Clubplanet Nightlife Community

fucking college

I don't understand why people had such a hard time their first year in college...it was far by my easiest year. My junior year was the worst, writing 3 20-page papers in one semester was not unheard of, and the pressure to choose what to do after college comes up also...this is my last year,and I have both easy and hard classes to finish up, but think that it's a bit easier since you're almost out, but also very difficult since you'll have to decide what/where/how to shape your life after school...just hang in there.

i would have 2 agree with the ppl who think that college isnt that difficult in the first year....basic classes are elementary and simply redefine what you learned in high school into one semester. sum ppl went 2 small high schools and then college might seem like an alternate world, but ppl should focus on their studies and there would be no problem. since i did horribly in high school (cutting, not givin a fu*k, etc...), i decided it was time to focus on what is important - skewl.....even though i dont put more than 50% of my capability into it (laziness, lol)...i still find time to generate a GPA of 3.84, :D

Originally posted by PFloyd40

to all the people saying first year is the hardest..

your all nuts, speaking from my own experiences at least..

this year so far is easily the toughest i've had... freshmen year you take all core bs classes for the most part, and they're easy... as the years pass you generally need to get an internship somewhere on top of work, making things harder.. then by the time senior year comes, you have recruiting and a tough load to deal w/...

so true. i still didn't do as well as i should've freshman year but that was cuz i was still in my rebellious teen phase. now that that's over, i'm making up for it this year working my ass off to do well. i'm three times more productive, and 5 times as busy but surprisingly, it feels great to do something important. but anyways, i'm sure i'll be ready to shoot myself once spring comes and i need to find an internship for the summer or something.

College wasnt "all that" at first..... but the longer you stay, the more you get to appreciate it. Why do you think so many people go to grad school? And I'm not talking about the dorks or the 'love of learning' (nor do I mean to imply that these are one and the same, lack of time dictates poor diction in this case) people, I mean really personable, charismatic people that could make it with or without grad school.

There are so many benefits that college provides for you while you are there that these people want to hang on to that for as long as they can. You're taking it for granted now, but at work you'd never learn anything else, never meet anyone new, and never do anything different.