Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Check this out: Extasy might not be BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dgmodel

all the truth and facts i wanted to know about medicine and health from a dj msg board... wooo hoo.. whos the mod doogie howser??? i meant there is no dr.'s or tests documented anywhere except for where i said... ecstacy sites and raver forums... yah bananna... listen believe what you want... (maybe this is the Y2K version of natural selection... well lets hope)

(FYI if it was a real tested conducted or experiments performed it would be documented in medical journals and there would tons of info on it... not just on some random ass forum... where the bias is towards the legalization and promotion of drug abuse)

i cant believe you baited me to reply again. i already said it was a review paper, not a research study. i dont even know why im posting again.

you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about

go to pubmed or medline (if you even know what that is). pubmed is a search engine run by the national institutes of health, which controls all federal funding for biological and medical research. if you look up mdma or ecstasy youll get 1000+ hits, all from peer-reviewed journals or conferences. there has been a lot of research on mdma, just not nearly enough.

try doing your fucking homework before you spout off bullshit about things you dont understand.

just because you dont give a fuck about finding out what is there doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

let me say this..everybody is always defending thier fav drug.. trust me on this.. i hear it all the time.

People who are pot heads say ..i don't do drugs.. i just smoke pot/

People who like Mushrooms say ..its ok its from nature.

People who like acid say its natural and after all it was made to cure the migraine headache and its feels more natural.

I mean i could go on..

These people if you tell them you like E they start shooting you with advice.. you should smoke pot instead, do some mushrooms, or join us form some cid. because E puts holes in your brain.

I am like WHAT!!!

So I am off to defend my drug too.. Dam it.

Its all so ridiculous.

ITS all drugs,..its all bad for you.

I say its all about prefrence.

i happen to like some.. hey.

After all When i was preg.. i went to the doc.. he asked me about my habits. ..do you smoke pot? I am like hell no but i volunteered some other habits.

I don't know i expressed fears he seemed ok with it all.. He was liek as long its not pot, herion , or crack.

I am not an advocate for anything.. i just notice these things about society.

Originally posted by dgmodel

because its bs... i searched and searched and there isnt any record of any of these events or ppl except on ecstacy sites and raver forums... kinda like that urban legend with that ceo of nintendo saying that pacman line...

ya, but the government is going to provide funding for a study to prove that extasy isn't harmful and that's where most of the money comes from for studies like this... and if they don't find what the government wants, guess what, they don't get more funding.. that's why it's so hard to find people who's studies go against the commonly held beliefs... not x does or doesn't cause problems, just that these studies ran by the government are suspect

• 2 years later...

i didn't read anything on this topic, but i remember that peter jennings special where some research was done not too long ago i think within the past 2 yrs and they said E aint as bad as goverment said b4, The study found that it dont cause brain damage, u dont die from it, and u lowers ur seratonine but after stop using ur seratonine levels go back up after 3 months i think. Thats all i remember (someone prolly posted this already sorry i hate reading lol)

I don't know about the article starting this thread, but it is true that (1) the "studies" showing E to "permanently alter" the brain were based on two different individual case studies (that means TWO people who OD'd on SOMETHING, not necessarily ecstasy, had autopsies and they based all info on those acute cases, claiming that "long term effects" would be the same) and (2) there are currently psychiatry trials using ecstasy for people suffering post-traumatic stress disorder.

http://www.maps.org/media/adaw.html

i didn't read anything on this topic, but i remember that peter jennings special where some research was done not too long ago i think within the past 2 yrs and they said E aint as bad as goverment said b4, The study found that it dont cause brain damage, u dont die from it, and u lowers ur seratonine but after stop using ur seratonine levels go back up after 3 months i think. Thats all i remember (someone prolly posted this already sorry i hate reading lol)

I saw the same show, and the us government studies were done on people who were not tested before the study, and that the conclusion were all questionable. Then the German government did a study on it, and came to the results are you said, that when on MDMA your damaging your seratonine gland, but after 3 months off, your gland returns to normal with a 0-3% total damage depending on usage.

When it comes down to anything a person does, they should know their own bodies and limitations. Anything done in excess could be dangerous