Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
weyes

when you make a kind of *connection* with a cper

i really didn't know which board to put this on - it's not about sex, but about connecting on a very personal sort of level... a meeting of something beyond the mind, i think. *clicking*, i guess.

i'm talking about when you find someone on the board whose threads you'll always open, no matter what they're called, because you know that that person will have something to say that'll interest you. and it's much rarer than those people whose posts you always ignore :D .

this first happened to me very soon after i first joined cp. i was at a meetup in nyc setup by blueangel (r.i.p.), who had made everyone nametags with their screennames and real first names. just about everyone knew each other, and i found myself sinking into a couch, feeling really uncomfortable and left out. but a really excited guy hurried up to me and blurted out, "i was looking for you all night last week at twilo! do you know how many girls wear fuschia tank tops?????"

i had posted that i'd be there wearing said tank top, but i ended up not going.

but i had no idea who this guy was, and i didn't recognize his screenname. i didn't even post that much then, either, so i was kinda creeped out by the idea of someone on the board specifically looking for me at a club where i'd never partied before.

but when i got home, i did a search on him. it turned out that he posted on just about everything i ever either posted on or even just looked at. and we also had a lot in common in our posts. we're good friends now :) .

since then, that's only happened to me with a few other people, but it's wonderful. i love coming home and seeing what they've written that day. it's kind of like having a favorite author, entertainer, philosopher, and - when it's someone new, a friend-to-be, all in one :) .

Originally posted by weyes

since then, that's only happened to me with a few other people, but it's wonderful. i love coming home and seeing what they've written that day. it's kind of like having a favorite author, entertainer, philosopher, and - when it's someone new, a friend-to-be, all in one :) .

i know what you mean-- :D

Originally posted by weyes

i really didn't know which board to put this on - it's not about sex, but about connecting on a very personal sort of level... a meeting of something beyond the mind, i think. *clicking*, i guess.

i'm talking about when you find someone on the board whose threads you'll always open, no matter what they're called, because you know that that person will have something to say that'll interest you. and it's much rarer than those people whose posts you always ignore :D .

this first happened to me very soon after i first joined cp. i was at a meetup in nyc setup by blueangel (r.i.p.), who had made everyone nametags with their screennames and real first names. just about everyone knew each other, and i found myself sinking into a couch, feeling really uncomfortable and left out. but a really excited guy hurried up to me and blurted out, "i was looking for you all night last week at twilo! do you know how many girls wear fuschia tank tops?????"

i had posted that i'd be there wearing said tank top, but i ended up not going.

but i had no idea who this guy was, and i didn't recognize his screenname. i didn't even post that much then, either, so i was kinda creeped out by the idea of someone on the board specifically looking for me at a club where i'd never partied before.

but when i got home, i did a search on him. it turned out that he posted on just about everything i ever either posted on or even just looked at. and we also had a lot in common in our posts. we're good friends now :) .

yes- I agree-

but a point add:

I think sometimes it's hard to be distintive on a message board post - personality wise- atleast with me- I think ppl have an E- persona and a reality one- but it is certainly possible to connect with people and it happens:D