Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how to make boston the perfect club scene.....

chaosconundrum

Thats easy. Remove the corruption for the local government. Stop the very few ppl that actually own ALL the clubs in Boston from paying off the local government and police from shutting down new clubs.

Am I lying? No. I was part of a venture to start a new club. An owner of multiple rival clubs wanted to buy in on our action. We said no. He got the Boston Police to harrass us and ultimately shut us down.

They have created thier own little world, wether its particularly good or not, ppl pay for it - because thats all there is.

Boston sucks for clubs...

Originally posted by sonicgroov:

what changes would you guys make to the boston club scene that would make it better and more enjoyable? just wondering.

peace

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

besides choas's points which ive heard plenty o times over and over again!!!

push the curfue back from 2am!!!!

and have more "landsdowne" clubs in the rest of the city....

------------------

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.djjoshuacarl.com

" TARGET=_blank>www.djjoshuacarl.com

</A> flares.gif

didnt know about that conundrum....thats interesting. something like that is never gonna change, and that sucks for us.

being from nyc, the shutdown time does have to change as well. 2am is when i start to get going. but that another thing that wont be changed vry easily. i guess its a lost cause here in boston.

fuck it, lets all go to ny

peace out cwm30.gif

------------------

~~ TrYpDaLyTeFaNtAsTiC ~~

Who's your daddy?!?....FRANKIE BONES

Originally posted by sonicgroov:

didnt know about that conundrum....thats interesting. something like that is never gonna change, and that sucks for us.

being from nyc, the shutdown time does have to change as well. 2am is when i start to get going. but that another thing that wont be changed vry easily. i guess its a lost cause here in boston.

fuck it, lets all go to ny

You know what, I would say the same thing, everyone in Boston should just go to NYC ( I go every other weekend ) but I honestly think most people, or at least half the people in Boston are too fuckin' conservative to handle NYC-it's a whole different scene down there

I was in Karma one Saturday and Robbie Tronco was there spinning, the guy that made the Oompa song about bumps and he had his friends there doing a show onstage while he spun that song-he had a two foot tall oompa midget, this guy dressed up like the devil, and these transvestites in cheerleading outfits that said "K" on the front. I thought it was fuckin awesome but most of the people there were just standing there staring like "what the fuck is going on???"

That's when I realized that Boston is too fuckin conservative to handle a NYC style club...

cwm7.gif

Luxie I understand where your coming from.But lots of people in Boston are not from Boston.NY,Miami etc..build it and they will come !!

Originally posted by ohrichy:

I'm also bored in Boston.The current club owners have no motivation to make it a better scene.Thank god I'm a member of a private after hours club.It's impossible to get a bite to eat in Boston after two am.

clubs in NYC is a whole other realm. its like a different world. i definitley feel like i am escaping the real world when in nyc. here in boston, its just a place to go for a couple of hours. its just not the same. and i gurantee money would be pouring in if there was the opportunity to stay later.

peace out cwm30.gif

------------------

they work things so differently here too. never, ever EVER did i get a pat down or search for drugs or anything like that. in nyc, i had to take my shoes off to get into Exit. just goes to show the different mindframe these two cities are in.

peace out cwm30.gif

------------------

Yeah it does suck if you are from a place like nyc or europe because then you know what you are missing. When you come from boston you get accustomed to the way things are. I just started to go down to nyc on the weekends, you can actually go to more than one club in a night and you don't need to worry about driving while all fucked up because of cabs. If more people experienced what it was like elsewhere they would try to change it here, most people I know who miss nyc, miami, etc., take trips there every weekend or every other weekend. If the boston club scene wasn't so influenced by all the colleges here, the rules about curfew and shit would change and the scene would be better. The club owners and managers would have more freedom, since that will never happen, we have to live with what we have.

i agree spillway, as long as its influenced by the colleges, the curfew will never be lifted. sucks, casue it has so much potential...

ps. i hittinn nyc thanksgiving eve...wendesday night at the SF. cant wait!

peace out cwm30.gif

------------------

I have a good idea of how to make the clubs better....round up all the people who sit there and talk about the way you dance or dress or talk or the people you DONT know and have them humiliated.Thats one virtue alot of people I think havent experienced and need to.Im just sick of all the *elite* people I see at clubs talking shit and laughing at people because there not up with the style or cant dance or whatever.I thought clubs were a place for release from the outside world for me once but now I dont know what it IS anymore....sorry hade to vent

sorry you feel that way saalar...the best thing you could do is just ignore them and just do what you came to do...dance your fuckin ass off...drop some bombs and you wont even care anymore...you will be showing their asses up....

peace out cwm30.gif

ps. dance like no one's watching

------------------

Who's your daddy....FRANKIE BONES!

• 6 years later...

