Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I wonder if there are drugs on the moon, or anywhere else in this universe

georgym

Originally posted by monicac

I´m sorry but that is a lame question.....I think there are far more interesting things to discover in space than new drugs.:rolleyes:

ok ms. "14 posts - ain't got nothing better to contribute" :rolleyes:

Have a little Imagination. and what else would you like to discover in space?

I thought it would be a kool idea. I mean how do we know if there is or isn't water in space. We are 1 of millions of galaxies, so how do we know what else is out there?

Plus, in the latest space news, i have heard we have a ship cruising outside of the milky way limits, so we may find something sooner than you think :idea:

People seem to forget that the universe is about 99% unknown territory. How naive and self-centered to place ourselves as the center of the universe, and insist that there is nothing else out there.

And i associate drugs with outer space, as do many other smurfs. I think it would be amazing to trip on mushrooms or smoke a fatty on a space station :D

I think it's actually been suggested by science that fungii (or at least some species) came from outer space. Frozen spores coming through the atmosphere on a meteor that melts when it impacts the ground..

I mean, If a meteor can bring water, air, "space dust" and hydrogen among other things into our planet, why not spores? :)

Now about that Richard D. James (Aphex Twin)... Terrestrial or non?

Non. Definitely non.

I'm pretty sure that if there were something in this galaxy that would have a desireable effect on the mind, I think that we would be able to make it synthetically here. You'd just have to study the mind and what kind of results you want from it.

I mean, afterall, Ecstasy came from experiments by Nasa to try to help Astronauts get more used to navigating zero gravity. Maybe they got the idea from some substances brought back from the early Apollo missions...?

Originally posted by monicac

I thought Ecstacy was developed by European scientists for therapy........

It was first synthesized in 1914 and patented by Merck Pharmeceuticals, and I don't remember what it's original purpose was, but I believe it was weight-loss.

Originally posted by gmccookny

What do you think?

It' would be fatty to find some substances in a far-distant planet, or maybe even our own moon. Who knows what's growing out there :eek:

But the question is... would you try it :confused:

ooh- what a great puzzle to ponder~

:)

NO doubt there are mysterious substances and elements out there with mind and body altering capabilities--

~Yup ~ you now all those NASA scientists have their share of wild, "farout" parties :o;)

hey - that would be a good club name- labratory-

anyway- yes- we need to more space exploration- earth isnt going to last forever ~ not at this rate :-\

Moon rocks anyone? :tongue:

Any place that is inhabited will have drugs. Drugs are a big part of every culture on earth - past and present. In some societies - drugs have even increased survival. In some polyneasion (sp?) islands - they eat what is called beatle (not sure if it is a bug or a plant) but anyway - in times of starvation they would take this to reduce appetite and increase there energy and motivation to hunt for food. It is still a big part of their culture and for one to visit - he must partake in this drug - even if he does not swallow.

Nautica

Originally posted by candeo

Non. Definitely non.

I'm pretty sure that if there were something in this galaxy that would have a desireable effect on the mind, I think that we would be able to make it synthetically here. You'd just have to study the mind and what kind of results you want from it.

You're assuming that we have the ability to synthesize anything that exists in the universe. Do you really believe everything that is *out there* can be created here??? We're not just talking about this solar system, or even this galaxy... we're talking about the entire universe- EVERYTHING that exists!