Clubplanet Nightlife Community

whos your favorite DJ?

sonicgroov

Originally posted by beanboy:

this is for billy and H you guys put DJ Gene in your list. You dont mean I hope Gene from Peabody, The Portuguese Princess. Please if he reads this his head will even get bigger and everyone will have to hear about how everybody voted for him on the net. cwm35.gif

No clue if its the same guy. I just remember his sets from Hudson were unreal!

cwm4.gif

aight aight no doubt Billy yanks get props but look out next yr MES baby...

thanx for the support

MY favorites: Vicious, JP, Ojeda, Tony Draper, Acid, Oakenfold, Richie Santana, Tennaglia

Locals: Nailz (we love you for starting up with us) Manny, Roger M. Raffi

Look out for the future of 6one7 productions:

Steve Petsis & Billy Kalos (Phantom&Vicious), DJ Tasty, Mongo & Prophet...

another 6one7 banga'

VENU thursdays, Flaunt tuesdays @ Aria, and Superstar Fridays @ Paradise

Everyone's opinion should be considered. There is no right or wrong opinion on this board. First in no particular order

Reknown Djs: JP,Junior vasquez,Boris,Johnny Vicious,Hex Hector,Oakie,Danny tenaglia,Carl Cox,Sasha & Digweed,david Morales,judge Jules,Peter Rauhofer,Victor calderone, Tall paul,Skribbles

Local Djs:Roger M (JP jr.),DJ Nailz (what would Venu do w/o him),Ali Ajami (a force to be reckoned with)Mario Lima (in love w/himself),Raffi (self proclaimed greatest DJ),Chris desimone (still going strong for the locals) and finally Frankie S (the biggest queen of them all,Boston's version of Paris at SF). Hope to be in Boston soon. See all of Venu staff and promoters soon!!

great job you jerk off...ha ha ha whats the deal Billy you fucking clown ...Stop sucking JP's cock yet or has he stuck it up your ass...Dont be mad cause next time you come to Venu Ill treaty your ass like Paris does to you at factory...J/K Much love kid hope to see you soon...

cwm18.gifcwm14.gifcwm10.gifcwm27.gifcwm26.gifcwm5.gifcwm7.gif

in the realm of hiphop

tony toca's definatly in there

revolution is nasty too.

localy?

roy barboza...i know but hes the only hiphop dj on the radio that actually takes a muscians aproach to hiphop programming.

blending and whatnot

the guys on 97.7 suck!!!

every song is scratch scratch, juggle juggle DROP! I HATE THAT SHIT

kaoss is pretty tight too

------------------

flares.gif

www.djjoshuacarl.com

Frankie,Frankie,Frankie no no it's not Billy. I knew you would take it too personal!! Relax will you. I thought you had a sense of humor. I guess you don't. You really take this as an insult? If you do you got problems kid. Ace,Frankie,Brandon,Steve and all the Venu team see ya later. Hey Frankie what were you for Halloween this year? See ya on the flip side!!

Frankie,Frankie,Frankie no no it's not Billy. I knew you would take it too personal!! Relax will you. I thought you had a sense of humor. I guess you don't. You really take this as an insult? If you do you got problems kid. Ace,Frankie,Brandon,Steve and all the Venu team see ya later. Hey Frankie what were you for Halloween this year? See ya on the flip side!!

Good question.

No particular order for the outoftowners, I like each style in and of itself

1) Johnny Vicious

2) Scribbles

3) Anthony Acid

4) Sal Parm, (plasmic Honey)

5) David Ralph

6) Judge Jules

7) DJ Irene

I prefer progressive harder trance, more intensity... and much more dimensional...(eg... I went to see Sandra Collins at the Avalon last time she was there, after like an hour, I still thought she was playing the same song... just a repetitive beat that doesn't change and mostly the same electronic sounds....ughhhhh)... great for chill out tho...

As far as locals:

1) Lenny C and Rick Naples (1st place tie)

2) Freddie C

3) Manolo

4) DeSimone, ( hey man, I just got to hear you once at VISION last Friday...)

And I definitely definitely know that I am leaving out a host of very talented DJ's that I have heard of but have never had the pleasure of personally listening to myself... Whalen, MacGyver, Nailz, Sal, I am sure all you guys respectfully belong on my list...

Lenny C has to be the biggest undiscovered gem in this Boston area... he doesn't play the DJ circuit but he does have a residence at the BBC2000. Anyone from this board that knows him will be able to back up what I am saying. As far as DJ Rick, he IS the Godfather of progressive music in this area... no other comparisions in the local arena...( this is just my opinion, then again, I could be wrong...)

What's up Nailz..... you probably might remember me at VISION... I was the guy with the shades... silver club shirt and keeping Lenny's beer glass full. You were helping out with the lights when i peeked in, (or is it "peaked", maybe the way i felt that night, it was both) ...looking forward to hearing you and Naples do that tagteam at DEJAVU!!! Have you listened to Lenny's #42 CD that he passed out that night....

[This message has been edited by cbx143 (edited 12-01-2000).]

Archived