CLEARLY .. IF U THINK CLUBS IN BOSTON SUCK.. YOUR HITTIN THE WRONG CLUBS...

IF UR AN LANSDOWNE DIE HARD.. THAT COULD BE YOUR PROBLEM!! LANDSDOWNE MUSIC IS COMMERICAL ...

THE REAL MUSIC AND SIIICKKK VENUS... ARE FOUND IN THE HEART OF BOSTONS T-DISTRICT

RUMOR FRIDAY- HOTTEST HOUSE ULL FIND

SIICKKKEST HIP HOP IN THE CITY

VENU SATURDAYS- BOSTONS TOP LOCAL DJ'S.. INCLUDING JAY PROUTY, CRAIG MITCHELL, JOSH PARRA 'ETIQUETTE' , PAT BARRY, JUDEA STONES

DEEP - SEXII - HOUSE

PROGRESSIVE AND HARD TO UNDERGROUND!!

HIP HOP ROOM IS ALWAYS SLAMMMMIIINNN WITH DJ HECTIK! BOSTONS MOST LOVED HIP HOP STUNA!

AND IF U HAVENT EXPERIENCED RISE AFTERHOURS.. YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCED BOSTON NIGHTLIFE ... THE AFTERHOURS NIGHTLIFE IS WHERE YOUR GONA FIND THE HOTTEST INTERNATIONAL TALENT.. VICTOR CALDERON .. DANNY TENAGLIA.. PETER R ... WITH LOCALS IN THE LOUNGE THAT WOULD MAKE U NEVA WANA LEAVE

STEP OUT OF UR REALM OF COMFORT.. TRY A NEW CLUB.. AND SEE WHAT THE BOSTON CLUB SCENE HAS TO OFFER YOU .. MUCH MORE THEN COMMERICALIZED MUSIC AND OLD SKOOL LANDSDOWNE.. I WAS A LANSDOWNE LOVA WHEN I WAS 18... IM THE BIG 23 (SHUT UP) AND LET ME TELL U ... THESE HIGH END CLUBS ARE WHAT BOSTON NIGHTLIFE IS.. ITS WHAT MAKES BOSTON ONE OF THE BEST CITIES ... KNOWN FOR ITS INTENSE MUSIC.. AND LOVE FOR BRINGING BOSTON THE HOTTEST TALENT .. TO THE SIICKKEST VENUS

I PROMOTE

RUMOR FRIDAY

VENU SATURDAY

RISE AFTERHOURS FRI/SAT **PRIVATE CLUB.. NEED TO BE ON A GUESTLIST TO GET IN.. NOT AFFECTED BY 18+ BAN.. STILL 18+** 130AM-7AM

AND A NEW NITE AT RUMOR ON SUNDAYS IM HELPIN CALLED 'CHURCH' THAT SHOULD DEFINITLY BE CHECKED OUT

GET AT FOR MORE INFO.. GIVE ALL OF A BOSTON A TRY BEFORE U START MAKIN ASSUMPTIONS THAT THE 3 OR 4 CLUBS U HAVE HIT.. ARE ALL BOSTON HAS TO OFFER... BOSTONS HAS OVER 300 CLUBS ... AND I PROMOTE FOR THE BEST OF THE BEST

EMAIL ME IF U WANA CLUB WITH THE BIG KIDS.. THE WAY CLUBBIN SHOULD BE HANDLED!

EMAIL- ITALIABELLA1369@AOL.COM

I've seen first hand that the Lansdowne scene has been going downhill for years. It's only a matter of time before some changes come about. It's going to get less commercial for awhile which will rejuvenate the scene, I think. It's all cyclic, really.

Bringing it back "underground" (read: in Boston, smaller venues) will douche the scene of all the talentless hacks, at least for a little while. Hopefully this happens soon because people are only going to come out if they are guaranteed good music. Lately, there's been very few nights that have had great music (insert shameless plug for Tension @ Phoenix in Cambridge on Wednesdays).

I honestly don't think that vacating the city on the weekends for NYC is the solution to our local problems either. Support the good music and the good nights and help those ones grow.

And As For The 2am Issue

Rise Afterhours 130am-7am//// Bostons Only Legal Afterhours Venu

18+ Never A Dress Code

Its Private And U Must Be On A Guestlist To Get In.. If U Wana Give It A Try.. Let Me Kno.. I Have Guestlists There Fri/sat And Long Wkend Sundays

post your pic!

