Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
whadupg

Have fun this weekend.....

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by kaydup

So how was it:confused:

:bits:

Ahhhhh, you tell us how it was and you tell us how it was now :D

Cox was freaking awesome Saturday. Totally not what I expected, but still great (though a little bomb-dropping-ish, but who cares).

sooooooooo, how was Canada, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canada can be summed up in one word, "Interesting"

From start to finish it was interesting. I really want to write a review but I don't know if I can.

My mind is mush:drool:

I will think about writing a review.

I will say this, anyone who speaks French sucks, and they can have there club Stupid Sex and the other cheesy ones in my opinion.

Super Sex tracklisting for the few drinks we were there:

dark beat

safe from harm

cherry pie

thunderstruck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok ok. Left early Friday, we must have went through every form of weather there is up there. Were pretty out of it by the time we finally hit our hotel;) ;) .

Checked in and changed and got some beer for the hotel and then hit a bar. Hung there and the girl bartenders were pushing Sona on us. So everyone is like lets go there and then Aria or Stereo. I was strongly advised to stay away from Stereo on a Friday though. So I am like whatever, we will figure it out.

So more drinking and what not. Back to the hotel and party and get ready. Hit Super sex and then a bar till about 2 then back and changed then a few of us got sick of waiting and bailed to Sona. Very interesting club, the down stairs is all hip-hop then upstairs was banging out beats with their opener. Found out Micro is there, now I really want to leave. But we stayed planing of heading out to Slater by 5:30.

But if the night went on and those damn bleachers got the best of me and I wasn't moving at all;) . When I did move it involved much planning, and I wasn't playing the find everyone game and get them out of there. So we left there probably 8 or later and went back and crashed for 2 hours.

Sona is a cool place, just way too many candy ravers, and Canada has a blatant dissrespect for glowsticks. Just fuckos running around waving them. I used some kids for a few minutes and they thought I was God:laugh: But my ears were ringing when we left there. And fucking Micro not only played shinny disco balls once, but the fuck played it twice. A lot of funny things went on this night, that I can not dissclose on a messageboard!

Got up ate, and went drinking. Hung around the hotel and boozed and partied. Went out at like 11 to bars then hit Aria at 2:30. The opener was banging in there, no clue what his name was but his set was great, this guy was going nuts in the booth. Just a set full of energy. Then finally Lawler came on at 4:30 and just went right at it and hard, great set, sick videos and lights. Sorry I have zero tracks to give you people, maybe they will come back to me. Just a good night all around. Went back to the hotel showered and hit the road at 10 got back to Boston by 3, got home in 4 hrs thank god the cop in NH didn't pull me over as I went by going 100 mph. Went home and slept till today.

Overall, very interesting time. Dont' like the french, never eating BK again as long as I live. Hate the fact that there money is in a lot of damn coins. Very very cold there. I think that is it. Oh yeah the bitch tried to charge us for 7 movies on Sat during the day. I flipped out on her, I mean come on how the fuck are we going to watch 7 movies in one day, we were not even there you dumb frenchie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kaydup

Ok ok. Left early Friday, we must have went through every form of weather there is up there. Were pretty out of it by the time we finally hit our hotel;) ;) .

Checked in and changed and got some beer for the hotel and then hit a bar. Hung there and the girl bartenders were pushing Sona on us. So everyone is like lets go there and then Aria or Stereo. I was strongly advised to stay away from Stereo on a Friday though. So I am like whatever, we will figure it out.

So more drinking and what not. Back to the hotel and party and get ready. Hit Super sex and then a bar till about 2 then back and changed then a few of us got sick of waiting and bailed to Sona. Very interesting club, the down stairs is all hip-hop then upstairs was banging out beats with their opener. Found out Micro is there, now I really want to leave. But we stayed planing of heading out to Slater by 5:30.

But if the night went on and those damn bleachers got the best of me and I wasn't moving at all;) . When I did move it involved much planning, and I wasn't playing the find everyone game and get them out of there. So we left there probably 8 or later and went back and crashed for 2 hours.

Sona is a cool place, just way too many candy ravers, and Canada has a blatant dissrespect for glowsticks. Just fuckos running around waving them. I used some kids for a few minutes and they thought I was God:laugh: But my ears were ringing when we left there. And fucking Micro not only played shinny disco balls once, but the fuck played it twice. A lot of funny things went on this night, that I can not dissclose on a messageboard!

Got up ate, and went drinking. Hung around the hotel and boozed and partied. Went out at like 11 to bars then hit Aria at 2:30. The opener was banging in there, no clue what his name was but his set was great, this guy was going nuts in the booth. Just a set full of energy. Then finally Lawler came on at 4:30 and just went right at it and hard, great set, sick videos and lights. Sorry I have zero tracks to give you people, maybe they will come back to me. Just a good night all around. Went back to the hotel showered and hit the road at 10 got back to Boston by 3, got home in 4 hrs thank god the cop in NH didn't pull me over as I went by going 100 mph. Went home and slept till today.

