Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
ravahstar

When to call it quits?

How do you know when a relationship is just going through hard times or if it's time to call it quits? I love my boyfriend, but we've been fighting so much for awhile now and i'm always thinking I wanna break up, but then when I'm home by myself I think how much I love and miss him. I'm really confused. I don't want to break up just cause we're going through a rough patch, but I don't wanna continuously fight and drag out the relationship only to break up in the end. I truly do love him, but sometimes is Love just not enough to make things work?:confused:

Originally posted by ravahstar

How do you know when a relationship is just going through hard times or if it's time to call it quits? I love my boyfriend, but we've been fighting so much for awhile now and i'm always thinking I wanna break up, but then when I'm home by myself I think how much I love and miss him. I'm really confused. I don't want to break up just cause we're going through a rough patch, but I don't wanna continuously fight and drag out the relationship only to break up in the end. I truly do love him, but sometimes is Love just not enough to make things work?:confused:

If you feel like you have been draggin it out the smartest thing to do is to break up.

I truly do love him, but sometimes is Love just not enough to make things work?:

Some people can't love you the way you want to be loved. While they may "love" you as much as they are capable of at the time, it may not be enough.

I've found that if you spend *that* much time trying to decide whether or not you should end it... it usually means it's over. :( But I wouldn't advise anything rash... I don't know how long you've been fighting or what over... maybe you two just need a break from each other for a while?

Originally posted by tastyt

I've found that if you spend *that* much time trying to decide whether or not you should end it... it usually means it's over. :( But I wouldn't advise anything rash... I don't know how long you've been fighting or what over... maybe you two just need a break from each other for a while?

I agree, dont go doing something that you're going to regret. Try to sit down and talk with him, and decide what the best thing to do at this point is, whether it be a break up or just a break. Either way, fighting isnt good for either of you, it just initiates more heartache

It's been a long time since you left me

I didn't mean to make you cry

I didn't mean to disappoint you

I didn't mean to tell you lies

And after all that we have been through

Won't you let me tell you why?

One more try - I didn't know how much I loved you

One more try - Let me put my arms around you

Living all these lonely nights without you

Oh baby, can't we give it one more try?

It's been a long time since I kissed you

It always used to feel so good

And if you knew how much I missed you

You'd forgive me if you could

And now that we have found eachother

Can't we give it one more try? (One more try)

And after all that we have been through

Won't you let me tell you why?

And now that we have found eachother

Can't we give it one more try? (One more try)

Oh girl, you know I love you

I just want you to know

Our love I'll always treasure

So please just don't let me go

Just listen to this song and you will know what to do !

Timmy T!!

The main thing is to just COMMUNICATE....If these fights are something that can be worked through then you shouldn't worry...every relationship has it's rough times it's just a matter of working it out....Usually when it comes down to breaking up you know in your heart what the right thing is to do.....Instead of just sitting & THINKING about it just tell him how your feeling...Loving someone comes along with compromising & working through the rough stuff...I'm sure this will all pass but if you guys do break up..at least you didn;t walk away from your relationship without TRYING to work things out..& thats all that counts

Originally posted by legend38

If you feel like you have been draggin it out the smartest thing to do is to break up.

Some people can't love you the way you want to be loved. While they may "love" you as much as they are capable of at the time, it may not be enough.

Love is a big part, but there are other things that have to go into a relationship to work. It's hard to walk away from something that means so much, but sometimes it's the best thing to do.....

...i have two answers. One is a smartass sarcastic comment, one is genuine advice. If the first one offends you, pay it no mind.

1.) Whine about it continuously to another guy, preferably a close friend. Get close, mislead the guy but end up fucking him anyway, then get into a funk about still being anchored to your boyfriend, yet promising someone else you like them and will leave them. Use 3rd person as a "comfort fuck" to change up the scenery. Ditch them when they begin whining about how you break their heart and refuse to dump your boy to be with them.

By this time you will have figured out a way to smooth things out with your bf, or at least are no longer bothered by the issue as much.

2.) Take an honest measure of the times you have with him. If the bad times outweigh the good, and you are spending more time patching up the road than driving over it, so to speak, then it's time for him to go. If not, then work it out and stay with him.

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

Love is a big part, but there are other things that have to go into a relationship to work. It's hard to walk away from something that means so much, but sometimes it's the best thing to do.....

It's hard, but you have to get a to a point where you realize your own well being is on the line.