add anything?

The Circulation song is "Silver" , brand new from those guys.

I wouldve flipped to hear "Nothing" (as included on my Sept. promo )

"Pray" has the "Moody" (Futureshock mix) sounding bassline with the male vocal (there's a instr. too)...

Funny he played his stuff....most don't do it unless it's their remix or something....

More! More!...thanks Vic ;)

i met a guy from the GU board there last night who's into dj'ing, sent me his cd last week, so i'll see if he i.d. anything. guy was wearing a computer monitor on his head

LOL! so he's from the GU board? Vic i heard you say GU but i was thinking to myself.....this doesnt look right! Johnathan was right, if you slapped his moniter he probably wouldn feel it! The bastard also refused to let me push the buttons on his joystick! lol, the guy had all sorts of junk duct taped to his body and for his cod piece he had an actual joystick there! Thanks for the drink vic, your's and that random girl really helped make things a bit more tolerable last night. I still can't believe some girl offered to buy my drink. apparently, you can't buy any drinks with a credit card unless it's $15 +. So i was gonna walk away but the girl nx to me said" i'll buy your drink for you, that way my tab would be a bit over $15." so in the end we both win!

ok time to bitch! i got there around....8:10 and waited till 9 for the doors to open! im glad i brought my jacket with me. or else i wouldve had to have them defrosted somehow. when I did get inside, the upstairs was closed off. I was told that tim skinner brought in his own mixer and they the system was still being reconfigured. 20 mins late the main room opens and the volume is turned way down. sounded like deep progressive classical music. it was quite romantic!hah! I'd say that Tim skinner did one helluva job opening. great tracks and mixing. It would be intresting to see tim skinner and jimmy van m go head to head. So 10 o'clock rolls by and still no sasha. That was to be expected. so the welsh bastard steps in with a "hey-im-late-but-you-guys-love-me-anyway" look on his face. It was hard to enjoy sasha's set since i was looking for space the whole time.>:o(. other then that he had a great track selection. im glad that they pushed things a bit past 2. i was expecting it to shutdown at 1:45 as usual.

anyway, it was great to see you cp heads out last night. it's always a fun time:D . merkie, i still can't believe that girl walked by and grabbed your ass and made it known. just as you were complaining about some other girl grabbing your ass, that girl decided to give you a complimentray ass grabbing! enjoy!

Originally posted by spinsaikel

. merkie, i still can't believe that girl walked by and grabbed your ass and made it known. just as you were complaining about some other girl grabbing your ass, that girl decided to give you a complimentray ass grabbing! enjoy!

damn, i missed that one :(:tongue:

:

Fluke - "Hang Tough"

Depeche Mode - "Dream On" (Unknown Mix)

Sasha - "Bloodlock" (Unknown Mix)

Spooky - "Belong" (Vocal Club Mix)

Sasha - "Cloud Cuckoo"

Sasha - "Magnetic North"

Dark Suite featuring Aura - "Dark Sweet Piano" (Dr. Kucho Weekend Mix)

James Holden - "Nothing" (93 Returning Mix)

Underworld - Unknown

Junkie XL - "Breezer"

Dot Allison - "We're Only Science" (Slam Mix)

Spooky-Belong

Sasha-Magnetic North

Sasha-Cloud Cuckoo

Junkie XL-Breezer

Dot Allison-We Are Only Science

Originally posted by hotcheme

yeah but in the end i was so happy with his set. such a good time....

i love sasha. :)

i was reading somewhere, maybe on the review in the NY board, one of the many comments on how much better he was back in the twilo days (which annoy me btw), but i guess on one thing i do agree, is that he was here so much more back then, that he could experiment more.

i hope he decides to to get a residency, maybe a bi-monthly, or quarterly sometime soon in NY, that way he could play a greater variety of music when he's there.

i was reading somewhere, maybe on the review in the NY board, one of the many comments on how much better he was back in the twilo days (which annoy me btw), but i guess on one thing i do agree, is that he was here so much more back then, that he could experiment more.

i hope he decides to to get a residency, maybe a bi-monthly, or quarterly sometime soon in NY, that way he could play a greater variety of music when he's there.

ohhhhhhhh that would be soooo good. :drool:

Originally posted by spinsaikel

Johnathan was right, if you slapped his moniter he probably wouldn feel it! The bastard also refused to let me push the buttons on his joystick! lol, the guy had all sorts of junk duct taped to his body and for his cod piece he had an actual joystick there!

anyway, it was great to see you cp heads out last night. it's always a fun time:D . merkie, i still can't believe that girl walked by and grabbed your ass and made it known. just as you were complaining about some other girl grabbing your ass, that girl decided to give you a complimentray ass grabbing! enjoy!

He let me grab his joystick...j/k

I must just have a really nice ass...lol Totally kidding, but it sure felt like it at Trust. Funny that both times it was a girl!

Way too crowded on the main floor so we finally evacuated to the 2nd floor where it was a little better.

Oh...I had the best pickup line ever used on me when up stairs...ready for this one?

Some guy came up to me and asked if I was as horny as he was. I laughed in his face and said no. I wonder how long it took him to think of that one (I was dressed up as a devil for Halloween). And even funnier was that he had a kilt on!

nx time i see you merkie, i'll tell you if you have a nice ass or not. but you have to abide by my rules though.....:) thursday night was really packed. When I looked down from the balcony, it looked like a sea of meat. I was just thinking to myself, what if all those people were pigs, this would be funny. and im not sure where I am going with this. but anyway, hopefully nx time around sasha will be at a bigger venue.