Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So I bought a jacket and the alarm is still on it...

magilicuti

you know anyone who works in a store that used the same type of tag? There are only about 3 companies that make those things, so chances are if you know a few people in retail that you could go 'visit' them at work and have then remove it for you...

bern

OMG...that happened to me last year...Lat Christmas, my dad bought me this BEAUTIFUL swaude knee length skirt with a slit from Arden B and they put it in the box and everything WITH THE ALARM ON:eek: I have the receipt and everything, but Im too scared to go in b/c I dont want them to think I stole it:laugh:

TO this day its still in the box, good luck:)

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

OMG...that happened to me last year...Lat Christmas, my dad bought me this BEAUTIFUL swaude knee length skirt with a slit from Arden B and they put it in the box and everything WITH THE ALARM ON:eek: I have the receipt and everything, but Im too scared to go in b/c I dont want them to think I stole it:laugh:

TO this day its still in the box, good luck:)

dknybabe, i'm disappointed in you!! you always speak up -- just call the store and explain what happened, and they will def. be MORE than happy to help you out! SOON SO YOU CAN WEAR YOUR SKIRT!!!!!:)

Make sure it doesn't have the ink cartridge, back in the day I worked in Retail and if you try to remove it, it will splatter ink al over your jacket. As lomg as you have a receipt your ok. Also, if you have the receipt and there is store branch closer to you, call and maybe you can take it there............ Or TRY Lock breakers.......... Good Luck

parns just made me think up something that just might work. Lock cutters are WAY to big to get in to that little metal pin- BUT- go to sears or home depot (or if your handy go in ur tool box) and get a good solid pair of wire cutters and just use them to cut the metal pin that pierces the jackets material.

there ya go - problem solved!

....now do i get a commission for my million dollar idea ? :D

bern

Originally posted by berniec

parns just made me think up something that just might work. Lock cutters are WAY to big to get in to that little metal pin- BUT- go to sears or home depot (or if your handy go in ur tool box) and get a good solid pair of wire cutters and just use them to cut the metal pin that pierces the jackets material.

there ya go - problem solved!

....now do i get a commission for my million dollar idea ? :D

bern

:tongue:

if you have a sensormatic security tag (the non ink ones)... take a strong elastic or rubber band. wrap it around the pin several times.. you can pull it off that way. (this is how shoplifters do it alot of times...) professionals can snap about 12 in a minute. THis acutally works and i have done it several times. Easier on shirts, harder on jeans and jackets.

if its the ink kind.. if you can.. put the garment in the freezer. and use the same tatic as above. freezing the ink will prevent it from splattering over you.

hehehe these are things that i was shown by security when i worked in retail stores. :cool: how to be a thief :tongue:

Originally posted by nycchic24

if you have a sensormatic security tag (the non ink ones)... take a strong elastic or rubber band. wrap it around the pin several times.. you can pull it off that way. (this is how shoplifters do it alot of times...) professionals can snap about 12 in a minute. THis acutally works and i have done it several times. Easier on shirts, harder on jeans and jackets.

if its the ink kind.. if you can.. put the garment in the freezer. and use the same tatic as above. freezing the ink will prevent it from splattering over you.

hehehe these are things that i was shown by security when i worked in retail stores. :cool: how to be a thief :tongue:

that is some good ass advice. i worked in retail and never heard that shit. what part of the alarm do you wrap the rubber band on? not sure what u mean exactly.

Originally posted by magilicuti

that is some good ass advice. i worked in retail and never heard that shit. what part of the alarm do you wrap the rubber band on? not sure what u mean exactly.

yeah... we had loss prevention seminars. Shoplifters, what to watch for and what they do. Lol I could tell you a lot on how to shoplift, things they do and how they get away with stuff. But its good to know, cuz it helps you keep your shrink (% of sales lost to shoplifting) Low. i used to be a store manger but actually learned this back in high school when i was only a sales assoc.

yeah i guess its harder to explain and write. sensors have two main pieces. the larger sensor piece and the pin. if the larger piece is facing up wrap the elastic around the pin that connects the two pieces and fastens the security tag on the garment like 5 or 6 times. then using the elastic as leverage.. try to pull the sensor piece (and hold the garment down). give it a firm tug.. but be careful cuz you can rip the garment sometimes too. it should pop off.

Originally posted by magilicuti

i don't feel like driving back to the store since its kinda far from me, anyone know how to take this shit off?

use a pair of needle nose pliers on the inside portion (so you dont damage the outside) pry it up like you would a beer top... itll come off in seconds... if not i have the gun if you need it...but its only for the knoby looking ones...