Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats the BEST club in DC and Baltimore?

Emmitt

Originally posted by Emmitt

planning on spending the weekend there sometime soon and would like to know whats the best club there that plays great house music/kind of like nyc style and vibe...thanks!:D

DC IS DC, NYC IS NYC. YOU WONT FIND AN NYC TYPE VIBE HERE. BUT YOU WILL FIND GREAT HOUSE MUSIC IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO LOOK. FIVE (18TH AND M) IS A GREAT PLACE TO START. AND IF YOU GO UP A FEW FEET AND MAKE A LEFT, RED IS RIGHT THERE. IT'S NOT MARKED BUT JUST LOOK FOR THE TINTED DOORS ON YOUR LEFT.

it might not be your scene, but to answer the question in the thread title, i think the new Sonar is definitely one of the best if not the best in the area, now that buzz@nation is over.

i've been lazy so i haven't given it a real review yet, but i went to see John B there Nov.1 and had a great time. it's a new location (Sonar used to be a small 100 person capacity bar/lounge on O'Donnell St in Baltimore), and from what i understand they worked on the new space for about 6 months building/installing/decoration/testing etc. among the owners, lonnie fisher (of ultraworld fame), and its pretty obvious that a lot of thought was put into the design of the club (i suppose 10 years of throwing parties had a positive effect). i think it's only a few blocks from Trust, it's somewhere downtown, but there's a huge FREE parking lot and no crackheads "watching" cars. we went inside (no waiting in the cold), paid the $5 cover and went to chill in the lounge until the main room opened....lots of big black leather sofas, stools, room to dance, very nice atmosphere + lighting, good sound and visible DJ booth. the bar in the lounge is kinda small so when it gets crowded it might be hard to get a drink.

eventually the main room opened, and wow! it's kind of like the main room of Arc but smaller, actually the whole club reminds me of Arc in terms of layout and design....great lighting and good sound (apparently they're still tweaking it)....low ceiling...and DJ booth raised up, front and center.

if i lived in baltimore i think i would go all the time, the lounge is a phat place to chill and it makes for a cheap evening. now if they wouldn't mind booking some progressive/tribal DJs...

oh, and john b was awesome :D

more info at:

www.sonarlounge.com

www.ultraworld.net