Clubplanet Nightlife Community

should the olympics be in nyc?

this was supposed to be a poll, oh well. i ddont want the olympics in nyc. i imagine that taxpayers are gonna pay for the stadium and the rich are gonna make profits. trafic will be increased, plus the need for security and sanitation. apparently the public transportation system will pay for the olympics, that means fare hikes. i think the mayor is trying to milk 9/11 sympathy to get it here. new york wasnt really teh capital of the world like everyone says. bloomberg actually said that the 8 million people in nyc are better and smarter than any other 8 million people in the world. i think thats a pretty ridiculous statement to make but thats my opinion.

Originally posted by normalnoises

A terrorist attack can happen in Miami, FloriDUH just the same as it can happen in Noo Yawk!!

Nowhere in my post did I say I couldnt happen in Miami....... I just nearly stated that it would have been nice to have it Miami.... so get off my nut sack......

i dont think small business will benefit at all, rather the hotels, airlines, and big business guys financing it. maybe we can tax the hell out of tourist though i dunno. i really dont think the west side needs a new face, we should fix the wtc site b4 building some crappy stadium which will only be used for like the jets and metrostars after the olympics.