Overall, very interesting time. Dont' like the french, never eating BK again as long as I live. Hate the fact that there money is in a lot of damn coins. Very very cold there. I think that is it. Oh yeah the bitch tried to charge us for 7 movies on Sat during the day. I flipped out on her, I mean come on how the fuck are we going to watch 7 movies in one day, we were not even there you dumb frenchie

haha! nice review. yeah, the french can suck as does BK. good thing you got out of hefty speeding ticket man.

so, you watch all 7 movies yet? :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so did anyone go to Cox on saturday? everyone who went to roxy on thursday said he was great

i didntn do much this weekend. i watched football for about 12 hours straight on saturday.... went to dinner wtih my bf - who then got mad at me cuz i made us sit at the bar so i could watch the game (hehehe :D)

i was gonna go to PVD,but my pockets couldnt hang with theh $50 price tix! but i think i amgonna go tonight\-- $10 at ARC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nycchic24

so did anyone go to Cox on saturday? everyone who went to roxy on thursday said he was great

i didntn do much this weekend. i watched football for about 12 hours straight on saturday.... went to dinner wtih my bf - who then got mad at me cuz i made us sit at the bar so i could watch the game (hehehe :D)

i was gonna go to PVD,but my pockets couldnt hang with theh $50 price tix! but i think i amgonna go tonight\-- $10 at ARC!

i went to cox, posted somewhere on here about it. great as usual. save your $ with PVD and see for $10!! good idea.

now that is vierd. your BOY gets frustrated with YOU watching football at a bar! i luv it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well d:Rew, sounds like a just barely memorable weekend in Montreal... as it should be! The residents (or whoever does warm-up sets) in Aria seem to be just amazing. When we went there for Terry Francis the guy who took over after him was unreal. It's like they just come out of nowhere and blow the place up, it's awesome.

I wish you went to see slater only because I've never heard anyone review his sets. I'm really curious as to what he'd sound like playing out in a club. Guess I'll have to wait until next time he comes around and hear for myself!

Sue, I Cox was awesome here in Boston. Set the tone for a really, really fun night! Next time he's in NYC you've gotta catch him... leave PVD for the masses!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Well d:Rew, sounds like a just barely memorable weekend in Montreal... as it should be! The residents (or whoever does warm-up sets) in Aria seem to be just amazing. When we went there for Terry Francis the guy who took over after him was unreal. It's like they just come out of nowhere and blow the place up, it's awesome.

I wish you went to see slater only because I've never heard anyone review his sets. I'm really curious as to what he'd sound like playing out in a club. Guess I'll have to wait until next time he comes around and hear for myself!

Sue, I Cox was awesome here in Boston. Set the tone for a really, really fun night! Next time he's in NYC you've gotta catch him... leave PVD for the masses!

We will get to hear Slater Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah if it wasnt for a damn thursday night i would have gone to Cox at roxy... (too much work to go into work on friday zombied out) but PVD for $10 is def the deal of the century.

and yeah my bf isnt that big into sports.. especially football. i was watching the game and he was telling me some story.. and then he got all mad "you aren't listening to me"! :mad: ooops (but i really was! ;) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nycchic24

yeah if it wasnt for a damn thursday night i would have gone to Cox at roxy... (too much work to go into work on friday zombied out) but PVD for $10 is def the deal of the century.

and yeah my bf isnt that big into sports.. especially football. i was watching the game and he was telling me some story.. and then he got all mad "you aren't listening to me"! :mad: ooops (but i really was! ;) )

that's too funny! it's almost a prereq. for me before i date a guy! do you like sports and music? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kaydup

Slater is at Axis Friday

Yeah they have a nice line-up this entire month :D

Sux though - Since I couldn't get up to Montreal I was siked when I saw that Slater would be here the weekend after. Course then I find out I'm going to be in DC this weekend so I'll miss him anyways :(

And nice review of the weekend in Montreal :D Bunch of my friends went up and said it was a crazy weekend - the boys were pretty happy with the frenchies they saw though (ones without clothes anyways) ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by whadupg

Yeah they have a nice line-up this entire month :D

Sux though - Since I couldn't get up to Montreal I was siked when I saw that Slater would be here the weekend after. Course then I find out I'm going to be in DC this weekend so I'll miss him anyways :(

And nice review of the weekend in Montreal :D Bunch of my friends went up and said it was a crazy weekend - the boys were pretty happy with the frenchies they saw though (ones without clothes anyways) ;)

Your friends were there when I was, and I didn't see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kaydup

Hmmmm didn't meet anyone else from Boston there

4 guys/2 girls most of them from MA - 2 from NH -both girls are pretty, dirty-blond one shoulder length hair and one pretty long hair - one of the guys are pretty big - no necked bouncer kind-of big with brown hair - another of the guys is only about 5' 4" with blond tips. Other two are average height/builds one very light brown one dark brown hair. Any sightings???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×