You Have The Rite Idea.. Its Not The Mainstream Lansdowne Clubs That Are For True Club Goers... Landsdown Is For A Crowd That Doesnt Mind Rollin And Listenin To Adilson (no Offense.. I Enjoy His Music Once In A While) Week After Week... Not Noticing The Same Sets Over And Over Again.. And Stupid Ploys Like "bikini Search" .. Hottest Bartenders .. Hard Bodies... These Should Tip U Off.. These Clubs Are About The Money And Not The Music! You Have To Go Beyond Mainstream .. Rumor . Rise . Venu . The Goodlife . Places Like This Bring In High Quality Dj's (rise Esp.. In Constant Battle With Therapy For The 18+ Crowd... Holds Names Like Victor Calderon, Luca Ricci, Craig Mitchell, Danny Tenaglia, Roger Sanchez And So On...) Its A Private Club. I Can Be Ur Way In To Check Out A Club Scene That Isnt Commerical.. Just Sick Music.. House Heads.. And A Variety Of House.. From Lounge Ambiant .. To Tribal.. Progressive.. Deep And Sexxii.. You Just Need To Pay Attention To The Venus Posted. Jonathan Peters Is Comin To Rumor Feb 18th... He Was At Avalon A Few Weeks Ago And If U Went U Were Prob Not Too Happy.. Dj's Play To A Crowd And That Crowd Was An 18+ ... Were Here Cuz Its Avalon And I Have A Few Trax On My Ipod. When He Spins At Rumor.. Its Gona Be The Real... Wmc Hard Hittin House You Can Find In Stereo Or Ultra Or Pacha .. U Just Need To Keep Up On Events And The Real Music Prevails When U Cut Out The Mainstream And Find The Clubs That Actually Have Something Besides Promos And Grandfathered Names.. Like Avalon. And For The Concerns Of Avalon.. The Lions Bros Sold Out.. In 3 Years Landsdowne Is Going To Be All Commerical Hotels For Fenway. They Just Invested In An Array Of Clubs.. Suite Being One Of Them .. So If Ur Life Long Plan Is To Hit Lansdowne And Celebrate Ur 50th Wedding Anniversay There... U Mite Wana Rethink It

You Have The Rite Idea.. Its Not The Mainstream Lansdowne Clubs That Are For True Club Goers... Landsdown Is For A Crowd That Doesnt Mind Rollin And Listenin To Adilson (no Offense.. I Enjoy His Music Once In A While) Week After Week... Not Noticing The Same Sets Over And Over Again.. And Stupid Ploys Like "bikini Search" .. Hottest Bartenders .. Hard Bodies... These Should Tip U Off.. These Clubs Are About The Money And Not The Music! You Have To Go Beyond Mainstream .. Rumor . Rise . Venu . The Goodlife . Places Like This Bring In High Quality Dj's (rise Esp.. In Constant Battle With Therapy For The 18+ Crowd... Holds Names Like Victor Calderon, Luca Ricci, Craig Mitchell, Danny Tenaglia, Roger Sanchez And So On...) Its A Private Club. I Can Be Ur Way In To Check Out A Club Scene That Isnt Commerical.. Just Sick Music.. House Heads.. And A Variety Of House.. From Lounge Ambiant .. To Tribal.. Progressive.. Deep And Sexxii.. You Just Need To Pay Attention To The Venus Posted. Jonathan Peters Is Comin To Rumor Feb 18th... He Was At Avalon A Few Weeks Ago And If U Went U Were Prob Not Too Happy.. Dj's Play To A Crowd And That Crowd Was An 18+ ... Were Here Cuz Its Avalon And I Have A Few Trax On My Ipod. When He Spins At Rumor.. Its Gona Be The Real... Wmc Hard Hittin House You Can Find In Stereo Or Ultra Or Pacha .. U Just Need To Keep Up On Events And The Real Music Prevails When U Cut Out The Mainstream And Find The Clubs That Actually Have Something Besides Promos And Grandfathered Names.. Like Avalon. And For The Concerns Of Avalon.. The Lions Bros Sold Out.. In 3 Years Landsdowne Is Going To Be All Commerical Hotels For Fenway. They Just Invested In An Array Of Clubs.. Suite Being One Of Them .. So If Ur Life Long Plan Is To Hit Lansdowne And Celebrate Ur 50th Wedding Anniversay There... U Mite Wana Rethink It

Lucca Ricci?? hahahahahaha

The Clubs In Boston Ur Talkin About.. College Scene Clubs.. Are The Roxy, Pure, Saint, The Entire Lansdowne Strip .. If You Want Real Music.. Upscale Crowd.. There For The Music.. Rumor, Venu, And Rise.. Are Where You Want To Be.. No Questions Asked.. And Rise Is Afterhours 130am-7am.. So No Complaints About How Ya Nite Is Just Gettin Started.. Cuz U Have Til 7am To Do What U Want There.. Its Private But U Can Get In Thru A Member.. Its Ez.. Check It Out. Let Me Kno.. And They Are All Located Within Blocks Of Eachother

Archived