Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do bad things happen to good people ??

sweetie029

Well after a crazy weekend of clubs & bars I found out a kid from my neighborhood (who was known & liked by everyone he knew because well...he was an awesome kid) died saturday night..not by drunk driving not by doing drugs but by tripping & falling down a flight of stairs..yea I know all of you are probably laughing at this right now :rolleyes: but I don't find it all that amusing...now..the reason why I post this on the sex board is b/.c this kid had a girlfriend of a few years (who a few of my friends & I know)..& from my knowledge this is the first time this girl had found a guy that treated her like a queen...so my question is...how can someone get over something like this ?? :confused: I just feel terrible b/c me myself being with someone for a long time it really puts a lot of shit into perspective & makes you think about life & how precious every second really is...Now..I kinda need some advice b/c I am going to see this girl within the next few days what can I possibly say to console her in any way ?? Her life is obviously going to be changed forever so what can one do to possibly help her through this ?? :(:(

Ps - Sorry for bringing such a miserable topic up

. . . There's really nothing that you can say to console her . . :( . . I mean, I always find it best not to 'script' what I'm going to say when I try to console a friend when tragedy like this hits . . All you can do is just be there for her and listen if she needs it . . . You'll know what to say when the time comes . .

The fact that you care is enough. No matter how hard you try, the words aren't going to seem right. Just be there for her and let her know whatever she needs, you'll try your best to help her with. Losing someone you love is devasting and heart breaking, the only thing that helps it heal is time.

that is an awful story-- there are no magic words...spygirl is right: time is the important thing and this is not going to be easy for her. the best thing you can do is let her know you are there for her and how much you care, and be available--even just to sit and hug her or let her cry. she needs all the friends she can get right now.

wow that's truly horrible -- sometimes life makes no sense....

just last year, one of my friends lost her boyfriend as well, he was drinking that night, and in a BAD mood... so his friends told him to go cool off on the deck outside his bedroom on the 3rd floor -- he somehow slipped on the ice and fell off.......

these kinds of accidents are so hard to understand because they not only unexpected, but completely shocking and hard to believe......

there is nothing you can say to your friend that will make her heart unbroken.... just be there for her, and encourage to talk about however she feels at that time (mad, confused, sad, etc) to correctly grieve, you MUST talk.....

honestly i lost my stepfather last year to cancer and i mean , he was such an amazing man. honest, hard-working, passionate, intelligent, caring, etc.... he made my mom SO happy for the 6 years they had together..... she always says that while right now these things don't make sense, just remember that god has a plan and sometimes his plan doesn't make sense to us bc we can't see the whole picture....

it used to piss me off when my mom said that because he was SUCH an amazing man, and she is absolutely HEARTBROKEN without him, but perhaps this is true -

Originally posted by sweetie029

Well after a crazy weekend of clubs & bars I found out a kid from my neighborhood (who was known & liked by everyone he knew because well...he was an awesome kid) died saturday night..not by drunk driving not by doing drugs but by tripping & falling down a flight of stairs..yea I know all of you are probably laughing at this right now :rolleyes: but I don't find it all that amusing...now..the reason why I post this on the sex board is b/.c this kid had a girlfriend of a few years (who a few of my friends & I know)..& from my knowledge this is the first time this girl had found a guy that treated her like a queen...so my question is...how can someone get over something like this ?? :confused: I just feel terrible b/c me myself being with someone for a long time it really puts a lot of shit into perspective & makes you think about life & how precious every second really is...Now..I kinda need some advice b/c I am going to see this girl within the next few days what can I possibly say to console her in any way ?? Her life is obviously going to be changed forever so what can one do to possibly help her through this ?? :(:(

Ps - Sorry for bringing such a miserable topic up

theres two types of ppl in this world... ppl who get shit on, or ppl who shit on ppl...