Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hartford, ct...

clubbingirl69

alright...i know that this is a boston message board...but there isn't one for hartford or else i would post there...anywho...i just wanted to let you all know about this great, wonderful, fantastic afterhours club in hartford...shit...its supposedly like a world reknowned club...but anyway...its called SYSTEM...and the address is 191 Ann St...its $15 to get in but it is well worth it...hmm...lets see what else...oh ya water is $3, but you can always go in the bathroom and refill the bottle, lollipops are $1, gatorade is $4, and there is more but i don't remember what they are...during the warmer months they open up the roof where they play music...and you can get fresh air...but sadly enough now that the colder months are here it is currently closed...there are 2 different rooms...and they have male and female dancers to suit everyone...i actually know a couple...i went to high school with one of them and when i saw him dancing there i almost shit my pants but anyway...they are only open on friday and saturday...doors open at 11pm and they say the closing time is 7am but i was there 2 weeks ago until 1/4 to 8....i think that i should be getting paid for all this wonderful advertisement...lol...hope to see you all there...

keep on dancing

angela

aka

clubbingirl cwm9.gif

Hey clubbingirl- I first wanna say welcome the board..Just to let you know I'll be at system Sat/Sun with a bunch of friends from Boston...we should meet up..I'll be in all black with a tattoo of a bulldog with the name tut(easiest way to figure out who I am) What type of house do they play? I'll be tearin it up big time..it won't be hard to miss me...see ya Sat..tut cwm12.gif

I must say I never thought I would see a topic with HFTD as the subject. I grew up in Hartford, went to BU and now live in Jersey. I must say that Boston's club scene is probably the worst I have ever been too. I could not believe that when I went to visit home, that System and Ansomnia were there. I was so excited!! The NYC club scene is great but starting to get tired of the $35 covers and rude people. Exit, SF and Twilo were cool for a bit, but staring to find other underground places that are fucking sick!! I enjoy the Hartford club scene, because I run into people I haven't seen in years. There is a new club opening soon there as well, I think it is called VIBE, and is located on Church St. You should check that out. Hey if you guys are going to be at System this weekend, keep an eye out for me as well, huge tat of my Irish family crest on my lower back..........safe dancing!!! cwm41.gif

cwm35.gif Hey Tut, next time you go back to System can you check around for my pupils? cwm35.gif

In all seriousness cwm4.gif I highly recomend everyone check this place out! The music was great, tons of little spaces to dance, great vibe...well worth the drive from Boston (about an hour). It reminded me of a cross between Hudson and Pulse with 2 more floors and lots more couches! We got there at about 4 and it was a little packed but by 5 it was perfect. So if you havent been yet your missing out!!!

cwm30.gif

cwm35.gif Hey Tut, next time you go back to System can you check around for my pupils? cwm35.gif

In all seriousness cwm4.gif I highly recomend everyone check this place out! The music was great, tons of little spaces to dance, great vibe...well worth the drive from Boston (about an hour). It reminded me of a cross between Hudson and Pulse with 2 more floors and lots more couches! We got there at about 4 and it was a little packed but by 5 it was perfect. So if you havent been yet your missing out!!!

cwm30.gif

I've been stuck in farm country for the past 6 months, my closest club is 400 miles away. cwm25.gif But i'm coming back to new england in a week and one of my girls is taking me to System for coming home party. She said it's 20X better than anything she's been to in boston and you can't beat the cover. She normally goes up to NY but says everyone in CT is so much friendlier. SOOOOO EXCITED!!! cwm2.gif

Are u guys serious about the afterhours in Hartford? I'm from Ct and i've been around that scence for 3 years and its a total joke. System is compiled of little candy ravers between the ages of 16-19. I will give credit when credit when credit is due and must say Mall Bell is the reason for afterhours in Ct. Its too bad that there isn't a place in Boston for afterhours. I go to both the Avalon and Roxy everyweek and must say those clubs are pretty good (def. not NYC).

Ok...maybe if I lived in CT I wouldn't go to System, but it's def, got good music. I'm never there early enough to hear Maa Bell, but Sean Cunningham KICKS FUCKIN ASS. I could do without all the e-tards & candy ravers as well, but Sean really knows how to move a crowd.

Just my opinion.....

------------------

"Close your eyes & dance like no one is watching"

FIRST OF ALL....SYSTEM IS not full of candy ravers...Second of all...the age range is like 18-45...Third of all...maybe you should head on down before you diss this place...but whatever to each there own...I love this place and thats all that matters...to those that love System...keep comin back...there are never too many people there...check ya later

angela

------------------

~*~Dance the Night Away~*~

I agree that system also is phat..I to thought there was alot of ravers, but that isn't a bad thing. The people there were very friendly and Sean Cunningham is sick!!! I thought the vibe there was real cool and everyone there was having a good time!!

That is what really matters!!!

i totally agree w/ clubbingirl! System rocks and I was very impressed with the maturity level (i.e. NOT LITTLE KIDS) I am 23 and am sick of places where there are all little kids. System has a good crowd, slammin music and a great vibe. Anyone in RI who wants to head up there this weekend let me know or pm me!

Archived