Clubplanet Nightlife Community

shiny hair products!!suggestions

colonia

what product is real good for obvious hair shine & silkiness?(that i can get in a drugstore)

i see a lot of girls have silky hair but i dont know what they use for that effect.

i have used thermasilk shine tonic but it doesn't do much.

anything better on the market?

:confused:

I use this stuff called "Blonde Glow Glistening Spray" and I like it a lot!!!! I'm not 100% blonde, but it looks great on my highlights....

I think you can get it in drugstores, but get it at my salon.....

hmmmm eggwhites for hair?!?!?! wow eggwhites are pretty multi-useful huh?!?!? :laugh:

For this question, I want to hear what Misk has to say, she IS a hair stylist....... :D

..i like biosilk products.......also a great spray is ABBA mica....it's a shine spray and never made my hair look greasy.....but great shine......biolage also makes a nice shine spray.....a lot of times shampoos like pantene will give u the shine u want...however they accomplish this by adding a lot of buildup on the hair......

...basically ...and shine spray and or smoothing polish will work....find one that works well with your hair.....always start with a small amount....u can add more if needed...but u don't wanna be a greaseball and have to shampoo and straighten again!

Originally posted by misk

..i like biosilk products.......also a great spray is ABBA mica....it's a shine spray and never made my hair look greasy.....but great shine......biolage also makes a nice shine spray.....a lot of times shampoos like pantene will give u the shine u want...however they accomplish this by adding a lot of buildup on the hair......

...basically ...and shine spray and or smoothing polish will work....find one that works well with your hair.....always start with a small amount....u can add more if needed...but u don't wanna be a greaseball and have to shampoo and straighten again!

thanks for the info -- i want to try the abba mica....

:laugh: LOL about not using too much, when i first got this spray i put WAY too much on, and I was like GREASE central... I've learned to spray from far away now and only a little bit.... :)

dknybabe, remember you tried my blonde glow the time we went to caruso's??? oh wait, that's when you much lighter hair......

Originally posted by mystify82281

thanks for the info -- i want to try the abba mica....

:laugh: LOL about not using too much, when i first got this spray i put WAY too much on, and I was like GREASE central... I've learned to spray from far away now and only a little bit.... :)

dknybabe, remember you tried my blonde glow the time we went to caruso's??? oh wait, that's when you much lighter hair......

yeah, that was in my blonde summer days...Im a dark beauty now, I like my hair dark for some reason though...I am going to get that Biosilk stuff...I want to try it!!!! Shine spray is dangerous if you spray too close...its like" Step away from the spray...stepp away from the spray..."

Misk, where can you purchse ABBA Mica?

Well, in general, I have extremely dry, damaged, and unshiny hair. I shampoo w/baby shampoo which doesn't strip my hair of everything and condition either with Herbal Essences Intensive Blends or deep condition when I straighten my hair with JOICO K- deep conditioner. Also, I just tried Sebastian Potion #7.... although it literally took about 15 shampoos to rinse out since I kinda overlaoded on it and kept it in too long hehe. Anyways, it worked wonders on my unhealthy frizzy hair.... it has never been softer after straightening! Also, for shine and silk, I use John Frieda Heat Activated 3-D Laminator, Charles Worthington frizz-ease serum, and John Frieda gloss spray... all at the same time... and my hair never gets greasy, probably b/c it's so incredibly dry.

I am a master in the quest for shiny hair!~

It's not just using a shine product though, it's the whole regimen.

(I don't know what kind of hair you have but mine is normal, medium thickness, and <~ slightly wavy, and this is what I do.....basically).

First you have to shampoo and condition with a good product. A couple I like that are more reasonably priced are,

KMS Silker Line (Shampoo, Conditioner and/or Silker spray in conditioner).

Or

Any Joico shampoo & ***Joico K-Pak Reconstructor*** (amazing stuff!)

Towel dry.

Use the spray in conditioner in addition to the conditioner rinse only if you have really thick or dry hair. Normal hair it’s up to you. If it’s really fine I’d stay away from the spray-in...…can weigh it down.

Use a straightener (even if you have straight hair.........just use less, that’s a trick that makes it silky)

Redken # 5 straighter is my favorite out of all I've tried because it's really conditioning. If you can't find it, any really will do. Lanza's is good. Laminates - Get it Straitt is nice too.

The (other) magic ingredient is Tex (Texture Line) Shine & Frizz repair!....The best of the shine drops. Not greasy even if you use a lot (but don't.....or experiment first, cuz too much can give you some flat a$$ greasy hair.) And putting it in wet is key.

Blow dry straight with a round brush. Round is good for body.

Then use some kind of heat to straighten your hair. You won’t have too go crazy cuz it will be straight from blow drying, but this part is really important. I personally like straightening with a curling iron best (as opposed to a flat iron)….just be careful not to catch your hair and break it........then blow some cold hair from the blow dryer on it and if your hair don't shine then just curl that $hit or something…………actually, it also looks good when you curl the ends a little......gives it that piecy look that will hold up on the dance floor!~………..To do that you have to use at least a 1†curler and only let it wrap around once starting at about an inch from the ends so that you don’t get too tight of a curl.

I feel like an excerpt from Glamour. :grin3:

:biggrin:

One of the best pieces of advice my hair stylist ever gave me was to not wash my hair everyday. No matter how gentle your shampoo is, it can still dry your hair out.

It was really hard for me at first since I have long hair but it really does keep your hair healthier which in turn will make it shinier.

I also use Aveda's Sap Moss Shampoo and Conditioner. That regimen has really done wonders for my usually dry, frizzy hair. I don't have to use nearly as much hairspray or other products to keep my hair smooth.

Hope that helps!

Originally posted by colonia

where can i get biosilk and how much does it cost?

also, do i need to get the complete line or just one product, and which one would it be? feedback pls:rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

i only have one product, it is used before or after blow drying to give some shine & get rid of frizzies. my friend who works at a salon gave it to me so i have no idea what it costs... i think its called silk therapy and its probably 15$ or so.

Hmmmm I tried Joico K-Pax Reconstructor..... I mean it's good, but not as good as i thought it to be. Also, just last nite when I was going out, for straightening my hair, I tried Joice Curl Relaxer which is a cream straightener, and it's soooooo great, made my hair all nice and smooth. Then I used another new product of mine, Sebastian Buff, which is a waxless pomade, very sparingly to just smooth the ends outs, and then finished off with yet another new product I bought Sebastian Laminants, which is a shine spray, and damn, my hair has never looked better! :)

Joico makes a spray shine that smells delicious and works great. You can get it at any salon. If anyone knows the paramus park mall theres a new store called Urban Groove and they sell every brand of hair products known. I used to work for Panico so i know they have great stuff.