Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What kind of flatiron do you use??

Originally posted by angelicious

I use my sister's not sure what it is but i know she got it at like a cvs, but I was looking at the website about flatirons about a month ago and the go for up to $100 bucks, the professional irons. Damnit, I'm gonna get one, all i do is straighten my hair everyday.

my roommate has a professional one, it is AMAZING -- i think she got it from a salon and it was around $150 but sooo worth it.

i just use hot tools, got it from cvs, and does my hair VERY well :)

i live by my hot tools iron.. but when i got mine like 3 years ago.. i had to get it from my hairdresser cause they didn't sell them in regular stores yet... back then it was like 75 bucks.. now you can get them for 20 bucks! since i loose everything.. i keep losing mine.. buying a new one.. and then finding the other one.. so i have like 4! hey has anyone gone to the store trade secrets? they just opened one in garden state... it has everything.. for hair make up and nails.. you have to check it out!

Originally posted by somebitch

i just blow dry in a few sections.

I do that first, then I go over it with the flatiron...I wish I could just blowdry it and leave it alone. But the only way my hair comes out perfect when its blowdryed is when I come out of the salon:tongue: You are very lucky that's all you have to do...Im jealous:mad: , Just kiddin':D

I blow dry it too then flatiron it so it's a little flatter adn smoother... i have A LOT OF FUCKN hair -- every time i go to the salon, they're like amazed at the amount of hair on my head. so i MUST use a flat iron...

i also LOVE getting my hair blown dry at the saloN! what a treat!

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

I know, I have ALOT of hair too...thats why it takes sooo damn long:mad:

i know my hair takes like 45 min - 1 hr on a GOOD day :laugh:

chica maybe we shouldn't complain though bc when we're 80 and gray and going bald, we'll look back on these days and think we complained over nothing!!!!:D

i bought mine in TO so it was a little cheaper for me to get it up there than in the states. i have a babybliss professional hair straightner (1 1/4" plates). i think it might be around 70USD. the only downside to it is that it has no temperature adjustments on it.

this is what i found from a website:

http://www.folica.com/appliances/bab2552.htm

(actually its 75USD)

The ceramic iron assists in making hair more manageable, by generating a negative ion field. When hair becomes entirely charged by static electricity (positive electrical charges produced by dry friction and natural movement of the hair), it tends to spread out and become difficult to style. The hair cuticles open, resulting in dull, unhealthy hair. The negatively charged molecules generated by ceramic products smooth and relax the hair by canceling static electricity.

The source of all heat lies in the infrared. When introduced to heat, the ceramic products emit far infrared heat waves, which have longer wavelengths. Heat at this level is more easily absorbed by hair, resulting in enhanced vitality, reduced stress, and less damage.

Product Features:

170 watts of power with superior Ceramic Pulse heating technology

1¼" plate size

Ceramic creates shiny, smooth finish

Ceramic emits ion reflectives

Ceramic renews and revitalizes hair

Ceramic instant heat

Heating plates wrap around edge for easy finishing touches! Also included is a removable comb. Add comb to hold hair securely while straightening. Remove comb to add finishing touches.

Lock the heat in! New swivel lock keeps the iron in closed position while not in use, maintaining maximum plate temperature of 220º.

Contoured easy grip handles

9' professional power cord

Dual voltage for worldwide use

One year limited warranty

Warnings & Precautions:

Keep away from water to reduce the risk of burns, electric shock, fire or bodily injury. For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction book carefully before using.